Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ? - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 32
Raymond is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Less workload, promoted for just being laojiao, no increase in job scope and i assume pay was increased as well due to promotion?

thats the life most singaporeans wishes. Your luck is great. im not suprised if you won lottery few times already.
That has nothing to do with luck, that's how promotions at most large companies work for mid-level people.

Unless you work at FAANG / Crypto / Trading / Unicorn Start-ups / Small Start-ups, long tenure at a company will ALWAYS guarantee a promotion for mid-level people regardless of performance.

Part of the reason why is because of salary bands.

Let's say on average you get pay increment, every year because company profits is high every-year. You're a mid-level position holding person, can be any industry, it doesn't matter.

Your salary range is say, 75k to 85k annual. You're at 84k. You get a pay increment that's beyond 85k, naturally the company will just see your "tenure" and give you a title bump + pay increment + title promotion. ( 1-10% depending on performance )

Your new salary range is now 80k to 100k. This cycle repeats.

Lots of freshers don't know this so they tryhard for 1-3 years, trying to aim for promotion / massive pay-bump only to get disappointed, burnt out and eventually leave.


Last edited by Raymond; 20-05-2022 at 07:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2022, 01:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
That has nothing to do with luck, that's how promotions at most large companies work for mid-level people.

Unless you work at FAANG / Crypto / Trading / Unicorn Start-ups / Small Start-ups, long tenure at a company will ALWAYS guarantee a promotion for mid-level people regardless of performance.

Part of the reason why is because of salary bands.

Let's say on average you get pay increment, every year because company profits is high every-year. You're a mid-level position holding person, can be any industry, it doesn't matter.

Your salary range is say, 75k to 85k annual. You're at 84k. You get a pay increment that's beyond 85k, naturally the company will just see your "tenure" and give you a title bump + pay increment + title promotion. ( 1-10% depending on performance )

Your new salary range is now 80k to 100k. This cycle repeats.

Lots of freshers don't know this so they tryhard for 1-3 years, trying to aim for promotion / massive pay-bump only to get disappointed, burnt out and eventually leave.
So you're saying that there is no need to work hard because you will eventually get your raises/bumps/promotions? LOL bro you might get fired before that even happens.

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Raged quitted last month. everyday i show upskirt panty, neh neh give half ball to my boss but after 6 months he still cannot take the hint. I am a chio bu myself.

Angry so raged quitted.

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So you're saying that there is no need to work hard because you will eventually get your raises/bumps/promotions? LOL bro you might get fired before that even happens.
ya its true

i work at bank knn so many boomers dont do work one why still get promotion and pay raise ????? knn simi lj confirm must be some bullshit behind the scene de

cannot be get promoted cause work long long wtf sia
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2022, 05:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ya its true

i work at bank knn so many boomers dont do work one why still get promotion and pay raise ????? knn simi lj confirm must be some bullshit behind the scene de

cannot be get promoted cause work long long wtf sia
u working dbs or ocbc or uob??? lololol
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2022, 04:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
That has nothing to do with luck, that's how promotions at most large companies work for mid-level people.

Unless you work at FAANG / Crypto / Trading / Unicorn Start-ups / Small Start-ups, long tenure at a company will ALWAYS guarantee a promotion for mid-level people regardless of performance.

Part of the reason why is because of salary bands.

Let's say on average you get pay increment, every year because company profits is high every-year. You're a mid-level position holding person, can be any industry, it doesn't matter.

Your salary range is say, 75k to 85k annual. You're at 84k. You get a pay increment that's beyond 85k, naturally the company will just see your "tenure" and give you a title bump + pay increment + title promotion. ( 1-10% depending on performance )

Your new salary range is now 80k to 100k. This cycle repeats.

Lots of freshers don't know this so they tryhard for 1-3 years, trying to aim for promotion / massive pay-bump only to get disappointed, burnt out and eventually leave.
you saying just do work ,stay long enough and automatically they bump you up the salary band? Damn, i thought that was a myth. Seems to be true then.
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2022, 02:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you saying just do work ,stay long enough and automatically they bump you up the salary band? Damn, i thought that was a myth. Seems to be true then.
only true in govt sector or local banks.... elsewhere you can expect to be fired for underperforming....
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2022, 03:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
only true in govt sector or local banks.... elsewhere you can expect to be fired for underperforming....
nope, quite common in tech companies also I work for a US tech company, my manager in my one to one weekly meeting just outright told me if I want work 9 to 5 only also can... If I want slowly get promotion also can.

So ya what Raymond say is quite accurate. My company people promotion is very two year cycle one. If u want slowly work and take it ez can also get promotion, just that it's four years instead of two
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2022, 03:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nope, quite common in tech companies also I work for a US tech company, my manager in my one to one weekly meeting just outright told me if I want work 9 to 5 only also can... If I want slowly get promotion also can.

So ya what Raymond say is quite accurate. My company people promotion is very two year cycle one. If u want slowly work and take it ez can also get promotion, just that it's four years instead of two
I only know of a gov company that i interned at does that. Those in entry role will be automatically be promoted if they do not messed up big time. Usually the promotion is less than 2 years. That's what i was told by the engineers there. Afterthe first promotion onwards, it will be depending on performance to have a faster/slower promotion
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2022, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 32
Raymond is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So you're saying that there is no need to work hard because you will eventually get your raises/bumps/promotions? LOL bro you might get fired before that even happens.
No it's true.

Of course within reasons, as I mentioned in my post, as long as you're not working in any of the companies I listed out, you can really get away with it.

US tech companies, F500 companies, even local banks, you can get away with it. if you frequent popular tech sub-reddits like CSCAREERQUESTIONS, there's lots of mid-level people who do 2 hours of work out of the 40 hours... yet they get promoted time and time again, get 100k / year, etc.

If you go on TeamBlind, you can even see verified employees of such companies, really doing barely anything and still getting promoted, etc.

Could they be lying? Sure... people lie all the time on the internet. But I've personally seen my colleagues pull this bullshit and get promoted so I'm more inclined to believe it's true.

Anyway I'm just saying it's possible. Of course don't do it if you don't want to or you're skeptical.

In the end I just want you guys to know that this is possible and hopefully help make your quality of life better, that's all. Take it with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,409 Replies, 654,452 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,984 Replies, 898,834 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,598 Replies, 9,242,952 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,432 Replies, 6,720,302 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
242 Replies, 265,727 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,084 Replies, 2,004,299 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,211 Replies, 925,827 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,039 Replies, 673,415 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 602,020 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 120,641 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,816 Replies, 3,666,852 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 82,490 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,698 Replies, 2,616,395 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,261 Replies, 1,055,401 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 33,754 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
503 Replies, 261,691 Views
crypto trading tech roles
9 Replies, 2,032 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,400 Replies, 2,401,302 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 4,092 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 548,681 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,359 Replies, 293,644 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
486 Replies, 447,210 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,650 Replies, 3,194,386 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 117,337 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 139,040 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
433 Replies, 334,367 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,272 Replies, 924,358 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 219,102 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 239,303 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
525 Replies, 190,104 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2