Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 245 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2441 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I went recently. Just business shirt. No tie

I usually do not wear tie unless its for a management level/senior position

Reply With Quote
  #2442 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 09:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

May I have a understanding typically how long does Stat Board (MHA) take to do their internal clearance after they have called to verbally confirm?

Reply With Quote
  #2443 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 11:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I have a understanding typically how long does Stat Board (MHA) take to do their internal clearance after they have called to verbally confirm?
maybe 2-3 months, you can ask the HR to check.

How long after your 2nd interview did they call to verbally confirm? Did they tell you your pay package as well?

Reply With Quote
  #2444 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 03:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just sharing to all.

Unless you are currently unemployed or desperate to enter into civil service, you should not apply anything that offers contract that is less than 1 year, especially those 9 and 11 months that you see in [email protected] as contract terms will be different from those with one year and above. No AWS, PB, VB, no increment, no other benefits. Do not even expect pro-ration.
Reply With Quote
  #2445 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Those sg united position also NO CPF.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just sharing to all.

Unless you are currently unemployed or desperate to enter into civil service, you should not apply anything that offers contract that is less than 1 year, especially those 9 and 11 months that you see in [email protected] as contract terms will be different from those with one year and above. No AWS, PB, VB, no increment, no other benefits. Do not even expect pro-ration.
Reply With Quote
  #2446 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those sg united position also NO CPF.
are you referring to those traineeships? sgunited jobs pay cpf
Reply With Quote

  #2447 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
maybe 2-3 months, you can ask the HR to check.

How long after your 2nd interview did they call to verbally confirm? Did they tell you your pay package as well?
Am also interested to find out about this as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2448 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 06:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are you referring to those traineeships? sgunited jobs pay cpf
Traineeships not mandatory for CPF or tax liability.

Basically, treat like an intern.
Reply With Quote
  #2449 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2020, 11:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I feel like I was thrown for a emotional roller-coaster

In a course of 1.5 month since last interview.
2 rejection letter.

Rejection letter. [email protected] change.
A few days later email again say its a glitch. Say its still processing.

Hello my heart cannot take it.
Playing me
Reply With Quote
  #2450 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I feel like I was thrown for a emotional roller-coaster

In a course of 1.5 month since last interview.
2 rejection letter.

Rejection letter. [email protected] change.
A few days later email again say its a glitch. Say its still processing.

Hello my heart cannot take it.
Playing me
Hang in there! At least they clarified it is still being processed so still got chance!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,694 Replies, 4,354,067 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 274,821 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,662 Replies, 1,279,627 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
4 Replies, 279 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
626 Replies, 98,760 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,583 Replies, 7,344,431 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,705 Replies, 4,610,393 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 22,578 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 119,318 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,005 Replies, 2,501,181 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
472 Replies, 272,559 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,517 Replies, 731,871 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 3,594 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,062 Replies, 2,523,824 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,848 Replies, 608,428 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,011 Replies, 521,661 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,749,329 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 134,119 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,526 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 100,167 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 140,053 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,547 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,750 Replies, 1,411,231 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,752 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 572,961 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,792 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,346 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 222,330 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 370,113 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 199,090 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2