Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever rage quitted your job before ?
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Wait so let me get this right,

1. Some idiot wants to do your job for you which means you get to do less work.

2. Your salary is the highest meaning what? The highest you got or highest in your department? Either way,

3. You want to rage quit because you feel "redundant".

Buddy, no offence but you need a hard reality check. No one in Singapore has ever rage-quit a job just because "oh someone did my work for me and I feel redundant".

The average person would respond like this

"Wow this idiot wants to do my work for me, ok I go shake leg, watch or go self-learn... hehe thanks idiot. Guess I'll go look around and see what the market is like. Now I have more time to prep for interviews, nice."

This is you

"Fking idiot do my job for ME? who the FK do you think U ARE? fk THIS I rage QUIT"

Like wtf? you ok?
LOL I echo this. About 8-9 years ago, my team had a new headcount and I felt redundant since the new person was a lot younger and eager to please. Did more than he was hired to do and took over a lot of my responsibilities when I was away (e.g. on leave or reservist) and barely 'returned' it. I contemplated leaving as I was left with nothing much to do but was afraid of losing the shiok life. He left after 3 years and the successors took over the same workload. Last month I was promoted as I am the most laojiao around but no increase in job scope.