MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 236 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2351 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for 3 communications roles. External and internal communications. I forgot the last one. What about you?
i applied for HR roles but when went for PT they put my 2nd choice instead. But since they ask you to indicate new choices, i think it means that you have pass the PT and now only awaiting hiring manager's interview. Then what 3 new choices did you indicate?

Reply With Quote
  #2352 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

what are the prospects for working in MINDEF?

such kind of specialist job, exit options also very limited if the work is too specialised and secretive?

Reply With Quote
  #2353 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Site Visit

Wondering by which way will they inform you that you are selected for site visit. Email or message?

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote
  #2354 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wondering by which way will they inform you that you are selected for site visit. Email or message?

Thanks in advance!
The unitís Manpower/S1 should call you directly.
Reply With Quote
  #2355 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The unitís Manpower/S1 should call you directly.
Thank you for the reply! Was also wondering what is the difference between working in HQ and in camp. Is it going to be tougher in camps as the work hours might not be as balanced as in HQ ?
Reply With Quote
  #2356 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 10:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you for the reply! Was also wondering what is the difference between working in HQ and in camp. Is it going to be tougher in camps as the work hours might not be as balanced as in HQ ?
I think it is more role dependent. HQ like policy works can also be long-hours.

I think some roles leave more on time than others.

what are you applying for, perhaps we can try to debunk it. haha!
Reply With Quote

  #2357 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think it is more role dependent. HQ like policy works can also be long-hours.

I think some roles leave more on time than others.

what are you applying for, perhaps we can try to debunk it. haha!
Thank you for being so helpful! Was looking at a logistics position in camp.
Reply With Quote
  #2358 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2019, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you for being so helpful! Was looking at a logistics position in camp.
I think logistic (i assume your role includes you managing external logistics rather than S4 logistics) then that i would expect pretty much standardised hours and possibly pockets of additional work hrs here and there to make sure that contractors get their job done by the end of the day too?

Mostly camp people (regulars and dxo) would hv standardised days too so i think overall should follow working hours, and maybe some urgent calls here and there after work hours?

Sometimes camp is good because other camp ppl go home on time. I think HQ has more high flyers working OTs, so maybe they could be demanding to some extent too!!

All the best btw!
Reply With Quote
  #2359 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2019, 07:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think logistic (i assume your role includes you managing external logistics rather than S4 logistics) then that i would expect pretty much standardised hours and possibly pockets of additional work hrs here and there to make sure that contractors get their job done by the end of the day too?

Mostly camp people (regulars and dxo) would hv standardised days too so i think overall should follow working hours, and maybe some urgent calls here and there after work hours?

Sometimes camp is good because other camp ppl go home on time. I think HQ has more high flyers working OTs, so maybe they could be demanding to some extent too!!

All the best btw!
May I know what is S4 logistics? Thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote
  #2360 (permalink)  
Old 13-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I know what is S4 logistics? Thank you so much!!
In-service logistics branch. I think they handle a lot of the campís logistic like rations and facilities etc.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,302 Replies, 319,100 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 7,588 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
454 Replies, 145,466 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,943 Replies, 1,400,961 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 602,900 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,017 Replies, 1,889,730 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 241,565 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,002 Replies, 3,339,080 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
198 Replies, 41,160 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,852 Replies, 1,239,341 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,693 Replies, 1,055,225 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 204,758 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,158 Replies, 6,216,411 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,108 Replies, 866,544 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,562 Replies, 2,115,667 Views
How long does uob get back to you...
8 Replies, 1,382 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,855 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 183,744 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,730 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,504 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 5,953 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 67 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,152 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,384 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,558 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 76 Views
Starting new employment while...
6 Replies, 316 Views
Big4 Tax Career Prospect
4 Replies, 2,318 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2