AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! - Page 93 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #921 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 28
BusinessSingapore is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've heard of senor Compliance heads earning up to $700k, don't know if it's true.
With the growing regulations compliance jobs now are very very hot. I wouldn't be surprised by a 700K paycheck.

Then again, its probably a FI MNC global/regional head kind of level.

Reply With Quote
  #922 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 28
BusinessSingapore is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristine View Post
Hi all, I'm currently in a Premier relationship manager role in a foreign bank. Had a short stint with the bank's remediation exercise, and coincidentally got offered a position as a KYC/Ops role for a specific market, Japan FI. Pretty decent offer, but it's with a outsourced company for a private bank. Essentially I'm moving from sales to ops role. Any opinion on this? And I'm new to my current role about 6 months, so this change could mean a small step towards the AML/Compliance scene. I prefer to do this as I'm tired of chasing the numbers, but at the same time I wonder about the prospects.
I think you already have the answer.

This sounds like a great opportunity for you to gain some experience into a new market. A market that has seen alot of traction in the past few years and since the regulations are going to stay, the job is going to be there.

It is also a very decent offer like you said, only drawback would be the contract would be with the outsourced company. Anyway anyhow promotions and title shouldn't be a great concern to you know as once you have your 2 years experience with the PB you could always make a jump up externally.

Reply With Quote
  #923 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 28
BusinessSingapore is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would AML experience gained in insurance/investment firms be considered relevant to an AML job in the banking industry? Most/all entry-level AML roles in banks require experience, considering doing AML in other industries to gain exp.
Highly likely, from what I know the requirements under MAS AML/counter terrorism applies the same across FIs. The difference only lies in the FIs platform and product offerings that might enable money laundering making the internal framework slightly different.

I also think that CMS licensed investment firms are very chill in their compliance, and insurance/banks would be much heavier. Your future employer might underscore your competency if that was the case.

Reply With Quote
  #924 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Tristine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessSingapore View Post
I think you already have the answer.

This sounds like a great opportunity for you to gain some experience into a new market. A market that has seen alot of traction in the past few years and since the regulations are going to stay, the job is going to be there.

It is also a very decent offer like you said, only drawback would be the contract would be with the outsourced company. Anyway anyhow promotions and title shouldn't be a great concern to you know as once you have your 2 years experience with the PB you could always make a jump up externally.
Thanks for the input. One of my concern is this, as this is a outsourced company. Plus job scope for this position is very much ops-based, like uploading of docs and answering queries from rm, review docs etc. Is there potential for progression?
Reply With Quote
  #925 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 28
BusinessSingapore is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristine View Post
Thanks for the input. One of my concern is this, as this is a outsourced company. Plus job scope for this position is very much ops-based, like uploading of docs and answering queries from rm, review docs etc. Is there potential for progression?
That is compliance what haha reading and reviewing docs for a start. There are certainly opportunities externally once you have shored up enough experience.
Reply With Quote
  #926 (permalink)  
Old 29-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi,
I have abt 9 yrs of experience in ops as a VP and 1 yr in compliance.
However the progression and exposure in compliance is limited as it is a small firm.
I would like to move on to other firms, preferably in compliance. Is it possible?
And how much should I be looking at?
Reply With Quote

  #927 (permalink)  
Old 29-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have abt 9 yrs of experience in ops as a VP and 1 yr in compliance.
However the progression and exposure in compliance is limited as it is a small firm.
I would like to move on to other firms, preferably in compliance. Is it possible?
And how much should I be looking at?
Possible depending on how your skills can be transferrable. Could you advise how is your pay range like and which area of compliance are you in and intend to enter?
Reply With Quote
  #928 (permalink)  
Old 29-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Possible depending on how your skills can be transferrable. Could you advise how is your pay range like and which area of compliance are you in and intend to enter?

Not more than 10k, is it still possible to stay in that range? I am doing onboarding and some regulatory stuff. Possible to move to other firms with this experience? Or what areas can I move to?
Reply With Quote
  #929 (permalink)  
Old 29-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would think you can move to onboarding with decent increment and stay within the range. It really depends on what ops you have been doing before. But for specific areas in compliance it will be harder. Compliance operations should be easier for you to enter.
Reply With Quote
  #930 (permalink)  
Old 30-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would think you can move to onboarding with decent increment and stay within the range. It really depends on what ops you have been doing before. But for specific areas in compliance it will be harder. Compliance operations should be easier for you to enter.
Thanks. I am wondering whether it's possible to do any thing different fr ops or ops related. Quite tired of doing ops. Or it's difficult to make a career shift.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MAS for Mid Career Professionals Soul Companies 1225 30-09-2022 12:49 AM
How to enter middle office (KYC, Compliance, Risk Management) in bank ? ZoOq Income and Jobs 17 04-10-2017 09:56 AM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,158 Replies, 3,150,615 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,143 Replies, 956,519 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,184 Replies, 2,888,613 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,047 Replies, 7,132,029 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
227 Replies, 106,257 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,279 Replies, 2,114,288 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,497 Replies, 725,750 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,939,893 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
563 Replies, 215,400 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
966 Replies, 658,902 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 253,293 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
730 Replies, 205,520 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 181,216 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,398 Replies, 1,169,944 Views
20% salary bump? ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 5,142 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 285,221 Views
RM Salaries and Commissions
0 Replies, 85 Views
What are some good non-fang tech... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 18,706 Views
Be a commodities trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
223 Replies, 216,398 Views
jobs at Tech companies
4 Replies, 3,240 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 114,029 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,685 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 110,612 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
560 Replies, 233,188 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 181,900 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,475 Replies, 2,533,554 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 143,478 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,844 Replies, 9,611,985 Views
Relationship manager / Personal... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 51,147 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 143,368 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2