Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Micron starting pay

Old 26-02-2022, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNC Bloke View Post
Dumb comparison thread again?

If you prefer a job that lays everything out for you, promote when it is time, increment when it is time, stick to one company for life then join singtel. Good for those who cannot survive global competition. So if you belong to this category of people, Singtel wins hands down for you.

Micron is a global listed MNC that don't award rewards for no good reason. You have to deliver and show results. All those who keep saying Micron don't pay as well or whatever are just those who cannot do well. You join Micron to give your profile some boost. Work for 2 to 3 years, with some increment, move to another company like Infineon or Lams research with a 20% pay jump and role promotion. Another 2 to 3 years later, with some more increment, move to another company like WD or Seagate with another 20% pay jump. Another 2 to 3 years later, with another some more increment, move to another company like Aptiv or Continental which is in another industry with related products with another 20% pay jump and a higher role. By then you got about 10 years under your belt at least staff engineer or manager position, with some professional certificates like 6 sigma or PMP, your pay will be pretty decent. If you want to have a comparison of the salary, go and check official stats, don't read from hearsay from forums who boast about 10K 20K per month sort of BS. If you get 12K a month, with AWS and 1 month bonus you make 168K and that puts you in the top 9% of Singapore income bracket excluding the probably 50% population who don't pay income tax. Suddenly you realize the top 9% of residents in Singapore are in this forum??? Use you brain all you simpletons!!

Semicon dying?? Another dumb analysis. Those halfwits don't know that COVID accelerated Semicon growth. Forgot about the chip crunch?? Semicon is thriving, changes are coming, just that the move to SSD is fast, storage to cloud. And semicon is not just about semicon, Lithium, Copper and Silion mining are driven along with it. With them, supply chains, legal, quality, engineering gets boosted. And if Computer science thrives, they need semicon to help push it as they demand more and more memory, data transferrable, technology keeps upgrading. Nowadays, smart travelling, automotives, aerospace, medical, telecommunication industries are pushing on to the AI industry. Keep your eyes global, not some singapore village. Only short sighted idiots care about prospects in Singapore only. We are already global.

Tech companies are good, yeah, they pay well. But they need semicon to survive too. And if I want to join a tech company, I will choose Google, Nvidia, Cisco, MS. Why the hell do I want to downgrade and join Singtel?

For goodness sake, use your brains...
lol but will google, nvidia, etc choose you? you talk so much about singtel sucking but the reality is that anyone in tech, if offered a good enough pay will join whatever company.

no one cares about company name in tech lol thats incredibly stupid.

go cry about company name while fresh grads are joining crypto start-ups and getting salaries that you will never reach.

Old 27-02-2022, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

If you prefer a job that lays everything out for you, promote when it is time, increment when it is time, stick to one company for life then join singtel. Good for those who cannot survive global competition. So if you belong to this category of people, Singtel wins hands down for you.

Micron is a global listed MNC that don't award rewards for no good reason. You have to deliver and show results. All those who keep saying Micron don't pay as well or whatever are just those who cannot do well. You join Micron to give your profile some boost. Work for 2 to 3 years, with some increment, move to another company like Infineon or Lams research with a 20% pay jump and role promotion. Another 2 to 3 years later, with some more increment, move to another company like WD or Seagate with another 20% pay jump. Another 2 to 3 years later, with another some more increment, move to another company like Aptiv or Continental which is in another industry with related products with another 20% pay jump and a higher role. By then you got about 10 years under your belt at least staff engineer or manager position, with some professional certificates like 6 sigma or PMP, your pay will be pretty decent. If you want to have a comparison of the salary, go and check official stats, don't read from hearsay from forums who boast about 10K 20K per month sort of BS. If you get 12K a month, with AWS and 1 month bonus you make 168K and that puts you in the top 9% of Singapore income bracket excluding the probably 50% population who don't pay income tax. Suddenly you realize the top 9% of residents in Singapore are in this forum??? Use you brain all you simpletons!!

Semicon dying?? Another dumb analysis. Those halfwits don't know that COVID accelerated Semicon growth. Forgot about the chip crunch?? Semicon is thriving, changes are coming, just that the move to SSD is fast, storage to cloud. And semicon is not just about semicon, Lithium, Copper and Silion mining are driven along with it. With them, supply chains, legal, quality, engineering gets boosted. And if Computer science thrives, they need semicon to help push it as they demand more and more memory, data transferrable, technology keeps upgrading. Nowadays, smart travelling, automotives, aerospace, medical, telecommunication industries are pushing on to the AI industry. Keep your eyes global, not some singapore village. Only short sighted idiots care about prospects in Singapore only. We are already global.

Tech companies are good, yeah, they pay well. But they need semicon to survive too. And if I want to join a tech company, I will choose Google, Nvidia, Cisco, MS. Why the hell do I want to downgrade and join Singtel?

And if I want to join a tech company, I will choose Intel, Nvidia, Cisco, Broadcom, Qualcomm, TI or TSMC. Why the hell do I want to downgrade and join Micron?

Old 27-02-2022, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow... finally one sensible post after so many crap from pro singtel people.
And if I want to join a tech company, I will choose Intel, Nvidia, Cisco, Broadcom, Qualcomm, TI or TSMC. Why the hell do I want to downgrade and join Micron?

Old 27-02-2022, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

*join semicon company
Old 27-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Hard truths. I bet there will be pro GLC campers saying anything to denounce this ugly truth.
Old 27-02-2022, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hard truths. I bet there will be pro GLC campers saying anything to denounce this ugly truth.
Which telco network are u using to camp in this thread. hard truths.

Old 27-02-2022, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Wtf oh? Turning this thread into semicron vs telcron?
Old 27-02-2022, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Wtf oh? Turning this thread into semicron vs telcron?
Stfu you have omnicron
Old 27-02-2022, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm in supply chain and I support big tech like Nvidea, Cisco, network companies like Juniper too. I also serve VAG, PSA and Fiat group in the automotive industry and satellite companies affliated to them. I see the increase in demand on chips and electronic parts that we trace to the various semicon players like Vanguard, Micron, Qualcomm, even Murata is also in the cupply chain. Basically, everyone benefits from the surge in demand. Tech companies are collaborating with aerospace, telecommunications, storage, automotive, medical industries so the demand for various kinds of chips, PCBA, electronic parts, connector parts, cabling.

So I completely agree your pov without taking part in the spillover from the other thread about singtel vs micron and if I recall correctly, I hope the absurdity raised by some that Singaporeans cannot drive in Europe doesn't get repeated here.
Old 28-02-2022, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

no doubt singtel is still the better choice