AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! - Page 143 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1421 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2021, 03:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any one know how the culture in ifast and the salary for a fresh grad compliance executive?

Reply With Quote
  #1422 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 01:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm currently in a perm role at an asian bank.. Title is compliance officer but more like doing admin coordination work..

I received a 1 year contract kyc offer from a Top US IB WM giving me 30% increase in base pay..(Sal >5k, though of course my benefits are drastically reduced)..

I am tempted to accept the offer due to the high base pay, brand name, and of course I will get to learn more technical stuff in this BAU role.

Would like to ask nx time if I find a perm job, is it correct to say that the higher base pay from the contract job will help me alot in getting higher pay?

Reply With Quote
  #1423 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

does anyone know what the market rate for a central compliance / compliance generalist (non-AML) role in a bank would be for 4-5 years of relevant experience?

there seems to be much more information available for aml roles, and not so much on non-aml roles.

Reply With Quote
  #1424 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 05:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm currently in a perm role at an asian bank.. Title is compliance officer but more like doing admin coordination work..

I received a 1 year contract kyc offer from a Top US IB WM giving me 30% increase in base pay..(Sal >5k, though of course my benefits are drastically reduced)..

I am tempted to accept the offer due to the high base pay, brand name, and of course I will get to learn more technical stuff in this BAU role.

Would like to ask nx time if I find a perm job, is it correct to say that the higher base pay from the contract job will help me alot in getting higher pay?
Depends on budget. Pay is higher in contract due to the reduced benefits.

Just accept the offer if you think you will have more learning.

I have seen contract roles with 8 to 9K.
Reply With Quote
  #1425 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 05:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on budget. Pay is higher in contract due to the reduced benefits.

Just accept the offer if you think you will have more learning.

I have seen contract roles with 8 to 9K.
It depends on the experience and seniority. Contract role can be 4k to 10k.
Reply With Quote
  #1426 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 08:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear all,

I am a 29 year old. I just left my previous job of 4.5k salary to pursue a career back in the Banking (related to my degree) , fully knowing that I will suffer a huge pay cut.

I have great interest in AML. I have been spamming close to 100 resumes (AML, Compliance, KYC) to banks/ corporations for perm roles/ contract roles for 1 month.

None got back. Im really demoralised.

Can any professionals advise, which roles in the bank are easier for me to get a role in the middle office/ back office? I have no interest in sales (RM)

I am willing to fetch a pay of 2.5k

My background: 3 years of irrelevant work experience
Degree: Banking and Finance private uni

Thanks, please help a lost sheep out.
only 4.5k after 3 yrs? fresh grad alr getting this amt
Reply With Quote

  #1427 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
only 4.5k after 3 yrs? fresh grad alr getting this amt
So many entitled pricks here. 4.5k is not bad for 3 years exp. There are still a lot of my friends from local uni earning below that. Keep in mind this is entry level compliance role, I dont think it requires advanced degree nor specific skills to do the work. Hence 4.5k is justified
Reply With Quote
  #1428 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2021, 11:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Most people are just trolling here. Grab any local uni grad on the street and chances are 50% of them are probably earning lower than the median GES.

People tend to only respond when they are earning a high starting and some will even inflate their salary or round up when they submit their responses.
Reply With Quote
  #1429 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2021, 02:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jpmc / aml / kyc

Iím currently drawing around $4200 in a regional bank doing perm CDD/KYC work.

Abit of my background, I have stayed with this bank for more than 6 years, armed with local uni degree (hons) cert in Mathematics.

I started looking out for jobs recently as my pay has been quite stagnant since 2019.

After going for quite a few interviews, I settled for a 2-year contract offer from a foreign CIB as a KYC Analyst. They are giving me $5100. They told me that thisís a long term contract and after the contract has ended, many staff usually just renew the contract unless theyíre really CMI. It was even stated in the offer letter that ďAt the end of the contract, it will be renewable given the mutual agreement between the employer and the staff.Ē Notice period is 2 months if I want to resign.

Actually, that bank is my second choice as my aspiration is to join JPMC. However, the competition at JPMC is really stiff and I cannot even get past the first interview even when my friend had referred me for the role.

A few questions for the bros here,

1) Based on my description above, do you think that Iíve made a right choice in the move? From perm to contract.

2) Should I just settle for this bank and work hard to try to transfer to their perm position? Or should I just continue to try JPMC? Honestly, Iím really disheartened with JPMC even though Iíve put in so much effort to prepare for the interview and make use of all my connections to get the interview opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #1430 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2021, 08:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iím currently drawing around $4200 in a regional bank doing perm CDD/KYC work.

Abit of my background, I have stayed with this bank for more than 6 years, armed with local uni degree (hons) cert in Mathematics.

I started looking out for jobs recently as my pay has been quite stagnant since 2019.

After going for quite a few interviews, I settled for a 2-year contract offer from a foreign CIB as a KYC Analyst. They are giving me $5100. They told me that thisís a long term contract and after the contract has ended, many staff usually just renew the contract unless theyíre really CMI. It was even stated in the offer letter that ďAt the end of the contract, it will be renewable given the mutual agreement between the employer and the staff.Ē Notice period is 2 months if I want to resign.

Actually, that bank is my second choice as my aspiration is to join JPMC. However, the competition at JPMC is really stiff and I cannot even get past the first interview even when my friend had referred me for the role.

A few questions for the bros here,

1) Based on my description above, do you think that Iíve made a right choice in the move? From perm to contract.

2) Should I just settle for this bank and work hard to try to transfer to their perm position? Or should I just continue to try JPMC? Honestly, Iím really disheartened with JPMC even though Iíve put in so much effort to prepare for the interview and make use of all my connections to get the interview opportunity.
If you have no commitment(no property,car,family to support), just go for the contract job to maximise your earning power when you are young, whats there to think? I myself have also just moved from perm to contract.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MAS for Mid Career Professionals Soul Companies 440 22-07-2021 11:07 PM
How to enter middle office (KYC, Compliance, Risk Management) in bank ? ZoOq Income and Jobs 17 04-10-2017 09:56 AM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,852 Replies, 4,250,341 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,492 Replies, 1,314,938 Views
Paralegal Secretary ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 3,237 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
980 Replies, 701,830 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 22,706 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
710 Replies, 164,550 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 62,616 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,045 Replies, 1,118,537 Views
Banking Grades/Levels
1 Replies, 136 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
536 Replies, 413,396 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,791 Replies, 2,357,068 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,281 Replies, 514,281 Views
Records of ex-employees in...
1 Replies, 98 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
505 Replies, 230,403 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,818 Replies, 1,617,728 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,225 Replies, 7,077,233 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 13,988 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 22,287 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,227 Replies, 912,801 Views
Ranking of Primary Schools by...
0 Replies, 69 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 31,783 Views
Need a reality check: CS-related ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 1,860 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
283 Replies, 88,880 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
409 Replies, 287,822 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 89,115 Views
Career as Insurance Agent - HR are...
4 Replies, 1,931 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,360 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,885 Replies, 2,398,624 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2