Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 62
Blueberry is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ?

I am almost going to rage quit if I were made to feel redundant in my current office.

I hold an admin job and recently came a new office manager whom my boss and seniors will be dedicating lots of work to her. And she is almost going to step into my 'boundary' by doing my work. I am literally left with nothing significant to do.

Well, the positive side of the circumstance is that my salary is the highest I had since I started work in the society. The next job will more likely low ball my salary. Also good thing is my workload is little but my boss didn't decrease my salary for now.

I am now in crossroads. It is the salary that is keeping me but I can't help feel redundant.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

stay at your current job until you land a offer that is within acceptable range for the pay (-5% is good enough i feel). Unwise to rage quit and have zero income at all.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I am almost going to rage quit if I were made to feel redundant in my current office.

I hold an admin job and recently came a new office manager whom my boss and seniors will be dedicating lots of work to her. And she is almost going to step into my 'boundary' by doing my work. I am literally left with nothing significant to do.

Well, the positive side of the circumstance is that my salary is the highest I had since I started work in the society. The next job will more likely low ball my salary. Also good thing is my workload is little but my boss didn't decrease my salary for now.

I am now in crossroads. It is the salary that is keeping me but I can't help feel redundant.
sounds like they are grooming this office manager and about to cut you loose once she can handle everyday. ggwp.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 21
Raymond is on a distinguished road
Default

Wait so let me get this right,

1. Some idiot wants to do your job for you which means you get to do less work.

2. Your salary is the highest meaning what? The highest you got or highest in your department? Either way,

3. You want to rage quit because you feel "redundant".

Buddy, no offence but you need a hard reality check. No one in Singapore has ever rage-quit a job just because "oh someone did my work for me and I feel redundant".

The average person would respond like this

"Wow this idiot wants to do my work for me, ok I go shake leg, watch YouTube or go self-learn... hehe thanks idiot. Guess I'll go look around and see what the market is like. Now I have more time to prep for interviews, nice."

This is you

"Fking idiot do my job for ME? who the FK do you think U ARE? fk THIS I rage QUIT"


Like wtf? you ok?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 12:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Wait so let me get this right,

1. Some idiot wants to do your job for you which means you get to do less work.

2. Your salary is the highest meaning what? The highest you got or highest in your department? Either way,

3. You want to rage quit because you feel "redundant".

Buddy, no offence but you need a hard reality check. No one in Singapore has ever rage-quit a job just because "oh someone did my work for me and I feel redundant".

The average person would respond like this

"Wow this idiot wants to do my work for me, ok I go shake leg, watch or go self-learn... hehe thanks idiot. Guess I'll go look around and see what the market is like. Now I have more time to prep for interviews, nice."

This is you

"Fking idiot do my job for ME? who the FK do you think U ARE? fk THIS I rage QUIT"


Like wtf? you ok?
Your post is funny. And is really wise. I agree with you. Thanks for pointing out.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 12:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
stay at your current job until you land a offer that is within acceptable range for the pay (-5% is good enough i feel). Unwise to rage quit and have zero income at all.
Yep. Outsiders see clearer than me. Thanks for your reply.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I am almost going to rage quit if I were made to feel redundant in my current office.

I hold an admin job and recently came a new office manager whom my boss and seniors will be dedicating lots of work to her. And she is almost going to step into my 'boundary' by doing my work. I am literally left with nothing significant to do.

Well, the positive side of the circumstance is that my salary is the highest I had since I started work in the society. The next job will more likely low ball my salary. Also good thing is my workload is little but my boss didn't decrease my salary for now.

I am now in crossroads. It is the salary that is keeping me but I can't help feel redundant.
If you're a high earner in the company, I would suggest you be cautious about this new hire. Chances are they are replacing you with a lower cost worker and you might find yourself out of job soon.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Wait so let me get this right,

1. Some idiot wants to do your job for you which means you get to do less work.

2. Your salary is the highest meaning what? The highest you got or highest in your department? Either way,

3. You want to rage quit because you feel "redundant".

Buddy, no offence but you need a hard reality check. No one in Singapore has ever rage-quit a job just because "oh someone did my work for me and I feel redundant".

The average person would respond like this

"Wow this idiot wants to do my work for me, ok I go shake leg, watch or go self-learn... hehe thanks idiot. Guess I'll go look around and see what the market is like. Now I have more time to prep for interviews, nice."

This is you

"Fking idiot do my job for ME? who the FK do you think U ARE? fk THIS I rage QUIT"


Like wtf? you ok?
LOL I echo this. About 8-9 years ago, my team had a new headcount and I felt redundant since the new person was a lot younger and eager to please. Did more than he was hired to do and took over a lot of my responsibilities when I was away (e.g. on leave or reservist) and barely 'returned' it. I contemplated leaving as I was left with nothing much to do but was afraid of losing the shiok life. He left after 3 years and the successors took over the same workload. Last month I was promoted as I am the most laojiao around but no increase in job scope.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2022, 10:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL I echo this. About 8-9 years ago, my team had a new headcount and I felt redundant since the new person was a lot younger and eager to please. Did more than he was hired to do and took over a lot of my responsibilities when I was away (e.g. on leave or reservist) and barely 'returned' it. I contemplated leaving as I was left with nothing much to do but was afraid of losing the shiok life. He left after 3 years and the successors took over the same workload. Last month I was promoted as I am the most laojiao around but no increase in job scope.
you work for SAF? hahahha...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2022, 05:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL I echo this. About 8-9 years ago, my team had a new headcount and I felt redundant since the new person was a lot younger and eager to please. Did more than he was hired to do and took over a lot of my responsibilities when I was away (e.g. on leave or reservist) and barely 'returned' it. I contemplated leaving as I was left with nothing much to do but was afraid of losing the shiok life. He left after 3 years and the successors took over the same workload. Last month I was promoted as I am the most laojiao around but no increase in job scope.
Less workload, promoted for just being laojiao, no increase in job scope and i assume pay was increased as well due to promotion?

thats the life most singaporeans wishes. Your luck is great. im not suprised if you won lottery few times already.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,159 Replies, 256,717 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,062 Replies, 377,508 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,973 Replies, 1,925,566 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,224 Replies, 8,925,370 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 204,779 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,300 Replies, 2,420,126 Views
Jumping into the tech private... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 6,513 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
442 Replies, 162,385 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,623 Replies, 3,508,825 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,784 Replies, 963,220 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
467 Replies, 242,924 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 633,214 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,154 Replies, 6,456,426 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 457,702 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,158 Replies, 571,387 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 10,138 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 99,923 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,799 Replies, 848,797 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,178 Replies, 858,361 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 159,901 Views
Open Government Products (under... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,384 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,546 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,064 Replies, 2,939,319 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
514 Replies, 143,890 Views
Alibaba
1 Replies, 304 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,603 Replies, 2,028,798 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 79,419 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 253,293 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 70,411 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,099,411 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2