Whats your net worth - Page 168 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth




Whats your net worth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1671 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlad View Post
this is cool.............but erm.....do you really need to post it? It's bordering on 'showing off'....
Depends on your perspective. If you're another millionaire, its interesting to see what UBS sends and compare it to the introductory letter you got for your private bank. If you haven't made it yet, but hope to make it, it's interesting to see something which you aspire for. If you are in the class which probably won't make it, or young and won't see it for 20 years, you might think it's showing off. Haha

Reply With Quote
  #1672 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on your perspective. If you're another millionaire, its interesting to see what UBS sends and compare it to the introductory letter you got for your private bank. If you haven't made it yet, but hope to make it, it's interesting to see something which you aspire for. If you are in the class which probably won't make it, or young and won't see it for 20 years, you might think it's showing off. Haha
What a tosser. Proof that money can't buy you class.

Reply With Quote
  #1673 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not pissed. I just like whacking online useless people like you who cannot make it and delude themselves into thinking that they are fine. In fact, you are useless, good for nothing, can't make it.
Are you the $15m wannabe? You are very good at being a wannabe and telling lies online to make you feel like you made it to the UHN group.. Well done, you are extremely good at it.. keep it up..

Reply With Quote
  #1674 (permalink)  
Old 24-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default dont understand

I don't really understand why people do not want to learn the art of investing in speculative stocks, buying low and selling super duper high. As the saying goes, it takes money to make more money. So I don't get it why do people keep tons of cash in the bank when all they need is just a fraction of the amount at a time or even for an emergency. If without learning the art of playing speculative stocks, my net worth would frankly be roughly only 50k but its in cash. An example would be plowing money in the speculative stock called Blumont, I frankly 'invested' 15k in it but took profit at one of its peak prices and the amount skyrocketed to 180k as the stock was more than a ten bagger. Net worth this year thus increased by 60%. Year on year. Last year I made lots of money speculating in the us biotech stock industry. The risk is low as the stock is cheap. But the returns are super, duper high.
Reply With Quote
  #1675 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What a tosser. Proof that money can't buy you class.
Having class is the concept of the middle class.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1676 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't really understand why people do not want to learn the art of investing in speculative stocks, buying low and selling super duper high. As the saying goes, it takes money to make more money. So I don't get it why do people keep tons of cash in the bank when all they need is just a fraction of the amount at a time or even for an emergency. If without learning the art of playing speculative stocks, my net worth would frankly be roughly only 50k but its in cash. An example would be plowing money in the speculative stock called Blumont, I frankly 'invested' 15k in it but took profit at one of its peak prices and the amount skyrocketed to 180k as the stock was more than a ten bagger. Net worth this year thus increased by 60%. Year on year. Last year I made lots of money speculating in the us biotech stock industry. The risk is low as the stock is cheap. But the returns are super, duper high.
I think the difference is that some of the people around here. Have $15m rather than $15k to invest. Hence, if they get 5% yield from a REIT, its already $750K in dividends for them doing nothing, while you have to time the market otherwise your $180K turns back into $15k.
Reply With Quote

  #1677 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlad View Post
this is cool.............but erm.....do you really need to post it? It's bordering on 'showing off'....
For pete's sake, the guy already drives around in a car that costs more than your HDB flat. Do you think it's a problem for him?
Reply With Quote
  #1678 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 50
lordlad is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not pissed. I just like whacking online useless people like you who cannot make it and delude themselves into thinking that they are fine. In fact, you are useless, good for nothing, can't make it.
whoa whoa whoa......easy there buddy.....

you seems to be extreme in your views....

it's like a parent quickly judging and demeaning his/her child if the child flunk the exams....Good in sports and arts? Who cares!!! You need to be good in english & math to be 'successful' in life!!!

you need to know the world is round. You may be holier than thou and 'successful' than 99% of the ppl around but to demean others but calling them "you are useless, good for nothing, can't make it." That doesn't show your sophistication as a character despite your 'success'.

I'm sure you have heard the chinese saying..."莫欺少年穷". Just need to remember the world is round.
Reply With Quote
  #1679 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 50
lordlad is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Having class is the concept of the middle class.
i'm sure you are very 'popular' around parties......not as a person but as an ATM to pay for the drinks....who doesn't like that?

Good luck. I'm sure the Foie Gras for breakfast taste great. I'm sure you feel great demeaning others as well. And I'm sure your kids will turns out to be great person (as you) with all the expensive education you can afford him/her.

I actually like to do a more thorough psychological analysis of the rich...and how their interaction & perspective with the world as a whole. Do they behave differently on the internet vs the real life? Does the anonymity of the internet shows their real demeaning character? Do they behave that way in real life? Are their concept of shame different from the 'peasants'? Will everyone change their behaviour once they accumulated a certain amount of wealth? Is this nature or nurtured? Interested to know that for profiling purposes.

Last edited by lordlad; 25-10-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1680 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2013, 11:58 PM
dives
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
Hmm ..... so much doubts and frustrations.

Anyway, keep focused and you will get there, ..... eventually.

Here's how UBS does it .....
Thanks for that very interesting, like the attention to detail right down to the pen
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
net wealth, net worth, networth

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark It Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 15 20-06-2013 02:58 PM
legal profession not worth it? alarme Income and Jobs 3 05-04-2010 03:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,010 Replies, 3,343,309 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 58,990 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,960 Replies, 1,402,375 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 290,223 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,695 Replies, 1,056,570 Views
Covid-related job opportunities...
5 Replies, 300 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,110 Replies, 867,550 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
200 Replies, 41,940 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,563 Replies, 2,116,578 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 9,419 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 146,363 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,855 Replies, 1,240,558 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,306 Replies, 319,681 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 603,266 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,017 Replies, 1,891,400 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 241,829 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,161 Replies, 6,220,248 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 205,181 Views
How long does uob get back to you...
8 Replies, 1,424 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,877 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 184,220 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,877 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,676 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 6,075 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 74 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,184 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,488 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,580 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 82 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2