Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 292 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2911 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2021, 11:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I was informed by HR via email in late Jan that my application was successful and they asked for reference check and previous employment details to work on salary package.

After two weeks, HR requested for additional info and was told to get back on the appointment asap. Last I checked in late Feb, they mentioned due to unforseen reason there is a delay in the appointment process. Will target to get back asap.

Till now, I have yet to hear from them about offer. So does it mean my application is unsuccessful or I'm not their top choice? Should I continue to wait?
i think u can call if it has been 2 weeks or more. that was what I did

Reply With Quote
  #2912 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2021, 12:31 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 222
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I was informed by HR via email in late Jan that my application was successful and they asked for reference check and previous employment details to work on salary package.

After two weeks, HR requested for additional info and was told to get back on the appointment asap. Last I checked in late Feb, they mentioned due to unforseen reason there is a delay in the appointment process. Will target to get back asap.

Till now, I have yet to hear from them about offer. So does it mean my application is unsuccessful or I'm not their top choice? Should I continue to wait?
No news is bad news

Reply With Quote
  #2913 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2021, 03:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I was informed by HR via email in late Jan that my application was successful and they asked for reference check and previous employment details to work on salary package.

After two weeks, HR requested for additional info and was told to get back on the appointment asap. Last I checked in late Feb, they mentioned due to unforseen reason there is a delay in the appointment process. Will target to get back asap.

Till now, I have yet to hear from them about offer. So does it mean my application is unsuccessful or I'm not their top choice? Should I continue to wait?
what was the unforeseen reason mentioned? got specify?

Reply With Quote
  #2914 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2021, 11:45 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
rmfadh is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think u can call if it has been 2 weeks or more. that was what I did
So did you get the job when you called them up?
Reply With Quote
  #2915 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2021, 02:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what was the unforeseen reason mentioned? got specify?
Nope never mention. Just the usual reply to get back to me asap on the appointment.

I guess I did not manage to secure the job. Anyway, will drop an email again to check on the status.
Reply With Quote
  #2916 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2021, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone applied for Patent Examiner post at IPOS and got notified of interview yet?
Reply With Quote

  #2917 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope never mention. Just the usual reply to get back to me asap on the appointment.

I guess I did not manage to secure the job. Anyway, will drop an email again to check on the status.
I see.. try not worry so much and apply other jobs in the meantime.

Please update on the outcome if it arrives!


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2918 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2021, 12:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfadh View Post
So did you get the job when you called them up?
yes i did. now waiting to start soon. i think during this period they are pretty busy

perhaps you can ask them what's the issue?
Reply With Quote
  #2919 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2021, 02:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How long does LTA takes to inform us of second interview?

I had the informal interview and was told to wait 3-4weeks if I am shortlisted.

I also had an interview at a ministry, the HR told me will get back to me in 1-2 weeks time. But this is directly a panel interview with the director and DD.


Lastly, if an offer is given, what is the typical timeline thereafter? Reason is I want to get out of my current workplace because there is really no more growth for me here. I am still holding a diploma job with a degree here.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2920 (permalink)  
Old 20-03-2021, 10:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How long does LTA takes to inform us of second interview?

I had the informal interview and was told to wait 3-4weeks if I am shortlisted.

I also had an interview at a ministry, the HR told me will get back to me in 1-2 weeks time. But this is directly a panel interview with the director and DD.


Lastly, if an offer is given, what is the typical timeline thereafter? Reason is I want to get out of my current workplace because there is really no more growth for me here. I am still holding a diploma job with a degree here.
Usually within 1 to 2 wks after the informal interview
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 12 18-04-2024 09:11 PM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,087 Replies, 5,284,641 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,867 Replies, 1,619,830 Views
Insights on Post-interview Process
6 Replies, 4,157 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,490 Replies, 2,482,935 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,864 Replies, 1,548,923 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 164,061 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,317 Replies, 671,137 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,423 Replies, 7,000,524 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024
8 Replies, 289 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,271 Replies, 10,644,544 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
775 Replies, 451,376 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,189 Replies, 1,126,306 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,887 Replies, 1,498,510 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
342 Replies, 391,355 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,480 Replies, 3,546,170 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
893 Replies, 423,275 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,830 Replies, 2,472,829 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,478 Replies, 12,755,206 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,231 Replies, 3,889,509 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,601 Replies, 1,439,293 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
429 Replies, 515,729 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,983 Replies, 4,815,901 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
473 Replies, 641,237 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 262,078 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,372 Replies, 1,194,666 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 235,823 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
834 Replies, 443,362 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
189 Replies, 323,225 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
939 Replies, 548,089 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2