AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! - Page 94 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #931 (permalink)  
Old 30-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks. I am wondering whether it's possible to do any thing different fr ops or ops related. Quite tired of doing ops. Or it's difficult to make a career shift.
It is still possible to do non ops stuff but will be difficult after you have been in ops for close to 10 years. You will be fortunate to get into compliance.

Reply With Quote
  #932 (permalink)  
Old 30-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is still possible to do non ops stuff but will be difficult after you have been in ops for close to 10 years. You will be fortunate to get into compliance.
Hi i'm not the original poster but in a similar situation. I am in ops and keen on moving to compliance. Only difference is that I have been working in ops for close to a year now. Would it be as tough for me to make the switch?

While working in ops does not provide direct experience in compliance, would employers still view ops experience as a plus point? Also, would I have to start from scratch or as 2nd year analyst?

Reply With Quote
  #933 (permalink)  
Old 31-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i'm not the original poster but in a similar situation. I am in ops and keen on moving to compliance. Only difference is that I have been working in ops for close to a year now. Would it be as tough for me to make the switch?

While working in ops does not provide direct experience in compliance, would employers still view ops experience as a plus point? Also, would I have to start from scratch or as 2nd year analyst?
It will be easier to move since you are only in ops for close to a year. I do not think it will be a plus point as 1 year of experience is not significant enough. You probably have to start from scratch as compliance is a different area. But you have to ask yourself why the shift to compliance. Bear in mind that compliance requires alot of reading and handling documents. After a while it may become dry to you.

Reply With Quote
  #934 (permalink)  
Old 31-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It will be easier to move since you are only in ops for close to a year. I do not think it will be a plus point as 1 year of experience is not significant enough. You probably have to start from scratch as compliance is a different area. But you have to ask yourself why the shift to compliance. Bear in mind that compliance requires alot of reading and handling documents. After a while it may become dry to you.
II

I am aware of the nature of compliance work, and I am not entirely sure when I say this, but compliance does seem to have more potential in terms of advancement etc as compared to ops.

I am thinking of making the switch as I do not want to be pigeonholed to ops. If 1 year of experience in ops is not significant enough, would it be better to try for a lateral move after another year or 2?
Reply With Quote
  #935 (permalink)  
Old 31-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Have one year experience in private client tax compliance in Big four, possible to move to a CDD/KYC position?
Reply With Quote
  #936 (permalink)  
Old 31-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
II

I am aware of the nature of compliance work, and I am not entirely sure when I say this, but compliance does seem to have more potential in terms of advancement etc as compared to ops.

I am thinking of making the switch as I do not want to be pigeonholed to ops. If 1 year of experience in ops is not significant enough, would it be better to try for a lateral move after another year or 2?
I am saying if you want should just go for compliance now. 1 year of ops doesnt mean anything so might as well start afresh.
Reply With Quote

  #937 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is still possible to do non ops stuff but will be difficult after you have been in ops for close to 10 years. You will be fortunate to get into compliance.
I only have 1 year experience in compliance and majority in ops, is it still possible to stay in compliance if I move to other companies? What would be the selling point?
Reply With Quote
  #938 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default SURRENCY Naves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I only have 1 year experience in compliance and majority in ops, is it still possible to stay in compliance if I move to other companies? What would be the selling point?
I would suggest you build up your compliance experience before moving. It will be hard to convince an employer of your selling point with 1 year compliance experience.
Reply With Quote
  #939 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys,

i am considering whether to take ICA level 1 course. need all you experience ppl advice whether its really impt and necessary to take tis course to further advance in tis compliance path. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote
  #940 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all,

Does anyone know the approximate pay for this job?

s://jobs2.deloitte.com/sg/en/job/DELOA004X147874/Associate-Forensic-Advisory-1-Year-Contract

I have close to 3 year aml transaction monitoring experience


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MAS for Mid Career Professionals Soul Companies 444 Yesterday 11:06 PM
How to enter middle office (KYC, Compliance, Risk Management) in bank ? ZoOq Income and Jobs 17 04-10-2017 09:56 AM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,904 Replies, 2,411,134 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
986 Replies, 707,001 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
324 Replies, 32,915 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,848 Replies, 1,632,139 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 2,715 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 23,873 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
444 Replies, 247,557 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
714 Replies, 167,463 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
416 Replies, 292,108 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,905 Replies, 4,282,719 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,047 Replies, 1,275,256 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,464 Replies, 696,349 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 90,096 Views
[Help] What do you guys think of... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 3,060 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,038 Replies, 1,628,660 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 13,274 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,049 Replies, 1,127,345 Views
Earn your daiy Sgd5,000 from...
0 Replies, 54 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 99,535 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,255 Replies, 7,104,625 Views
Can I serve my notice and put my...
6 Replies, 16,163 Views
career dilemma in 30s ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 12,491 Views
Civil engineering pay
5 Replies, 1,598 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 113,083 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,465 Replies, 4,243,428 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 24,198 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,809 Replies, 2,371,325 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2