Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Working culture @ IDA

Old 05-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not as bad as financial instituiton, almost everyone who work for a few years is a vice president
depends on the department you are in.. those kind of vice president are at best assistant manager just to say the most...

Old 05-12-2012, 10:27 PM

wern is on a distinguished road

Quote:
not as bad as financial instituiton, almost everyone who work for a few years is a vice president
And seems like even PUB/SP Utilities has gotten along with it too. Not too long ago I saw someone on the newspapers with the title Asst Vice-President (Water Resources).

KNN at the end of the day still a bloody GLC/stat board operating under the auspices of the public service and sucking taxpayer dollars and yet still want to kehqiang wayang with these fancy titles. I had to freaking contain my laughter and amusement otherwise I would've spit out my dinner there on the spot on the dinner table.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wern View Post
And seems like even PUB/SP Utilities has gotten along with it too. Not too long ago I saw someone on the newspapers with the title Asst Vice-President (Water Resources).

KNN at the end of the day still a bloody GLC/stat board operating under the auspices of the public service and sucking taxpayer dollars and yet still want to kehqiang wayang with these fancy titles. I had to freaking contain my laughter and amusement otherwise I would've spit out my dinner there on the spot on the dinner table.
I think almost all the GLC are into this crap now. I use to just dismiss all these fake titles as gimics that nobody will fall for until I conduct interview for a snr exec position. I was shocked there will be a lot of youngsters who reject our offer citing the lack of "manager" in their appointment.

I explain to them that our company snr exec pay range is more than enough to meet their expected salary (which is quite pathetic barely 5k only), but they are like stubborn and insist no manager title no talk. These people are mad.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think almost all the GLC are into this crap now. I use to just dismiss all these fake titles as gimics that nobody will fall for until I conduct interview for a snr exec position. I was shocked there will be a lot of youngsters who reject our offer citing the lack of "manager" in their appointment.

I explain to them that our company snr exec pay range is more than enough to meet their expected salary (which is quite pathetic barely 5k only), but they are like stubborn and insist no manager title no talk. These people are mad.
Most companies practice internal & external title now. The internal title is the one that determine pay, promotion, benefit and prospect. The external title is use to print on name card to wayang to vendors and family & friends. To me anything <10k monthly is non-manager and <25k a month is not a director, doesn't matter what rubbish you print on the name card.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

so did you hire any of those jokers? what do you mean by youngsters? fresh grad?

If you are referring to fresh grad, I don't think they will hold themselves to high up unless they study until their brain kana fcuked..
Old 06-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Actually having inflate titles can have problems also. One good eg is Amy Cheong the NTUC staff who post racist remarks on FB then kana sack and cause whole country to condem.

Her real job was actually just a Membership Services Executive doing card renewal, but NTUC like all the other goverment dept inflate her title to "Assistant Director for Membership". As a result when the scandal broke, most clueless people thought she was someone very high up within NTUC and her employer simply go with the flow and made a high profile sacking her to demonstrate that they will not hesitate to punish even supposedly senior leadership in NTUC.

Truth is if the public had known she was just some kcham puteh junior executive, they will not whack her so bad and NTUC will just ask her to resign quietly and look for another job while on notice. Beause of her infated title, she was publicly sacked and harrassed to the point need to run road to Aussie and dare not return.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually having inflate titles can have problems also. One good eg is Amy Cheong the NTUC staff who post racist remarks on FB then kana sack and cause whole country to condem.

Her real job was actually just a Membership Services Executive doing card renewal, but NTUC like all the other goverment dept inflate her title to "Assistant Director for Membership". As a result when the scandal broke, most clueless people thought she was someone very high up within NTUC and her employer simply go with the flow and made a high profile sacking her to demonstrate that they will not hesitate to punish even supposedly senior leadership in NTUC.

Truth is if the public had known she was just some kcham puteh junior executive, they will not whack her so bad and NTUC will just ask her to resign quietly and look for another job while on notice. Beause of her infated title, she was publicly sacked and harrassed to the point need to run road to Aussie and dare not return.

where got such thing one.. definitely she is some form of managerial role.. cannot be a small time membership executive only.. you put it too simply already..
Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
so did you hire any of those jokers? what do you mean by youngsters? fresh grad?

If you are referring to fresh grad, I don't think they will hold themselves to high up unless they study until their brain kana fcuked..
I also think that for fresh grad they should concern more on the working culture. Your first job wokring culture easily determine your working attitude in future.. i think this is rather more important than the few hundereds dollar difference in starting pay..

is not wayang or fake or what, it is really the good workign attitude will carry you far to excellence, not the few hundereds dollar more in your first payslip..

if we always wanna siam job, asking for high pay but calculative on the workload.....hmm if you are the boss will you put your expectation on them?
Old 06-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
where got such thing one.. definitely she is some form of managerial role.. cannot be a small time membership executive only.. you put it too simply already..
i work in ntuc before, a typical AD is usually a deg grad with a 2-4 years experience, os yes in a sense she is like a snr exec in most companies.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i work in ntuc before, a typical AD is usually a deg grad with a 2-4 years experience, os yes in a sense she is like a snr exec in most companies.
exactly, she must be worth the news