Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Verified Member

BusinessSingapore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristine View Post
Hi all, I'm currently in a Premier relationship manager role in a foreign bank. Had a short stint with the bank's remediation exercise, and coincidentally got offered a position as a KYC/Ops role for a specific market, Japan FI. Pretty decent offer, but it's with a outsourced company for a private bank. Essentially I'm moving from sales to ops role. Any opinion on this? And I'm new to my current role about 6 months, so this change could mean a small step towards the AML/Compliance scene. I prefer to do this as I'm tired of chasing the numbers, but at the same time I wonder about the prospects.
I think you already have the answer.

This sounds like a great opportunity for you to gain some experience into a new market. A market that has seen alot of traction in the past few years and since the regulations are going to stay, the job is going to be there.

It is also a very decent offer like you said, only drawback would be the contract would be with the outsourced company. Anyway anyhow promotions and title shouldn't be a great concern to you know as once you have your 2 years experience with the PB you could always make a jump up externally.