Lawyer Salary - Page 552 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5511 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lol

Yes. I still remember those years I hardly get any sleep during my first 5 years.

All I faced daily was getting scolded and butchered
Big 4? How bad is the scolding? I know some places don't scold



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5512 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes its normal to get scolded and belittled in this highly toxic industry

I wonder why has lawsoc / judiciary do anything about these mental abuses incidents after all these years.

we are really behind UK OZ in addressing such issues.
No breach of PCR?

Reply With Quote
  #5513 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

sure, if you are willing to lodge a complaint and provide evidence. the juniors in the industry will thank you

Reply With Quote
  #5514 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2020, 07:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sure, if you are willing to lodge a complaint and provide evidence. the juniors in the industry will thank you
Yeah i mean even in R&T there are scoldings no?
Reply With Quote
  #5515 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 12:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I hope some higher ups can take notice
how the seniors are creating these kind is toxic environment
Reply With Quote
  #5516 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 02:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hope some higher ups can take notice
how the seniors are creating these kind is toxic environment
This is what you get when you put some abused person in a position of power, creating a vicious cycle. Partner was scolded as a trainee/associate, so when he/she gets to a position of power he/she repeats the same on his junior. Partner scolds associate. Associate scolds trainee.

The only objective is to earn as much money as possible from your billables. We're all replaceable. When you say higher ups, given that this is quite rampant in this industry, what makes you think they haven't done the same to their own juniors?

I've heard from a senior lawyer of (big caveat, idk if true) associates being outright pushed and scolded in important places. There are also file throwers (a hybrid form of abuse). No one at the junior level is going to speak up. No senior is going to do it - why speak up against a peer when they have all clawed their way there? Some call it tough love/training, some call it abuse. But when violence is involved (not sure if getting verbally abused for 40 minutes is better), that's where the line is crossed.

Although, obviously, if you want your job you have to take the abuse if you speak up you're fired and unemployed because he's going to ruin your career for ruining his. Without concrete evidence, he/she will just deny it and ruin your future prospects.
Reply With Quote

  #5517 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 02:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hope some higher ups can take notice
how the seniors are creating these kind is toxic environment
Nope. Not going to happen. What's in it for them for being ethical? A bad reputation
Reply With Quote
  #5518 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 03:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Asking for friend...

A fresh hire was literally ridiculed by his upper-study during her first assignment. Got her face shouted at in front of the whole floor.

Reason? She simply highlighted that shes not familiar with preparing DCF spreadsheets for merger assumptions. Is this really part of a jobscope for first years fresh out of law school?
Reply With Quote
  #5519 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 03:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Asking for friend...

A fresh hire was literally ridiculed by his upper-study during her first assignment. Got her face shouted at in front of the whole floor.

Reason? She simply highlighted that shes not familiar with preparing DCF spreadsheets for merger assumptions. Is this really part of a jobscope for first years fresh out of law school?
Which firm is this? No. I don't do corporate. However, at any firm (barring a midsized firm that I won't name that exploits interns as cheap labour, no sleep) I have been in, (i) interns are treated well (ii) interns are not given heavy responsibilities, what more a first year.

This behaviour is quite unethical.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5520 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2020, 03:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which firm is this? No. I don't do corporate. However, at any firm (barring a midsized firm that I won't name that exploits interns as cheap labour, no sleep) I have been in, (i) interns are treated well (ii) interns are not given heavy responsibilities, what more a first year.

This behaviour is quite unethical.
Misread. Yes, then it's quite normal depending on where you're at. If you don't know sht as an associate they'll abuse you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,891 Replies, 1,005,785 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,045 Replies, 1,668,695 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,475 Replies, 462,422 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 157,125 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 7,206 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 91,283 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
762 Replies, 369,792 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 99,706 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 63,203 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,492 Replies, 2,754,261 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,142 Replies, 633,195 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,322 Replies, 2,802,467 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 142,307 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
508 Replies, 186,796 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 71,781 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,507 Replies, 5,325,223 Views
OCBC Bank
2 Replies, 146 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
627 Replies, 325,448 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,476 Replies, 687,532 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,296 Replies, 7,865,197 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
192 Replies, 74,116 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,446 Replies, 1,610,119 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 6,434 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
871 Replies, 267,385 Views
Mizuho Securities
0 Replies, 56 Views
Mizuho Financial Group
0 Replies, 51 Views
Jeppesen
0 Replies, 27 Views
Boeing
0 Replies, 34 Views
Vital Limited
0 Replies, 45 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office...
0 Replies, 106 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2