Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown View Post
Is it really a must to spend 15 mins introducing yourself? I always thought the "Intro yourself/Tell me more about yourself" is like a mini appetizer before the main dish. If they are interested to know more about your job experience or academic background, they would definitely proceed to inquire you...My intro part is at most 5 sentences, giving them a generic idea of what I am currently doing, and what I do outside of work. I totally forgot about mentioning my academic qualifications, which I hope it does not matter too much since I am already in the work force.

My interview is long because the interviewers not only ask many questions, but they also talk ALOT about the position. It all boils down to the interviewers' style I think. I pray that it is a good sign, cos I doubt interviewers would want to share so much info if they did not see potential in you. They might as well chop chop end the interview and call in the next candidate so as not to waste their time.
One of my interview was similar to yours. The director asked me to introduce myself then I talked about my studies, current job experience and how they can be applied to the job position. The director was also interested in my projects and internship experience and kept asking me about it. However , she told me that the job position I have applied for is quite different in scope and I replied that I do not mind as I want a new challenge and like to gain as much experience as possible. I asked her 3 questions related to the job position and she gave long replies which lasted more than 10mins. Interview took about 30mins.

The HR staff ,who was with the director during interview ,told me that it will take several weeks to inform me about the outcome but I have not receive any rejection reply from them.It has been 2 months since the interview. I suspect they interviewed me just to take a break from work and to waste time(this explains the long replies). I was just there to make up the numbers.

So long interviews might be a bad thing since directors may share infomation with you just to waste time.