How much are you earning per annum? - Page 85 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #841 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cousin's mum do secretarial work in the bank. Introduced me via email and asked him to give me career advice. Since I worked in the area, met him for lunch. I was doing operations for long time.. pay was very low and no promotion.

He was looking for junior guy so gave me a job. Just lucky I guess.
great sharing!

Reply With Quote
  #842 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

2006 - 40950
2007 - 49140
2008 - 54990
2009 - 68000
2010 - 77700
2011 - 88500

Reply With Quote
  #843 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 02:56 AM
Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

32 years old
More than 7 years experience in Media industry
MBA
2nd Class Upper Hons degree

Position: Country Head / Managing Director for Singapore Office
Company: Australia MNC Media Agency with 4 office locations worldwide

Gross Monthly Salary / month (excluding Commissions): SGD$16,000

13th month AWS included

How do I rate with my peers my age?

Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #844 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2006 - 40950
2007 - 49140
2008 - 54990
2009 - 68000
2010 - 77700
2011 - 88500
Please provide:

Type of degree, (engineering, banking, financial.....)
What class of honours
With NS or no NS
Private sector or Government sector
What is your job industry

Reply With Quote
  #845 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
32 years old
More than 7 years experience in Media industry
MBA
2nd Class Upper Hons degree

Position: Country Head / Managing Director for Singapore Office
Company: Australia MNC Media Agency with 4 office locations worldwide

Gross Monthly Salary / month (excluding Commissions): SGD$16,000

13th month AWS included

How do I rate with my peers my age?

Thanks
In my humble opinion, 16K per month @ 32 yrs old is amazing. Top 10%, maybe 5%, of your cohort.

It would also be an unbelievable achievement, if you're a S'pore boy with NS.

Kudos to you!

Please tell me you are driving a BMW or some other German car. hahahaha...
Reply With Quote
  #846 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cousin's mum do secretarial work in the bank. Introduced me via email and asked him to give me career advice. Since I worked in the area, met him for lunch. I was doing operations for long time.. pay was very low and no promotion.

He was looking for junior guy so gave me a job. Just lucky I guess.
I wish my cousin's mum do secretarial work in a bank.

All the best in your future endeavors!
Reply With Quote

  #847 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Think you all should not take this thread seriously... it only makes people feeling "unbalance" with their own salary....

Your salary is highly dependent on industry, role, experience, education, opportunities (some call it luck).....

If you want to compare, you will never be happy cause there will always be someone better or higher.

Think about your own contribution to the company. How much money are you making for the company and what do you think you should be paid.. surely you cannot be making more than what you contribute...

At the end of the day, try to be contented... contentment is the first step to happiness..
Reply With Quote
  #848 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In my humble opinion, 16K per month @ 32 yrs old is amazing. Top 10%, maybe 5%, of your cohort.

It would also be an unbelievable achievement, if you're a S'pore boy with NS.

Kudos to you!

Please tell me you are driving a BMW or some other German car. hahahaha...
Thanks but I will strive to get much more.

I am looking to hit SGD$20K before or when I reach 35 years at least.

I am driving a Maserati GranTurismo S

I don't fancy BMW because they are too common here
Reply With Quote
  #849 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

16k a month and driving a half a million dollars car? (Maserati GranTurismo S is around that price.

Either you are very unwise with your money or ......

16k is a lot but not that much... I earn 14k a month and i drive a 160k Audi Q5 bought when COE was much lower... By today's COE, I would not have bought my Audi cause it is more than 200k but probably settle for something lower end....

If you really earning 16k, look at property and not ex. cars.. cars are liabilities and you are just throwing away money...

BS or Reality, I leave it to you guys to do the numbers...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Thanks but I will strive to get much more.

I am looking to hit SGD$20K before or when I reach 35 years at least.

I am driving a Maserati GranTurismo S

I don't fancy BMW because they are too common here
Reply With Quote
  #850 (permalink)  
Old 23-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
16k a month and driving a half a million dollars car? (Maserati GranTurismo S is around that price.

Either you are very unwise with your money or ......

16k is a lot but not that much... I earn 14k a month and i drive a 160k Audi Q5 bought when COE was much lower... By today's COE, I would not have bought my Audi cause it is more than 200k but probably settle for something lower end....

If you really earning 16k, look at property and not ex. cars.. cars are liabilities and you are just throwing away money...

BS or Reality, I leave it to you guys to do the numbers...
Can I ask how old are u?

I know GranTurismo S is hefty as a car investment but by owning it, I will need to constantly work smarter harder.

There are lots more people my age who earns same or higher salary than me ... some drives BMWs, Audis or Ferraris.

Are u also in media industry or other industry?

I will like to share & improve to be better

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
391 Replies, 251,540 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,642 Replies, 2,619,910 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
2 Replies, 1,451 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 2,103 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 4,294 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,296 Replies, 909,675 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
165 Replies, 77,385 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 8,769 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,794 Replies, 273,889 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,196 Replies, 973,133 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,066 Replies, 1,287,059 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,671 Replies, 1,610,411 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,119 Replies, 5,592,034 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
690 Replies, 212,537 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 13,441 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,673 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,635 Replies, 784,699 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
396 Replies, 288,331 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 14,581 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 22,521 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
462 Replies, 88,375 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 3,099 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,091 Replies, 500,963 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,298 Replies, 1,910,573 Views
Ceca
2 Replies, 290 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
378 Replies, 335,202 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 993 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,916 Replies, 1,086,835 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 93,096 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 565,490 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2