Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Working culture @ IDA (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1576-working-culture-infocomm-development-authority-singapore.html)

rarashow 02-11-2011 04:01 PM

Working culture @ IDA

hi, i'd like to hear feedback on the work culture @ IDA. Is it very rigid, army style environment, or is it more work-life balance. On ave, how long will it take a normal degree holder (e.g. with merit) to get to the AD level freshout from school. Thanks for any advice.

Unregistered 02-11-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarashow (Post 17719)
hi, i'd like to hear feedback on the work culture @ IDA. Is it very rigid, army style environment, or is it more work-life balance. On ave, how long will it take a normal degree holder (e.g. with merit) to get to the AD level freshout from school. Thanks for any advice.

The "auntie" culture is very strong.

rarashow 02-11-2011 08:03 PM

appreciate if you can elaborate on auntie culture.. meaning "people nagging on you/breathing down your neck"?

Unregistered 02-11-2011 11:31 PM

is AD high rank?

Unregistered 03-11-2011 08:51 AM

From fresh grad to AD. 10yrs or more

rarashow 03-11-2011 12:56 PM

with 13 yrs of very relevant experience, is it silly to accept any lower ranks than AD? What is the pay scale like for AD?

Unregistered 03-11-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarashow (Post 17732)
with 13 yrs of very relevant experience, is it silly to accept any lower ranks than AD? What is the pay scale like for AD?

AD is one rank below the default non-scholar retirement rank of DD. 13 years is barely enough for AD under normal situation, if they offer better accept fast.

Unregistered 03-11-2011 09:39 PM

in MTI ... AD is entry level for fresh grad

rarashow 03-11-2011 10:54 PM

serious? DD is the highest one can go without being a scholar? Then isn't there nothing very much to look forward to.. what is the highest pay band for AD and DD. Appreciate if you can shed some light... a ballpark will do.. thanks

Unregistered 04-11-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarashow (Post 17743)
serious? DD is the highest one can go without being a scholar? Then isn't there nothing very much to look forward to.. what is the highest pay band for AD and DD. Appreciate if you can shed some light... a ballpark will do.. thanks

Just to clarify, when I say AD and DD etc. means internal real title across most stat boards & public organizations, not external inflated titles like MTI.

I can’t remember precisely, but I know DD is around 8k – 11k and AD 6.5k – 9k. Actually not bad lar, if you go private sector most people will also hit ceiling at around that level, some might not even break the 10k mark in their whole careers. Bankers take up <1% of working population, cannot everything compare with banks, must look at normal career in MNC better benchmark.

There are some very rare case got non-scholar hit D level (start of superscale), but really very exceptional.