Whats your net worth - Page 169 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

Whats your net worth

Old 26-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Millionaire Member

whizzard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dives View Post
Thanks for that very interesting, like the attention to detail right down to the pen
Haha Dives ..... well, if everyone else is gonna stir some **** in this forum, I may as well add to it and see where it leads to ..... just for laughs!

I didn't intend to reply but since it's you, I would just say that its just not a pen, but a cheapo pen probably made in China that has a LED bulb at one end and a ballpoint nib at the other end ..... in case the authenticity is ever disputed!

My UBS banker is a conservative person whilst my Coutts banker is an aggressive tiger. I always get 2 quotes before I do anything, unless the structure is so isoteric that the other one can't do it. I was taught at a fairly young age that it's always good to have a mechanisem to keep everyone honest!

Old 26-10-2013, 01:37 AM
dives

Thanks Whizzard honored, replying back at 1.30 am just goes to show how little activities I plan for myself on the weekend lol. This forum is for 5% serious talk and 95% well just crap talk really.

I have UBS pen too silver one, heavy and solid, got it from a friend who must have snuck it out from some client presents drawer. Its really good quality so I assumed the one in the picture was the same, that was way before 08 though when UBS had the budget for almost anything. Good times Is the UBS wealth office still at Suntec?

That's a good approach to balance conservative with aggressiveness always good to see things from both ends, I suppose ultimately it really depends on the bankers who want to look out for the best of their clients.

Hope one day I can work up some proper working capital to manage and participate in this realm of financial investments with some experts who know what they're doing..

Meantime I better get some sleep lol
Have a good weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
Haha Dives ..... well, if everyone else is gonna stir some **** in this forum, I may as well add to it and see where it leads to ..... just for laughs!

I didn't intend to reply but since it's you, I would just say that its just not a pen, but a cheapo pen probably made in China that has a LED bulb at one end and a ballpoint nib at the other end ..... in case the authenticity is ever disputed!

My UBS banker is a conservative person whilst my Coutts banker is an aggressive tiger. I always get 2 quotes before I do anything, unless the structure is so isoteric that the other one can't do it. I was taught at a fairly young age that it's always good to have a mechanisem to keep everyone honest!

Old 26-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

Can't sleep, talking about our retirement. We are in our late 50s and will retire in a few years time. Our current combined earnings is only $150k pa and our net worth is only $2.4m. We plan to buy a one bedder in the Jurong area around the lake (for jogging) and invest the rest. I may use my CPF and cash to buy. The balance of about $1.5m will be invested to generate about $75k pa of passive income. This is more than enough for an old couple who doesn't eat much.

Old 26-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

48, married with kids

2 landed $5.2m
1 condo $1.8m
All fully paid

Cash/stocks/other investment $3m

Salary $330k, bonus $150k to $250k, banker

Comtemplating downshifting as work hours are very demanding.
Old 26-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

stupid of you to continue working. you can just stay in one property and sell the other two. can easily invest and get 5% in dividends. high chance of death due to stress. better stop working and lead a more relaxed life. you don't need to be so rich to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
48, married with kids

2 landed $5.2m
1 condo $1.8m
All fully paid

Cash/stocks/other investment $3m

Salary $330k, bonus $150k to $250k, banker

Comtemplating downshifting as work hours are very demanding.
Old 26-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

$75k pa is a lot for an old couple with no more obligation of a mortgage, kids' education. Many retirees survive with just $3k per month for food and utilities. If you don't have a maid and don't own a car, you can live comfortably. If you live in a HDB flat, you also get utilities rebates, etc. I'm 49 and retired. I sold my big terrace house and bought a small condo and invest my cash to give me reasonable passive income.

Quote:
Can't sleep, talking about our retirement. We are in our late 50s and will retire in a few years time. Our current combined earnings is only $150k pa and our net worth is only $2.4m. We plan to buy a one bedder in the Jurong area around the lake (for jogging) and invest the rest. I may use my CPF and cash to buy. The balance of about $1.5m will be invested to generate about $75k pa of passive income. This is more than enough for an old couple who doesn't eat much.

Old 26-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
stupid of you to continue working. you can just stay in one property and sell the other two. can easily invest and get 5% in dividends. high chance of death due to stress. better stop working and lead a more relaxed life. you don't need to be so rich to retire.
Not nice. Give each kid a landed and stay in condo.
Old 26-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not nice. Give each kid a landed and stay in condo.
Stop pampering the youngsters! You are making them weak and soft. Let them work hard, get their BTO and then upgrade to a condo by themselves. You should donate your wealth to the poor, cripppled and needy. They need your money more than your spoilt kids.
Old 26-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlad View Post
i'm sure you are very 'popular' around parties......not as a person but as an ATM to pay for the drinks....who doesn't like that?

Good luck. I'm sure the Foie Gras for breakfast taste great. I'm sure you feel great demeaning others as well. And I'm sure your kids will turns out to be great person (as you) with all the expensive education you can afford him/her.

I actually like to do a more thorough psychological analysis of the rich...and how their interaction & perspective with the world as a whole. Do they behave differently on the internet vs the real life? Does the anonymity of the internet shows their real demeaning character? Do they behave that way in real life? Are their concept of shame different from the 'peasants'? Will everyone change their behaviour once they accumulated a certain amount of wealth? Is this nature or nurtured? Interested to know that for profiling purposes.
So you must be the party banger who hangs around looking for free drinks. haha. sorry, but i don't usually have the time for young big talking people like you. The rich mix with the rich. Doubt if you are really trying to find wealthy people to participate in a survey from an unqualified pop psychology wannabe. You are really just trying to insult rich people with thinly disguised questions. I only enjoy demeaning and insulting frauds like you.

My problem with you is that you are a young person who hasn't made it yet, but wants to tell the people who have made it how they should behave. Why don't you try to be successful first before you tell people how to behave. Don't be disappointed when your carefully "nurtured" kids end up either delinquents or like the arrogant rich people you seem to hate. You are clearly too young a parent to know it's the luck of the draw. Hopefully at least, they don't end up with your brand of judgmental conduct.
Old 27-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlad View Post
it's like a parent quickly judging and demeaning his/her child if the child flunk the exams....Good in sports and arts? Who cares!!! You need to be good in english & math to be 'successful' in life!!!
Sounds like you excelled in sports and arts but flunked english and maths :P

No matter how much you try to psycho your kids with your morals, they will be what they will be