Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 25-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are obviously very young, naiive and still wet behind the ears.
What you are describing is the current TREND of employment. Tech may be hot NOW but it wasn't that way 15-20 years ago and it may not be 15-20 years from today. This employment TREND has happened before for engineers in the electronics manufacturing and semi conductor industry in Singapore in the 1990s. It was the HOT TREND then but not NOW. Similarly things will change in the tech segment. Besides, all the tech skills you have today could be obsolote in the next 5 years.
And to the point of you don't get fired out of the blue? You sure about that? Again you are delusional. 1) Nobody is indispensible. 2) Many companies these days retrench as soon as they do not make enough money to "meet analyst forecast". 3) Foreign talents who are much younger and hungrier not to mention much cheaper are all waiting to take your job, young padawan. You are nothing special. Just remember that. It will do you a world of good.
Well said. To them tech is the only booming industry that will be here forever.

Old 25-04-2022, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
What you are describing is the current TREND of employment. Tech may be hot NOW but it wasn't that way 15-20 years ago and it may not be 15-20 years from today.
Don't need to be too harsh. People do not know what they do not know. Most people do not look at cycles and focus on what is likely in next 2-3 years (which is tech will still pay well)

The young SWE / tech seem to think their industry is infallible. But they probably dunno that it is actually not that hot just a couple of years back even though big tech firms are always around. Computer Science cut off for local uni has a pretty low bar if you just look at it a few years back, and I don't think the local graduates are paid that well in 2010s. Obviously we have more tech firms now. But things like uber, facebook, amazon and others have been around since early 2010s.

Old 25-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Don't need to be too harsh. People do not know what they do not know. Most people do not look at cycles and focus on what is likely in next 2-3 years (which is tech will still pay well)

The young SWE / tech seem to think their industry is infallible. But they probably dunno that it is actually not that hot just a couple of years back even though big tech firms are always around. Computer Science cut off for local uni has a pretty low bar if you just look at it a few years back, and I don't think the local graduates are paid that well in 2010s. Obviously we have more tech firms now. But things like uber, facebook, amazon and others have been around since early 2010s.
I agree its harsh but it needs to be said for those young people who would listen. Like you said, too many young people view employment trends with rose tinted glasses. I'm giving them a dose of brutal truth and reality. Why do i say so? Because I was the excat same idiot 15-20 years ago, just like that guy. I thought I was invincible, indispensible until i am not.

But don't get me wrong here, I am not saying don't put in effort in your day job. That's NOT what I am saying. I'm saying put in as much effort into building multiple source of income as you have with your day job. That way you have more security AND options even if you eventually lose your day job. You can, for example, spend a year to take up a new course and pivot your career into something else. An option that would be unavailable if you only have 1 source of income i.e. your day job. I learned this the hard way. Better late than never.

Old 25-04-2022, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What you are describing is the current TREND of employment. Tech may be hot NOW but it wasn't that way 15-20 years ago and it may not be 15-20 years from today. This employment TREND has happened before for engineers in the electronics manufacturing and semi conductor industry in Singapore in the 1990s. It was the HOT TREND then but not NOW. Similarly things will change in the tech segment. Besides, all the tech skills you have today could be obsolote in the next 5 years.
And to the point of you don't get fired out of the blue? You sure about that? Again you are delusional. 1) Nobody is indispensible. 2) Many companies these days retrench as soon as they do not make enough money to "meet analyst forecast". 3) Foreign talents who are much younger and hungrier not to mention much cheaper are all waiting to take your job, young padawan. You are nothing special. Just remember that. It will do you a world of good.
I'm actually 40 with kids.

Been in tech for the past 15 years. Anyway no worries, it's all good. You believe what you believe, I'll stick to mine. We can agree to disagree.

No point debating further if you're going to use ad hominem attacks and talk about tech when you clearly have 0 idea about it given the fact that you compared semi-conductor's pop to tech...

Also yeah sure, FT talents knowing my tech stack, good luck with that. Not everything comes with just reading books and experimenting. There's a reason why the market is HOT for talents / senior devs and AWFUL for fresh grad noobs who can't even switch languages without crying about the syntax.
Old 25-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Been in tech for the past 15 years. Anyway no worries, it's all good. You believe what you believe, I'll stick to mine. We can agree to disagree.

No point debating further if you're going to use ad hominem attacks and talk about tech when you clearly have 0 idea about it given the fact that you compared semi-conductor's pop to tech...

Also yeah sure, FT talents knowing my tech stack, good luck with that. Not everything comes with just reading books and experimenting. There's a reason why the market is HOT for talents / senior devs and AWFUL for fresh grad noobs who can't even switch languages without crying about the syntax.
You cannot blame pple for being harsh. You sounded better now compared to earlier on if you are indeed the same person.
Old 25-04-2022, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

bro why the fk would you even bother with these people here?? if ure earning al ot with a family and what not why would u even browse this trash forum lol a bit kum gong sia u alr know only losers come this forum cry 24/7 about their life, u think real working people got time waste on here meh? im only a fresh grad i come here troll retards and laugh at the old dumbasses here crying

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 25-04-2022, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You cannot blame pple for being harsh. You sounded better now compared to earlier on if you are indeed the same person.
It's not about being harsh or not, there's a difference between being "harsh" and full-blown using ad hominem attacks and counter-arguing using emotions rather than actual facts or anecdotal evidence that's even relevant to what I was talking about in the first place.

Quote:
bro why the fk would you even bother with these people here?? if ure earning al ot with a family and what not why would u even browse this trash forum lol a bit kum gong sia u alr know only losers come this forum cry 24/7 about their life, u think real working people got time waste on here meh? im only a fresh grad i come here troll retards and laugh at the old dumbasses here crying
No one cares buddy, get a job first, work for a few years then come back and talk to me about "real working people".
Old 25-04-2022, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
It's not about being harsh or not, there's a difference between being "harsh" and full-blown using ad hominem attacks and counter-arguing using emotions rather than actual facts or anecdotal evidence that's even relevant to what I was talking about in the first place.

No one cares buddy, get a job first, work for a few years then come back and talk to me about "real working people".
Shut the fck up cunt. You’re probably a 40 year old fatty loser staying with his mom
Old 25-04-2022, 03:50 PM
williamwoodruff

Default The Buy Dissertation Online

My annual income is not very high, but I am very satisfied with my work. I work with the TheAcademicPapers.co.uk team, and here I feel very comfortable.
Old 25-04-2022, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

BS la. You sound like a jobless loser trying to BS in an anonymous public forum. If you are 40 with a job and kids you will hardly have the time to surf public forums. Nice try loser.