ST Electronics - Page 110 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1091 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 10:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your encounter sounds very familiar too... or the term "you are the expert".
where is my expert pay and title then



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1092 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
where is my expert pay and title then
Sadly, I've worked here long enough to know you won't go far here.

If you observe carefully, all the senior oldies have the same style
1. Appear to be helpful but really not much of a help
2. Don't really do all the work so don't get all the blame.
3. Don't really take credit for all the work, but take credit from here and there just enough to appear to be doing some work.

Always appear a team player. But don't have to really play in the team.

You haven't mastered the skill. Your promotion will come from length of service.
You outshine so fast, your light will burn out.

Act blur, play dumb. Survive.

Reply With Quote
  #1093 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sadly, I've worked here long enough to know you won't go far here.

If you observe carefully, all the senior oldies have the same style
1. Appear to be helpful but really not much of a help
2. Don't really do all the work so don't get all the blame.
3. Don't really take credit for all the work, but take credit from here and there just enough to appear to be doing some work.

Always appear a team player. But don't have to really play in the team.

You haven't mastered the skill. Your promotion will come from length of service.
You outshine so fast, your light will burn out.

Act blur, play dumb. Survive.
I think length of service also cannot promote. Many of the M1s and M2s are there for 15, 20 years and counting. If they do no move up or move out, there is no space for E5 and E6 to grow.

I had seen some E5s and E6s there for 7, 8 years and still at same grade.

Reply With Quote
  #1094 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 10:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sadly, I've worked here long enough to know you won't go far here.

If you observe carefully, all the senior oldies have the same style
1. Appear to be helpful but really not much of a help
2. Don't really do all the work so don't get all the blame.
3. Don't really take credit for all the work, but take credit from here and there just enough to appear to be doing some work.

Always appear a team player. But don't have to really play in the team.

You haven't mastered the skill. Your promotion will come from length of service.
You outshine so fast, your light will burn out.

Act blur, play dumb. Survive.
After acting blur, playing dumb. what's your job grade now? how long are you in the company?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1095 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 10:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After acting blur, playing dumb. what's your job grade now? how long are you in the company?
Currently M2 after 10 years.
E5 - 3 years
E6 - 2 years
M1 - 3 years
M2 - 2 years.

I very lucky, my boss keep promoted and he pull me up with him.
I see some M2 have a lot of people report under them.

I'm lucky cause nobody report under me. Hahaha.
But the bad thing is I report to many ROs.

But I'm excellent in human skills. I can work with the bosses above.
Thus my promotion..
Reply With Quote
  #1096 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Currently M2 after 10 years.
E5 - 3 years
E6 - 2 years
M1 - 3 years
M2 - 2 years.

I very lucky, my boss keep promoted and he pull me up with him.
I see some M2 have a lot of people report under them.

I'm lucky cause nobody report under me. Hahaha.
But the bad thing is I report to many ROs.

But I'm excellent in human skills. I can work with the bosses above.
Thus my promotion..
You are indeed lucky that your boss still helps you after getting his own promotion.

Most of them get promoted and forgot almost about anyone else except those they like.
Reply With Quote

  #1097 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 11:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are indeed lucky that your boss still helps you after getting his own promotion.

Most of them get promoted and forgot almost about anyone else except those they like.
My boss promoted to lead a division. He don't have ally so he pull me along lo.
In this company, is all about making alliances.

And since my boss also know he won't get a chance to be promoted to M4 he also retiring mode.
Me too. So anything we both also try to siam haha.
Reply With Quote
  #1098 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My boss promoted to lead a division. He don't have ally so he pull me along lo.
In this company, is all about making alliances.

And since my boss also know he won't get a chance to be promoted to M4 he also retiring mode.
Me too. So anything we both also try to siam haha.
what's the salary range for m2?
Reply With Quote
  #1099 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My boss promoted to lead a division. He don't have ally so he pull me along lo.
In this company, is all about making alliances.

And since my boss also know he won't get a chance to be promoted to M4 he also retiring mode.
Me too. So anything we both also try to siam haha.
All I saw during my years there was the senior management and their pets get promoted. The time you gotten from E5 to M2 is the same time as some people getting from E5 to E6, which was seriously pathetic. It's no wonder certain divisions turn over rate so high, some new hires don't even stay beyond 3 months.
Reply With Quote
  #1100 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All I saw during my years there was the senior management and their pets get promoted. The time you gotten from E5 to M2 is the same time as some people getting from E5 to E6, which was seriously pathetic. It's no wonder certain divisions turn over rate so high, some new hires don't even stay beyond 3 months.
I admit this is true. But the same can be said about EVERY JOB.
If I give you a magic wand now and ask you to promote someone who is under you and you can ONLY choose one.

Who will you pick?
The one who you have bonded and have personally work with?
Or some newbie who is always sitting at his cubicle "working" but nobody know what.

It's normal for you to ALSO pick the person you familiar with.
And your OTHER staff will say you choose your PET

There is just NO WAY TO ESCAPE this harsh reality.
I rather be the pet or the one who choose the pet.
Then to be a disposal garbage.

You choose your own path.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
886 Replies, 229,601 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,025 Replies, 2,518,549 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,350 Replies, 580,306 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 59,417 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,301,999 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 7,995 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 209,243 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 37,489 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,867 Replies, 4,660,662 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,036 Replies, 529,060 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,669 Replies, 7,379,897 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 143,260 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,101 Replies, 2,539,168 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,852 Replies, 613,238 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,023 Replies, 742,040 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
564 Replies, 446,357 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 101,834 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 37,237 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,817 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 455,837 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme...
3 Replies, 254 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 135,813 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 204,327 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,724 Replies, 4,369,756 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 113,096 Views
DXC Technology
0 Replies, 72 Views
Y Ventures Group
0 Replies, 43 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 26,849 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 9,137 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 279,643 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2