Career as Teacher - Page 132 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1311 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Would like to know how many months we will receive according to our grade
C: 1.25-175?
C+: ?
B: ?
A: ?

Reply With Quote
  #1312 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Schools have flexibility to vary it (Ī0.25 I guess), but from what I've seen...

C: 1.5
C+: 2.0
B: 2.5
A: Never seen before; possibly 3.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would like to know how many months we will receive according to our grade
C: 1.25-175?
C+: ?
B: ?
A: ?


Reply With Quote
  #1313 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
schools have flexibility to vary it (Ī0.25 i guess), but from what i've seen...

C: 1.5
c+: 2.0
b: 2.5
a: Never seen before; possibly 3.0?
c: 1.5
c+: 2.0
b: 2.25 - 2.5
a: 3

Reply With Quote
  #1314 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
c: 1.5
c+: 2.0
b: 2.25 - 2.5
a: 3
B can be 2.75
So I am thinking A can be 3.25 too.
Reply With Quote
  #1315 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

c: 1.5
c+: 2.0-2.2
b: 2.25 - 2.5
a: 3

Personally got a C+ with 2.1 and 2.2 before
Reply With Quote
  #1316 (permalink)  
Old 13-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Promotion Announcement

Anyone received any info about promotion for this year?
Reply With Quote

  #1317 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2019, 01:51 AM
Puzzled
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Appreciate your help here!

Hi! I am still an undergraduate in my final year (business) but I have recently applied for the PGDE program with MOE. I was shortlisted for an interview for the upcoming Dec 2019 batch. This may seem a little far fetched but I do have many queries and would appreciate if any of you can answer them.

If I opt not to be bonded by moe, what are my chances of being enrolled into NIE?

I am wondering how life is like during and after PGDE. I have friends who is released from school at 1pm during the contract teaching period and need not deal with much admin work. Will that stay throughout the entire contract period or will workload pile up?

I was offered to teach English and Mathematics in primary school. Will all teachers be teaching both subjects assigned? Do I get to choose which level to teach (lower / upper Primary)?

Is there an opportunity to teach other subjects say, Science, or move up to secondary level in future? Will i need to continue my studies then?

Is it compulsory for teachers to take on CCA and / or event planning for the school?

Is there any difference between teaching in school and at a tuition centre? Iíve taught in a tuition centre before and because the class size are not as big as those in schools, it is manageable. Will bigger class size pose as a hindrance? I thought class sizes might be smaller now due to lower birth rate and etc.

What about moonlighting? The most recent article was published in 2013 where teachers are not allowed to moonlight for more than 6 hours. Does that still stand or has it changed?

What has changed for teachers since MOE has removed examinations for P1 and 2 students, P3 and P5 mid year exams, together with a more lax scoring system for PSLE students?
Reply With Quote
  #1318 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Promotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone received any info about promotion for this year?
Hi, anyone heard anything?
Reply With Quote
  #1319 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzled View Post
Hi! I am still an undergraduate in my final year (business) but I have recently applied for the PGDE program with MOE. I was shortlisted for an interview for the upcoming Dec 2019 batch. This may seem a little far fetched but I do have many queries and would appreciate if any of you can answer them.

If I opt not to be bonded by moe, what are my chances of being enrolled into NIE?

I am wondering how life is like during and after PGDE. I have friends who is released from school at 1pm during the contract teaching period and need not deal with much admin work. Will that stay throughout the entire contract period or will workload pile up?

I was offered to teach English and Mathematics in primary school. Will all teachers be teaching both subjects assigned? Do I get to choose which level to teach (lower / upper Primary)?

Is there an opportunity to teach other subjects say, Science, or move up to secondary level in future? Will i need to continue my studies then?

Is it compulsory for teachers to take on CCA and / or event planning for the school?

Is there any difference between teaching in school and at a tuition centre? Iíve taught in a tuition centre before and because the class size are not as big as those in schools, it is manageable. Will bigger class size pose as a hindrance? I thought class sizes might be smaller now due to lower birth rate and etc.

What about moonlighting? The most recent article was published in 2013 where teachers are not allowed to moonlight for more than 6 hours. Does that still stand or has it changed?

What has changed for teachers since MOE has removed examinations for P1 and 2 students, P3 and P5 mid year exams, together with a more lax scoring system for PSLE students?
Lol, i definitely would not want someone like you as a teacher. Thinking of moonlighting even before you start your "career" Its pretty obvious that you are thinking of the pgde to supplement your tuition. As a teacher, I feel pretty insulted. All the best.
Reply With Quote
  #1320 (permalink)  
Old 24-02-2019, 12:08 AM
Puzzled
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol, i definitely would not want someone like you as a teacher. Thinking of moonlighting even before you start your "career" Its pretty obvious that you are thinking of the pgde to supplement your tuition. As a teacher, I feel pretty insulted. All the best.
Thatís not a way to put it. Why donít you look at it from a different perspective?
They have been my students for a long time and I will definitely want to continue with the relationship and help them out. Being a teacher helps me to improve in my teaching and of course, teach the students better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
SIA AO grades ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 4,058 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 116,474 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,246 Replies, 1,406,429 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,761 Replies, 4,459,438 Views
Who determines CEP
5 Replies, 881 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,048 Replies, 763,915 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
100 Replies, 48,576 Views
SIA executive role
6 Replies, 1,122 Views
Fresh degree grad salary... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 5,533 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,967 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 2,766 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,450 Replies, 378,400 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,583 Replies, 1,069,362 Views
Which market should I trade in?
3 Replies, 2,903 Views
You Can Buy Happiness
3 Replies, 1,955 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 20,133 Views
OCBC Bank Teller Salary and...
2 Replies, 189 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,243 Replies, 604,337 Views
Fail to start work given by...
0 Replies, 208 Views
Migration to Canada
0 Replies, 155 Views
Recession Coming ? IBM just...
2 Replies, 569 Views
Job sg come see & ask
2 Replies, 274 Views
Sla ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 14,111 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,193 Replies, 1,479,435 Views
Blue Orange Pte Ltd / superstar...
4 Replies, 216 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,295 Replies, 452,882 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2