Compare civil service salary - Page 603 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6021 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ok but not great. I earned the same as you at 32, and by then my wife and i already owned a d11 condo fully paid up and had $400K in cash (due to some earlier astute investment). I'm still in my 30s but my earning last year was $240K basic plus close to $100K bonus. We work in banking and finance.
Don't be so hao lian ok?

Reply With Quote
  #6022 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ok but not great. I earned the same as you at 32, and by then my wife and i already owned a d11 condo fully paid up and had $400K in cash (due to some earlier astute investment). I'm still in my 30s but my earning last year was $240K basic plus close to $100K bonus. We work in banking and finance.
Well done, keep it up! Someone give this couple a greater earner award! Maybe can be advertising for XXX insurance company and declaring early retirement now!



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #6023 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well done, keep it up! Someone give this couple a greater earner award! Maybe can be advertising for XXX insurance company and declaring early retirement now!
Haha well said.

Reply With Quote
  #6024 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i notice my salary got increase a bit because of mvc... what is that?
Reply With Quote
  #6025 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i notice my salary got increase a bit because of mvc... what is that?
MVC is monthly variable component
Reply With Quote
  #6026 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2016, 10:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Comparing is aimless and endless if everyone and our opportunities are different over time. When I graduated in 92, my first monthly pay was $1400 (I was in private sector, MNC) then, it was compatible with the cs. 12months later, I had a pay hike of $1000. Back then it was really worthy to sing about...out of 600 applications only 4 eventually were chosen. That was 23 years ago. But seriously, now hearing all these talk and expression of earnings, where are we heading? What's the purpose? I learn meaningful use of money for self and others and comfort in lifestyle is just what it takes to live a satisfactory life.
Reply With Quote

  #6027 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MVC is monthly variable component
whats that and how it works in layman terms?
Reply With Quote
  #6028 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Comparing is aimless and endless if everyone and our opportunities are different over time. When I graduated in 92, my first monthly pay was $1400 (I was in private sector, MNC) then, it was compatible with the cs. 12months later, I had a pay hike of $1000. Back then it was really worthy to sing about...out of 600 applications only 4 eventually were chosen. That was 23 years ago. But seriously, now hearing all these talk and expression of earnings, where are we heading? What's the purpose? I learn meaningful use of money for self and others and comfort in lifestyle is just what it takes to live a satisfactory life.
People are curious where they stand and they like to compare to their peers, or that they want to know how much they will be getting before the official news.

By the way, you are given a choice to read or not to read. If it does not suit your taste, read somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #6029 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
People are curious where they stand and they like to compare to their peers, or that they want to know how much they will be getting before the official news.

By the way, you are given a choice to read or not to read. If it does not suit your taste, read somewhere else.
agree with you. We come to this forum to verify if we are short changed in various industry with respective experience.
Reply With Quote
  #6030 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ok but not great. I earned the same as you at 32, and by then my wife and i already owned a d11 condo fully paid up and had $400K in cash (due to some earlier astute investment). I'm still in my 30s but my earning last year was $240K basic plus close to $100K bonus. We work in banking and finance.
You are great but not fantastic. I earned the same as you in my 30s, and by then i already singly owned a d11 bangalow fully paid up and had $800K in cash (due to alot of earlier astute investments). I'm just past my 30s but my earning last year was $480K basic plus close to $200K bonus. I don't even work in banking and finance.

Yes, you did not ask me for comparison. Neither did the fellow you compared yourself to.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,815 Replies, 1,057,110 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,568 Replies, 1,250,743 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,002 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,294 Replies, 234,206 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
922 Replies, 739,038 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,656 Replies, 5,445,779 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 62,101 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 11,723 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 113,624 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,155 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,699 Replies, 2,380,005 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
2 Replies, 977 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 26 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 4,173 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 23,544 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 240,207 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,199 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 45,907 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,710 Replies, 779,721 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 879,102 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,207 Replies, 1,858,366 Views
Dentist Salary
7 Replies, 6,031 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,332 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 21,170 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 81,589 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
803 Replies, 533,474 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,315 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,974 Replies, 917,266 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 13,491 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,492 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2