Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 48 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Old 06-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

i thought that is true anywhere be it public or private sector.. every grade has a range and it is always overlapping.. someone hitting the cap of the lower grade can earn more den a fresh promotee to the higher grade..

Old 14-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Does anyone have a rough idea how long it will take for a candidate to be given a concrete offer from the point he/she enters the medical clearance stage?

Old 14-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does anyone have a rough idea how long it will take for a candidate to be given a concrete offer from the point he/she enters the medical clearance stage?
this one really depends on the organisation one. some even sign alr then go or medical appt...

Old 18-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown View Post
Is it really a must to spend 15 mins introducing yourself? I always thought the "Intro yourself/Tell me more about yourself" is like a mini appetizer before the main dish. If they are interested to know more about your job experience or academic background, they would definitely proceed to inquire you...My intro part is at most 5 sentences, giving them a generic idea of what I am currently doing, and what I do outside of work. I totally forgot about mentioning my academic qualifications, which I hope it does not matter too much since I am already in the work force.

My interview is long because the interviewers not only ask many questions, but they also talk ALOT about the position. It all boils down to the interviewers' style I think. I pray that it is a good sign, cos I doubt interviewers would want to share so much info if they did not see potential in you. They might as well chop chop end the interview and call in the next candidate so as not to waste their time.
One of my interview was similar to yours. The director asked me to introduce myself then I talked about my studies, current job experience and how they can be applied to the job position. The director was also interested in my projects and internship experience and kept asking me about it. However , she told me that the job position I have applied for is quite different in scope and I replied that I do not mind as I want a new challenge and like to gain as much experience as possible. I asked her 3 questions related to the job position and she gave long replies which lasted more than 10mins. Interview took about 30mins.

The HR staff ,who was with the director during interview ,told me that it will take several weeks to inform me about the outcome but I have not receive any rejection reply from them.It has been 2 months since the interview. I suspect they interviewed me just to take a break from work and to waste time(this explains the long replies). I was just there to make up the numbers.

So long interviews might be a bad thing since directors may share infomation with you just to waste time.
Old 19-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I called the HR 4 weeks after the interview. HR said pending management approval. Called HR again after 8 weeks. HR still tell me management hasn't approve and said that she will get the hiring department to call me back. I just wonder why the HR cannot give me an answer herself as she is part of the interview panel.

At least the HR inform u verbally that u are shortlisted.
I always wonder what is so difficult about sending a rejection reply. I rather they send a rejection email 1 week after interview then not updating us on our status. At least we can move on in peace.
Old 20-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Huge backlog of orders means COE likely to stay high: Analysts

By Xue Jianyue, TODAY
17 Apr 2015 07:18
URL: ://w w w.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/huge-backlog-of-orders/1789898.html

TODAY reports: Any drop in premiums is likely to be marginal in future bidding exercises, analysts and motor dealers say.

SINGAPORE: Despite the sharp rise in the COE quota for the next three months, those holding out for a reprieve from rising COE premiums are likely to be disappointed.

Any drop in premiums is likely to be marginal in future bidding exercises, analysts and motor dealers told TODAY.

A huge backlog of orders — many from owners of deregistered cars waiting for COE premiums to fall — will keep premiums high, said motor dealers, pointing to the large number of bids made by the end of the latest bidding exercise last week.

For example, more than 2,340 bids were made for only 988 small-car certificates, said Singapore Vehicle Traders Association (SVTA) honorary secretary Raymond Tang.

“There is still a lot of backlog in the market,” he said. “You have more than 14,000 COEs, but it is still not enough.”

Indeed, COE premiums have continued to climb despite the sizeable COE quota for February to April. The quota was the largest since last February until the latest crop announced on Thursday. Increases across the board were seen in the latest bidding exercise, with Open Category premiums at a 12-month high of S$78,000.

Customers are also rushing to buy vehicles before more stringent conditions kick in through rebates and surcharges under the Carbon Emissions-Based Vehicle Scheme (CEVS) on Jul 1, said CarTimes’ managing director Eddie Loo and SVTA president Neo Tiam Ting.

The CEVS is aimed at encouraging the purchase of low-carbon-emission vehicles. The carbon-dioxide limits will be lowered with the revision, which could mean rebate cuts or surcharge hikes.

“A lot are rushing in to register in order to get the higher rebate, and because of that, the actual drop in premiums will not be much,” said Mr Neo.

Currently, COE quotas are determined by the allowed annual vehicle growth rate of 0.25 per cent, the number of vehicle deregistrations, adjustments for changes in the taxi population, replacement of commercial vehicles under the Early Turnover Scheme and expired COEs.

Vehicle deregistrations make up the bulk of supply.

With many buyers unaware of these reasons and rushing in to bid, they contribute to the high premiums they are hoping to avoid, said National University of Singapore transport analyst Lee Der Horng.

The link between COE quota numbers and deregistration will cause fluctuations in the market when deregistration numbers fall around 2019, a situation which is “not healthy” for motor dealers and customers, he said.

“Consumers may face greater uncertainty in COE premiums. Dealers will need to adjust business operations to accommodate this increased demand. After a few years, they will need to slim down. What they want to have is a stable COE supply,” said Professor Lee.

Although the increase in COEs presents dealers with increased sales opportunities, dealers said they were mindful of pushing sales too aggressively with steep discounts.

“No point selling and not being able to deliver the car. It doesn’t look good on the car agent,” said Mr Loo.

Old 30-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
this one really depends on the organisation one. some even sign alr then go or medical appt...
If offer letter is signed then went for medical appt, will there be a possibility for them to revoke the offer?
Old 30-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If offer letter is signed then went for medical appt, will there be a possibility for them to revoke the offer?
Yes. Your hr nvr go through the employment contract with you when you sign?
Old 30-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes. Your hr nvr go through the employment contract with you when you sign?
HR said if medical checkup failed. Apart from medical checkup, are there any cases of revoke?
Old 30-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
HR said if medical checkup failed. Apart from medical checkup, are there any cases of revoke?
don't you have a copy of the contract you signed? I believe the relevant information are inside.