Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ? - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ?

Old 20-05-2022, 07:07 AM

Raymond is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Less workload, promoted for just being laojiao, no increase in job scope and i assume pay was increased as well due to promotion?

thats the life most singaporeans wishes. Your luck is great. im not suprised if you won lottery few times already.
That has nothing to do with luck, that's how promotions at most large companies work for mid-level people.

Unless you work at FAANG / Crypto / Trading / Unicorn Start-ups / Small Start-ups, long tenure at a company will ALWAYS guarantee a promotion for mid-level people regardless of performance.

Part of the reason why is because of salary bands.

Let's say on average you get pay increment, every year because company profits is high every-year. You're a mid-level position holding person, can be any industry, it doesn't matter.

Your salary range is say, 75k to 85k annual. You're at 84k. You get a pay increment that's beyond 85k, naturally the company will just see your "tenure" and give you a title bump + pay increment + title promotion. ( 1-10% depending on performance )

Your new salary range is now 80k to 100k. This cycle repeats.

Lots of freshers don't know this so they tryhard for 1-3 years, trying to aim for promotion / massive pay-bump only to get disappointed, burnt out and eventually leave.

Last edited by Raymond; 20-05-2022 at 07:10 AM.
Old 20-05-2022, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
That has nothing to do with luck, that's how promotions at most large companies work for mid-level people.

Unless you work at FAANG / Crypto / Trading / Unicorn Start-ups / Small Start-ups, long tenure at a company will ALWAYS guarantee a promotion for mid-level people regardless of performance.

Let's say on average you get pay increment, every year because company profits is high every-year. You're a mid-level position holding person, can be any industry, it doesn't matter.

Your salary range is say, 75k to 85k annual. You're at 84k. You get a pay increment that's beyond 85k, naturally the company will just see your "tenure" and give you a title bump + pay increment + title promotion. ( 1-10% depending on performance )

Lots of freshers don't know this so they tryhard for 1-3 years, trying to aim for promotion / massive pay-bump only to get disappointed, burnt out and eventually leave.
So you're saying that there is no need to work hard because you will eventually get your raises/bumps/promotions? LOL bro you might get fired before that even happens.

Old 20-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Raged quitted last month. everyday i show upskirt panty, neh neh give half ball to my boss but after 6 months he still cannot take the hint. I am a chio bu myself.

Angry so raged quitted.

Old 20-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
So you're saying that there is no need to work hard because you will eventually get your raises/bumps/promotions? LOL bro you might get fired before that even happens.
ya its true

i work at bank knn so many boomers dont do work one why still get promotion and pay raise ????? knn simi lj confirm must be some ******** behind the scene de

cannot be get promoted cause work long long wtf sia
Old 20-05-2022, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
ya its true

i work at bank knn so many boomers dont do work one why still get promotion and pay raise ????? knn simi lj confirm must be some ******** behind the scene de

cannot be get promoted cause work long long wtf sia
u working dbs or ocbc or uob??? lololol
Old 21-05-2022, 04:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post

you saying just do work ,stay long enough and automatically they bump you up the salary band? Damn, i thought that was a myth. Seems to be true then.

Old 21-05-2022, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
you saying just do work ,stay long enough and automatically they bump you up the salary band? Damn, i thought that was a myth. Seems to be true then.
only true in govt sector or local banks.... elsewhere you can expect to be fired for underperforming....
Old 21-05-2022, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
only true in govt sector or local banks.... elsewhere you can expect to be fired for underperforming....
nope, quite common in tech companies also I work for a US tech company, my manager in my one to one weekly meeting just outright told me if I want work 9 to 5 only also can... If I want slowly get promotion also can.

So ya what Raymond say is quite accurate. My company people promotion is very two year cycle one. If u want slowly work and take it ez can also get promotion, just that it's four years instead of two
Old 21-05-2022, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
nope, quite common in tech companies also I work for a US tech company, my manager in my one to one weekly meeting just outright told me if I want work 9 to 5 only also can... If I want slowly get promotion also can.

So ya what Raymond say is quite accurate. My company people promotion is very two year cycle one. If u want slowly work and take it ez can also get promotion, just that it's four years instead of two
I only know of a gov company that i interned at does that. Those in entry role will be automatically be promoted if they do not messed up big time. Usually the promotion is less than 2 years. That's what i was told by the engineers there. Afterthe first promotion onwards, it will be depending on performance to have a faster/slower promotion
Old 22-05-2022, 02:06 PM

Raymond is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No it's true.

Of course within reasons, as I mentioned in my post, as long as you're not working in any of the companies I listed out, you can really get away with it.

US tech companies, F500 companies, even local banks, you can get away with it. if you frequent popular tech sub-reddits like CSCAREERQUESTIONS, there's lots of mid-level people who do 2 hours of work out of the 40 hours... yet they get promoted time and time again, get 100k / year, etc.

If you go on TeamBlind, you can even see verified employees of such companies, really doing barely anything and still getting promoted, etc.

Could they be lying? Sure... people lie all the time on the internet. But I've personally seen my colleagues pull this ******** and get promoted so I'm more inclined to believe it's true.

Anyway I'm just saying it's possible. Of course don't do it if you don't want to or you're skeptical.

In the end I just want you guys to know that this is possible and hopefully help make your quality of life better, that's all. Take it with a grain of salt.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app