Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/14582-anyone-ever-rage-quitted-your-job-before.html)

Blueberry 18-05-2022 10:46 AM

Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ?

I am almost going to rage quit if I were made to feel redundant in my current office.

I hold an admin job and recently came a new office manager whom my boss and seniors will be dedicating lots of work to her. And she is almost going to step into my 'boundary' by doing my work. I am literally left with nothing significant to do.

Well, the positive side of the circumstance is that my salary is the highest I had since I started work in the society. The next job will more likely low ball my salary. Also good thing is my workload is little but my boss didn't decrease my salary for now.

I am now in crossroads. It is the salary that is keeping me but I can't help feel redundant.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 11:11 AM

stay at your current job until you land a offer that is within acceptable range for the pay (-5% is good enough i feel). Unwise to rage quit and have zero income at all.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 218145)
I am almost going to rage quit if I were made to feel redundant in my current office.

I hold an admin job and recently came a new office manager whom my boss and seniors will be dedicating lots of work to her. And she is almost going to step into my 'boundary' by doing my work. I am literally left with nothing significant to do.

Well, the positive side of the circumstance is that my salary is the highest I had since I started work in the society. The next job will more likely low ball my salary. Also good thing is my workload is little but my boss didn't decrease my salary for now.

I am now in crossroads. It is the salary that is keeping me but I can't help feel redundant.

sounds like they are grooming this office manager and about to cut you loose once she can handle everyday. ggwp.

Raymond 18-05-2022 12:42 PM

Wait so let me get this right,

1. Some idiot wants to do your job for you which means you get to do less work.

2. Your salary is the highest meaning what? The highest you got or highest in your department? Either way,

3. You want to rage quit because you feel "redundant".

Buddy, no offence but you need a hard reality check. No one in Singapore has ever rage-quit a job just because "oh someone did my work for me and I feel redundant".

The average person would respond like this

"Wow this idiot wants to do my work for me, ok I go shake leg, watch YouTube or go self-learn... hehe thanks idiot. Guess I'll go look around and see what the market is like. Now I have more time to prep for interviews, nice."

This is you

"Fking idiot do my job for ME? who the FK do you think U ARE? fk THIS I rage QUIT"

Like wtf? you ok?

Unregistered 18-05-2022 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 218153)

2. Your salary is the highest meaning what? The highest you got or highest in your department? Either way,

Buddy, no offence but you need a hard reality check. No one in Singapore has ever rage-quit a job just because "oh someone did my work for me and I feel redundant".

"Wow this idiot wants to do my work for me, ok I go shake leg, watch or go self-learn... hehe thanks idiot. Guess I'll go look around and see what the market is like. Now I have more time to prep for interviews, nice."

This is you

"Fking idiot do my job for ME? who the FK do you think U ARE? fk THIS I rage QUIT"

Like wtf? you ok?

Your post is funny. And is really wise. I agree with you. Thanks for pointing out.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218147)
stay at your current job until you land a offer that is within acceptable range for the pay (-5% is good enough i feel). Unwise to rage quit and have zero income at all.

Yep. Outsiders see clearer than me. Thanks for your reply.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 218145)

If you're a high earner in the company, I would suggest you be cautious about this new hire. Chances are they are replacing you with a lower cost worker and you might find yourself out of job soon.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 218153)

"Wow this idiot wants to do my work for me, ok I go shake leg, watch or go self-learn... hehe thanks idiot. Guess I'll go look around and see what the market is like. Now I have more time to prep for interviews, nice."

This is you

Like wtf? you ok?

LOL I echo this. About 8-9 years ago, my team had a new headcount and I felt redundant since the new person was a lot younger and eager to please. Did more than he was hired to do and took over a lot of my responsibilities when I was away (e.g. on leave or reservist) and barely 'returned' it. I contemplated leaving as I was left with nothing much to do but was afraid of losing the shiok life. He left after 3 years and the successors took over the same workload. Last month I was promoted as I am the most laojiao around but no increase in job scope.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218177)
LOL I echo this. About 8-9 years ago, my team had a new headcount and I felt redundant since the new person was a lot younger and eager to please. Did more than he was hired to do and took over a lot of my responsibilities when I was away (e.g. on leave or reservist) and barely 'returned' it. I contemplated leaving as I was left with nothing much to do but was afraid of losing the shiok life. He left after 3 years and the successors took over the same workload. Last month I was promoted as I am the most laojiao around but no increase in job scope.

you work for SAF? hahahha...

Unregistered 20-05-2022 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218177)

Less workload, promoted for just being laojiao, no increase in job scope and i assume pay was increased as well due to promotion?

thats the life most singaporeans wishes. Your luck is great. im not suprised if you won lottery few times already.