Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 161 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1601 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2021, 09:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is Singapore. Anyway the poor chap cannot land DBS SME that’s why bo bian need take traineeship or be big 4 monkey
Nobody wants to stay in Singapore for life though. The market is so small and life is so boring in Sg. Being in the Big 4 will increase one’s chances of mirgrating abroad and international work experience. It’s the brand name. Those local banks have no or little known international branding - you’ll be just stuck in tiny Singapore

Reply With Quote
  #1602 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nobody wants to stay in Singapore for life though. The market is so small and life is so boring in Sg. Being in the Big 4 will increase one’s chances of mirgrating abroad and international work experience. It’s the brand name. Those local banks have no or little known international branding - you’ll be just stuck in tiny Singapore
Local bank employers all very frog in a well kind of mentality. To them, joining a local bank makes sense because locally the bank has a big consumer base eg. Dbs. Thats all. They dont think about getting international brand name and rep because they have never imagined themselves working overseas or even living overseas. To them, singapore is all there is. Its the safest and most comfortably secured country to live their lives. Nothing wrong with that kind of mentality, we are brought up to not question too much and dont be too curious about the world beyond our shores. This is what keeps us living and working in singapore. Singapore cant afford a brain drain because manpower is all there is in a country without natural resources and therefore this narrative was created.

Reply With Quote
  #1603 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2021, 09:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Local bank employers all very frog in a well kind of mentality. To them, joining a local bank makes sense because locally the bank has a big consumer base eg. Dbs. Thats all. They dont think about getting international brand name and rep because they have never imagined themselves working overseas or even living overseas. To them, singapore is all there is. Its the safest and most comfortably secured country to live their lives. Nothing wrong with that kind of mentality, we are brought up to not question too much and dont be too curious about the world beyond our shores. This is what keeps us living and working in singapore. Singapore cant afford a brain drain because manpower is all there is in a country without natural resources and therefore this narrative was created.
Big 4 is still sh*t

Reply With Quote
  #1604 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 02:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Local bank employers all very frog in a well kind of mentality. To them, joining a local bank makes sense because locally the bank has a big consumer base eg. Dbs. Thats all. They dont think about getting international brand name and rep because they have never imagined themselves working overseas or even living overseas. To them, singapore is all there is. Its the safest and most comfortably secured country to live their lives. Nothing wrong with that kind of mentality, we are brought up to not question too much and dont be too curious about the world beyond our shores. This is what keeps us living and working in singapore. Singapore cant afford a brain drain because manpower is all there is in a country without natural resources and therefore this narrative was created.
I personally don't wanna live in Singapore for my entire life. Definitely not when I'm still young. Big 4's workload is crazy but it gives me opportunities to work abroad, to see the world and have a different perspective. Like it or not, Big 4 firms are world renowed brand names while nobody knows what's DBS or OCBC outside Asia or even JP/KR.

I don't wanna be simply working in Singapore, living in a HDB and buying a car that can only be used for 10 years
Reply With Quote
  #1605 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 02:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I personally don't wanna live in Singapore for my entire life. Definitely not when I'm still young. Big 4's workload is crazy but it gives me opportunities to work abroad, to see the world and have a different perspective. Like it or not, Big 4 firms are world renowed brand names while nobody knows what's DBS or OCBC outside Asia or even JP/KR.

I don't wanna be simply working in Singapore, living in a HDB and buying a car that can only be used for 10 years
Have fun “exploring” the world with your Big 4 salary.
Reply With Quote
  #1606 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I personally don't wanna live in Singapore for my entire life. Definitely not when I'm still young. Big 4's workload is crazy but it gives me opportunities to work abroad, to see the world and have a different perspective. Like it or not, Big 4 firms are world renowed brand names while nobody knows what's DBS or OCBC outside Asia or even JP/KR.

I don't wanna be simply working in Singapore, living in a HDB and buying a car that can only be used for 10 years
Just curious which country are you working in now?
Reply With Quote

  #1607 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have fun “exploring” the world with your Big 4 salary.
Big 4 pays market rate outside of Singapore. Case in point is the US where some of the Big 4 Strategy arms pay higher or equal to the more established consulting firms
Reply With Quote
  #1608 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 11:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Big 4 pays market rate outside of Singapore. Case in point is the US where some of the Big 4 Strategy arms pay higher or equal to the more established consulting firms
Big 4 monkey spotted
Reply With Quote
  #1609 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2021, 12:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Big 4 pays market rate outside of Singapore. Case in point is the US where some of the Big 4 Strategy arms pay higher or equal to the more established consulting firms
Alamak.. then why u working in big 4 sg?
Reply With Quote
  #1610 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2021, 12:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Big 4 usually pay good bah , that is if u reach M and above level
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,268 Replies, 1,068,537 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,728 Replies, 2,645,196 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,484 Replies, 6,770,120 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,403 Replies, 2,416,097 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,129 Replies, 2,018,953 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,651 Replies, 9,296,593 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
999 Replies, 223,662 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
544 Replies, 195,211 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 106,584 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,843 Replies, 3,695,504 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,088 Replies, 3,041,351 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,345 Replies, 5,156,173 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,199 Replies, 554,727 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,283 Replies, 1,531,407 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 51,228 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,660 Replies, 3,209,342 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 21,805 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 5,773 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
257 Replies, 269,287 Views
Credit Suisse
9 Replies, 4,285 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 141,058 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,462 Replies, 669,429 Views
share your experience about...
3 Replies, 234 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,010 Replies, 906,608 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,319 Replies, 733,394 Views
Work in pharmacy
5 Replies, 1,647 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 679,908 Views
Capgemini ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 5,903 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 38,286 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
364 Replies, 414,086 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2