Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Working culture @ IDA
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wern View Post
And seems like even PUB/SP Utilities has gotten along with it too. Not too long ago I saw someone on the newspapers with the title Asst Vice-President (Water Resources).

KNN at the end of the day still a bloody GLC/stat board operating under the auspices of the public service and sucking taxpayer dollars and yet still want to kehqiang wayang with these fancy titles. I had to freaking contain my laughter and amusement otherwise I would've spit out my dinner there on the spot on the dinner table.
I think almost all the GLC are into this crap now. I use to just dismiss all these fake titles as gimics that nobody will fall for until I conduct interview for a snr exec position. I was shocked there will be a lot of youngsters who reject our offer citing the lack of "manager" in their appointment.

I explain to them that our company snr exec pay range is more than enough to meet their expected salary (which is quite pathetic barely 5k only), but they are like stubborn and insist no manager title no talk. These people are mad.