How much are you earning per annum? - Page 554 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5531 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Late forties middle class couple, makes $210k pa in total. Upgraded from 4 room flat to a condo in 2006, paid only $600k for condo. Now fully paid up, latest valuation $1.2m. Bought a car in 2009, now fully paid up. We plan to retire in our sixties. By then, our children would have grown up and married. The condo may be too big for just the two of us, may sell and move to a one bedroom condo. Easier to maintain. We can then invest the cash balance in good stocks and earn the dividends. Our retirement spending should not cost so much since it will be just a two persons household and we also intend to sell our car by then. The most we will spend would be $3k pm to buy food and pay for utilities, medical, holidays, etc. To fund our retirement, we will get income from our CPF Life and dividends.

Reply With Quote
  #5532 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Really waste of time and bandwidth talking about other people's profession and earning power.

So what if Tom, Dick and Harry are bankers, engineers, lawyers, doctors or what have you. What this forum is about is what YOU are earning.

Kudos to those who shared their income and net worth.

So can we keep to the topic? If not, please go elsewhere.
You started to attack the 5m net worth engineer first..
So, you were the one wasted the bandwidth and forumers have to endure your nonsense here...

Reply With Quote
  #5533 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Banker vs engineer?

Of course banker wins

Reply With Quote
  #5534 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default get back to topic

lets get back to topic.

i earn 135k per annum, 26 this year, bonus not included.

cant seem to save much because i splurge on models and bottles, treat friends when i go out etc.

rather messed up cos i dont qualify for BTO.
Reply With Quote
  #5535 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

why do you splurge on models? isn't your wife to be not jealous that you spend on models? these pretty models would make her jealous, right? unless she is open minded about you dating other women.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lets get back to topic.

i earn 135k per annum, 26 this year, bonus not included.

cant seem to save much because i splurge on models and bottles, treat friends when i go out etc.

rather messed up cos i dont qualify for BTO.
Reply With Quote
  #5536 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cat A may drop to $20k level in 2015. Cat B may drop to $25k level.

All the engineers will be very happy to be able to renew their COEs for another 10 years, they bought their cars very cheap in 2005 and 2006.

The bankers can buy new cars for each of their family members - one for wife, one for son, one for daughter, one for old father, and one for the maid to go shopping.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here is good news for all the budget conscious engineers

Property market is falling
Stock market is falling
COE supply shooting to the roof

Next year and in 2016, COE price will crash
Engineers, you can then happily renew the COE for your 10 year old car
No need to buy new car because you engineers can repair your old car yourselves since you are so smart
Reply With Quote

  #5537 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why do you splurge on models? isn't your wife to be not jealous that you spend on models? these pretty models would make her jealous, right? unless she is open minded about you dating other women.
i am 26.... not married, havent been working for that long.
Reply With Quote
  #5538 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 26.... not married, havent been working for that long.
What's your net worth?
Reply With Quote
  #5539 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You started to attack the 5m net worth engineer first..
So, you were the one wasted the bandwidth and forumers have to endure your nonsense here...
He is not contributing to this thread at all.. get lost..
Reply With Quote
  #5540 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You have done very well. To own and live in a private condo is a big achievement in Singapore. And to own it in full with no more loan is a super big achievement. I noticed you bought it at a right time. That is why timing the market is a very important skill. Now is a bad time to buy, good time to sell. Property prices are now falling, esp HDB flats and landed properties.

You are also practical with your retirement. Yes, there is no need to have a car when you're retired. Since you are moving to a one bedroom unit, I suggest you get a unit next to an MRT station. Look at the Jurong area as that precint is the new downtown. Some Jurong condos which are next to the MRT station are J Gateway (next to JE MRT station), Caspian and Lakefront Residences (next to Lakeside MRT station).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Late forties middle class couple, makes $210k pa in total. Upgraded from 4 room flat to a condo in 2006, paid only $600k for condo. Now fully paid up, latest valuation $1.2m. Bought a car in 2009, now fully paid up. We plan to retire in our sixties. By then, our children would have grown up and married. The condo may be too big for just the two of us, may sell and move to a one bedroom condo. Easier to maintain. We can then invest the cash balance in good stocks and earn the dividends. Our retirement spending should not cost so much since it will be just a two persons household and we also intend to sell our car by then. The most we will spend would be $3k pm to buy food and pay for utilities, medical, holidays, etc. To fund our retirement, we will get income from our CPF Life and dividends.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much does NTUC... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 840 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
365 Replies, 206,762 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,024 Replies, 1,894,555 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,032 Replies, 3,351,423 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
472 Replies, 148,145 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
442 Replies, 291,086 Views
Low Paying Stable Job vs High...
8 Replies, 686 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,864 Replies, 1,243,787 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,177 Replies, 6,229,577 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 185,280 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
403 Replies, 13,014 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,116 Replies, 869,492 Views
Covid-related job opportunities...
8 Replies, 524 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 38,007 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
1 Replies, 132 Views
Assistant Director considered as...
3 Replies, 1,148 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,700 Replies, 1,058,262 Views
How long does uob get back to you... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,676 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 1,405,063 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 16,784 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 6,820 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,564 Replies, 2,119,081 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 320,957 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 118,097 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 59,272 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
200 Replies, 42,778 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 604,132 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 242,365 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,912 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 37,192 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2