Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Micron starting pay

Old 29-03-2022, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh... Then depends on what role u got from Micron. They are having mass hiring these days so it's very ez to get in this yr. Similar to automotive like Continental are also having many openings now.
The reason I dun recommend semicon is that all SG fabs no matter Micron or GF is like slave for US R&D... U are instructed by them and what u need to do is just follow their design/recipe.
didn't we mostly agree singtel ftw?

Old 29-03-2022, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh... Then depends on what role u got from Micron. They are having mass hiring these days so it's very ez to get in this yr. Similar to automotive like Continental are also having many openings now.
The reason I dun recommend semicon is that all SG fabs no matter Micron or GF is like slave for US R&D... U are instructed by them and what u need to do is just follow their design/recipe.
I don't understand why are there people comparing SMEs like micron and continental to MNCs like Singtel and ST? Singtel FTW already, what is there to talk about?

Old 29-03-2022, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't understand why are there people comparing SMEs like micron and continental to MNCs like Singtel and ST? Singtel FTW already, what is there to talk about?
you're kidding right...

Old 30-03-2022, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I bet these pro micron campers also think they can drive in Germany. They never heard about Germany being a right hand drive country different from Singapore.
Old 30-03-2022, 01:39 PM
New here

Hi all, I happen to chance upon this forum/thread whole randomly googling "Micron". Just a brief intro of myself, I am in Micron Fab10 since 2013 upon graduation from NUS with a third class honours. The earlier posts on this thread about 3k starting pay with less than a year old bonus (excluding AWS) is true. I joined getting 3k. micron operating at lost every quarter back then and working in very stressful environment is also true.

But things changed after the new CEO Sanjay Mehrotra came onboard. This guy is super good! He brought in a whole team of executives, driving the correct business strategy to capture high value market sector, pushing new technology development while appointing the new CPO (chief people officer) April Arnzen to focus on improving the company's image, working culture, environment, benefits etc. So many things have improved over the years.

Today, Micron has taken over the technology lead from Samsung, introducing the industry's first 1-alpha DRAM and 176-layer NAND. I can assure you guys that you will be hearing more news about Micron extending the technology lead in the coming months.

Being a high-tech technology firm, Micron invests heavily in operation optimisation. We adopt AI and smart manufacturing to constantly minimise manual work, focusing on productivity. As a result, Micron managed to join the WEF Global Lighthouse Network in 2020. The use of technology helps to simply and eliminate many mundane task like data crunching via the use of very well-designed dashboard for very convenient data representation. It allows much easier problem diagnostics as well. This allows our work to be done is a much easier and effective way, which translates to much lower stress than before.

Micron Singapore managed to stay in the stop 10 Great Place To Work since the program's inception in 2019. We improved our ranking from 9 in 2019 to the current 6 in 2021. Yes, Micron is essentially a manufacturing company, producing high end memory chips, but can you imagine a manufacturing being in the top 10 GPTW list, edging out even those big names in the Tech service industries? We are ranked top amongst all semicon companies in Singapore.

Micron highly appreciate talents and view human capital as a valuable asset to the company. The REACH conversation program facilitates supervisory by providing systematic performance goal setting and devise development plans for team members to be successful. There is also the "Micron University", which is in essence the main e-learning platform that provides inhouse courses ranging from technical to soft skills available for team members to enroll for free!

Micron has a very forgiving culture. When mistakes happen, our investigations focus mainly on any system or process gaps that allows us to work in, to prevent repeats instead of finger pointing. we do not believe in "flip table, bang door, shou vulgarities" kind of culture. Everybody here is civilized. Micron is also a unionised company that strongly encourage team members to join union. Being in a managerial position, I have witness how difficult it is, to punish team members. The HR has various programs for supervisors to communicate with team member to guide them towards improvement.

Micron also has many internal programs called employee resource groups (ERG), something like a CCA that allows team members to join to for a community with certain interest. Some example of our ERGs are "Micron Women Leadership Network", "Young Micron Professionals".

In terms of work life balance, we are currently piloting a "Flexible work arrangement" that allows team member to have one day work from home per week. We will be studying the results of this pilot to further enhance in the subsequent phase.

Here comes the compensation, the executives have shared that with effect from 1 May, new fresh grad hires will be getting a flat rate of 5k. First class honours will be given additional SGD10k worth of stocks.
I have more to type, but I think that's enough. Feel free to Google what I wrote regarding the CEO, the WEF lighthouse, great place to work etc. These are all public information.

Lastly, semicon manufacturing is not dying in Singapore. In fact, we have been expanding non-stop since I joined Micron in 2013. If you ready the news, global foundries is building a new fab in SG, UMC has recently announced to build a second fab in SG. ASML just opened a new production plant in SG and has committed to expand further in SG. I expect to hear more of such semicon expansion news in SG in the coming months or even years. With the world entering a digital era that heavily relies on 5G, AI, electric vehicles, satellite application, cloud/data center etc, we are now just at the beginning of the digital revolution. Demand for semicon is assured of the next 5-10 years in a conservative sense.
Old 30-03-2022, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I bet these pro micron campers also think they can drive in Germany. They never heard about Germany being a right hand drive country different from Singapore.
Yes, I love Micron, Micron love me

Old 30-03-2022, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Isnt Micron a ceca company? “Runs away from this thread”
Old 30-03-2022, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Isnt Micron a ceca company? “Runs away from this thread”
Should embrace the culture!!
Old 30-03-2022, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Should embrace the culture!!
Why should I short change myself by having to deal with competition?
Old 30-03-2022, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why should I short change myself by having to deal with competition?
silly you. there are not the competition. you are their baggage.