MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 226 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2251 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2019, 08:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
6 years relevant full time experience, pass degree , NS, 4k gross wo bonus You decide.
hey there. just doing some digging. when did you join? which degree from where?

trying to compile some trends.

Reply With Quote
  #2252 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

at what stage would a candidate know the finalised offered salary - only when after all the medical and clearance are done, or before. from what i gathered, the contract signing stage will definitely be the finalised one - my question is can we ask beforehand before committing to things like medical and security clearances.

it seems risky if you go through all the clearance and then not settling because it is not a pay that you are looking for?

Reply With Quote
  #2253 (permalink)  
Old 19-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey there. just doing some digging. when did you join? which degree from where?

trying to compile some trends.
Hi, i have been going through this dxo thread for a bit for fresh grad salaries. It seems like they are paying, for local uni degrees, estimated:

FCH/ 2nd Upper - 3.9
2 Lower/Third - 3.7
Pass - 3.5

With NS +200/300.

Experience - depends on HR. Not all experiences are counted. Some people donít see an increment over these figures above

So for a fresh grad FCH Male, it is likely to be 4.1-4.2

It seems like most govt agencies are around this value too.

Reply With Quote
  #2254 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 06:20 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 6
Barumbo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doesnt really matter what you wear as long as you look decent (no shorts no singlet). The examiner is a young guy who doesn't really care. Wear t shirt and jeans and sandals also ok. Some guys did that
Fashion is a thing to be learned. And the best place to learn it is in fashion shops. Here's my favorite one https://www.lilylulufashion.com/fur-hooded-coats/. Just look at the photos and try to figure out why they look great together.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2255 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, i have been going through this dxo thread for a bit for fresh grad salaries. It seems like they are paying, for local uni degrees, estimated:

FCH/ 2nd Upper - 3.9
2 Lower/Third - 3.7
Pass - 3.5

With NS +200/300.

Experience - depends on HR. Not all experiences are counted. Some people donít see an increment over these figures above

So for a fresh grad FCH Male, it is likely to be 4.1-4.2

It seems like most govt agencies are around this value too.
Too high. Male NS FCH 3.5 maximum, normally 3.3. I signed recently, though am not fch but I spoke candidly with HR. Gross wo bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #2256 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
at what stage would a candidate know the finalised offered salary - only when after all the medical and clearance are done, or before. from what i gathered, the contract signing stage will definitely be the finalised one - my question is can we ask beforehand before committing to things like medical and security clearances.

it seems risky if you go through all the clearance and then not settling because it is not a pay that you are looking for?
Around pg 219 has a ton of process related posts.

s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq-219.html#post116174

They will inform the final salary before the 6 week clearance commence.

With this question I assume that you either have a good job or are a fresh grad sold by your school that the future is big money and awesome jobs await. My advise is, anything above 3k is good for paying the bills and getting some experience.
Reply With Quote

  #2257 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey there. just doing some digging. when did you join? which degree from where?

trying to compile some trends.
Hello

SIM-Aus pass degree. I think it's possibly the lowest tier government can place me into.
Reply With Quote
  #2258 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Around pg 219 has a ton of process related posts.

s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq-219.html#post116174

They will inform the final salary before the 6 week clearance commence.

With this question I assume that you either have a good job or are a fresh grad sold by your school that the future is big money and awesome jobs await. My advise is, anything above 3k is good for paying the bills and getting some experience.
But but but 3k gross is not enough for fresh grads to buy a car these days like their uniformed counterparts. I think unis have pained a lot of rosy future to our young minds..
Reply With Quote
  #2259 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But but but 3k gross is not enough for fresh grads to buy a car these days like their uniformed counterparts. I think unis have pained a lot of rosy future to our young minds..
I agree. But if you and your wife, a total of 7k, a car and bto is no problem. Singapore has one of the most rediculous vehicle prices in the world, I wonder since when car (and condo) had become the norm.

Take private hire daily also cheaper than own the car. Really. In SG here summons, there erp, then parking, don't forget the most expensive petrol in the world... Singaporeans are being ripped off left right centre for luxuries.

Lets not forget, with the extra 20% salary also comes 20% less freedom.

From my browsing, under 10% of banking and finance graduates get into some management associate program in some bank. These fellas start at 4k. Otherwise there's very niche jobs like traders with talent that pull in min 7k.
Reply With Quote
  #2260 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Too high. Male NS FCH 3.5 maximum, normally 3.3. I signed recently, though am not fch but I spoke candidly with HR. Gross wo bonus.
hi, i went for an interview for a Manager role as a fresh grad, and HR says my profile asking for 3.8 is ok. Graduating this year with Male FCH profile.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 08:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 04:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 8,036 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
834 Replies, 419,069 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 89,159 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 489,845 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,770 Replies, 830,572 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
759 Replies, 506,600 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,255 Replies, 1,019,044 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,773 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 816,516 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,895 Replies, 1,747,855 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 310,616 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,171 Replies, 203,613 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 53,968 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,591 Replies, 976,069 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,043 Replies, 1,380,985 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 45,271 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,853 Replies, 3,611,436 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
382 Replies, 170,860 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement...
8 Replies, 2,777 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
288 Replies, 226,662 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,466 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,865 Replies, 2,104,911 Views
Need career advice
4 Replies, 792 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
9 Replies, 1,174 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 21,809 Views
Career switches - job options and... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,373 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 71,191 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,370 Replies, 539,011 Views
Job search for returning...
1 Replies, 337 Views
Infineon Technologies
1 Replies, 256 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2