How much are you earning per annum? - Page 150 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1491 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat View Post
Is there any good executive recruiter who can help me out on this?
Who pays 300k or 400k sgd? Is it financial company or non-financial company?
I would like to settle down in Singapore before the school starts for my kids.

Any input is appreciated.
Would you like to try software engineer in ST engineering?

But one of my father's friends in this company, close to 20 years exp, only getting around sgd$7k per month, he is a degree holder....max annual salary slightly less than 140K

Reply With Quote
  #1492 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimeCity View Post
Loser... if u have a degree

Not bad if everything else.

Remove the top 5% that is.
So what if you earn 300K? Still can't retire unless you work at least another 20 years right? Also a loser in my opinion

Reply With Quote
  #1493 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat View Post
Is there any good executive recruiter who can help me out on this?
Who pays 300k or 400k sgd? Is it financial company or non-financial company?
I would like to settle down in Singapore before the school starts for my kids.

Any input is appreciated.
They are bluffing you. You can easily get 600k with your qualifications.

[email protected] - they will be very happy to help you get a job!

Reply With Quote
  #1494 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
venkat is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you so much. I just can't u/stand why people have to bluff. Is this forum, not for a meaningful exchange of information? It's another type of "spam attack" through anonymous. Hope Admin take a note of this. It doesn't help the forum owner at all.

Lot of immaturity in people who put $300k sgd and $400 sgd, which has no value to any one.

@anonymous, your every effort should help others, not make fool of yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #1495 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Millionaire Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 49
Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat View Post
Thank you so much. I just can't u/stand why people have to bluff. Is this forum, not for a meaningful exchange of information? It's another type of "spam attack" through anonymous. Hope Admin take a note of this. It doesn't help the forum owner at all.

Lot of immaturity in people who put $300k sgd and $400 sgd, which has no value to any one.

@anonymous, your every effort should help others, not make fool of yourself.
Come on, I believe you are a foreigner coming here in search of jobs, get real! It is only normal that most locals would not welcome you and not share meaningful information with you, you are just another foreign job seeker and competitor, we have enough foreigners here, in fact we are trying so hard to get rid of some useless free-rider ones!

You would behave the same way in your own country if foreigners come knocking to compete with you for jobs....wake up man!
Reply With Quote
  #1496 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Take it easy bro. Government says we must integrate with foreigners. I remember PM Lee also said foreigners create good jobs for citizens, so we must be grateful to them.

Venkat, what's your question again?
Reply With Quote

  #1497 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Ki Long Piah Lah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat View Post
Thank you so much. I just can't u/stand why people have to bluff. Is this forum, not for a meaningful exchange of information? It's another type of "spam attack" through anonymous. Hope Admin take a note of this. It doesn't help the forum owner at all.

Lot of immaturity in people who put $300k sgd and $400 sgd, which has no value to any one.

@anonymous, your every effort should help others, not make fool of yourself.
Venkat I apologize for the immaturity of my countrymen. The ones who put 300k and 400k were just trying to cause trouble. With 20 years of experience and US citizenship you should definitely ask for 600k per annum.

Sorry again. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #1498 (permalink)  
Old 18-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Millionaire Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 49
Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Take it easy bro. Government says we must integrate with foreigners. I remember PM Lee also said foreigners create good jobs for citizens, so we must be grateful to them.

Venkat, what's your question again?
Have you got no brains? Everything listen to the government???

Venkat, we are a country of immature people, so you are not welcomed here, please look for your job elsewhere.........please
Reply With Quote
  #1499 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default What the Hell?

WOW! Singaporeans have such wishful thinking! Half of these guys posting on this forum claiming excess of 100k per annum are in my opinion practically jobless. How many IB associates or "high income earners" have the time to even post on this forum? They don't even have time to sip a cup of coffee.

About Me
Gas Trader at Shell
Graduated in 2008 from NUS with 2nd Upper (4.2 CAP) and was my First Job
2008 - 2009 48K + 2K bonus
2009 - 2010 56K + 7.5K bonus
2010 - 2011 56K + 4K bonus

Almost all of my colleagues with similar experience earn in this range and even the increments are proportionate. I work 10 hour days on average and 16 hour days occasionally (once a month). I am 27 this year. And I am happy with my pay honestly. I have spoken to many friends of mine both in the civil service and finance industries. The highest income earner for last year among our friends was an insurance agent for 8 years and his income was 190k but even he admitted it was a very lucky year and would be hard to sustain such a payscale for long. The rest of them are not far off from what I earn as well.

And to be honest, me with my 'low' income already had trouble getting a hdb house with my future wife because we crossed the income ceiling set by hdb. We eventually got our application approved with the help of our MP, but still, even with my low income I did not meet the criteria for a hdb flat, I wonder how all these guys that claim to earn such high pay scales manage to slip under the radar! Also with such high pay scales do these guys skip reservist??

I really wish these guys who make such elaborate claims really do land the jobs that they 'dream' of and also wish people would be more honest on these forums.
Reply With Quote
  #1500 (permalink)  
Old 21-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WOW! Singaporeans have such wishful thinking! Half of these guys posting on this forum claiming excess of 100k per annum are in my opinion practically jobless. How many IB associates or "high income earners" have the time to even post on this forum? They don't even have time to sip a cup of coffee.

About Me
Gas Trader at Shell
Graduated in 2008 from NUS with 2nd Upper (4.2 CAP) and was my First Job
2008 - 2009 48K + 2K bonus
2009 - 2010 56K + 7.5K bonus
2010 - 2011 56K + 4K bonus

Almost all of my colleagues with similar experience earn in this range and even the increments are proportionate. I work 10 hour days on average and 16 hour days occasionally (once a month). I am 27 this year. And I am happy with my pay honestly. I have spoken to many friends of mine both in the civil service and finance industries. The highest income earner for last year among our friends was an insurance agent for 8 years and his income was 190k but even he admitted it was a very lucky year and would be hard to sustain such a payscale for long. The rest of them are not far off from what I earn as well.

And to be honest, me with my 'low' income already had trouble getting a hdb house with my future wife because we crossed the income ceiling set by hdb. We eventually got our application approved with the help of our MP, but still, even with my low income I did not meet the criteria for a hdb flat, I wonder how all these guys that claim to earn such high pay scales manage to slip under the radar! Also with such high pay scales do these guys skip reservist??

I really wish these guys who make such elaborate claims really do land the jobs that they 'dream' of and also wish people would be more honest on these forums.
I believe your role is trading analyst or operator/scheduler, rather than a trader which takes a longer gestation period to become one. Do you have a revenue target to meet? Anyway, I havent heard of gas trading in Singapore (is it LPG or LNG?), as the physical markets here focus on the distillates, heavy or crude.

Comparatively, an equivalent of a trader role in JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley or Goldman Sachs get much higher salary and bonus.

Having said that, you are still young, and once you go through the apprenticeship phase and if you excel in your role, your salary will very easily more double or triple in your prime at early 30s - if not, Glencore, trafigura, statoil, koch will come knocking your door to hire you.

The base for IB associates posted here are quite real, but bonus this year has taken a beating, down by 40%.

Many couples both working in IB in early 30s are getting $1.5-2m condo as their matrimony home. 200k base at this stage of their lives is quite common among the IBers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
466 Replies, 147,772 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,116 Replies, 869,282 Views
Covid-related job opportunities...
8 Replies, 486 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,862 Replies, 1,243,116 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,021 Replies, 1,893,916 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,176 Replies, 6,228,147 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 37,874 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
1 Replies, 112 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
369 Replies, 12,374 Views
Assistant Director considered as...
3 Replies, 1,106 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
176 Replies, 184,957 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,700 Replies, 1,058,046 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,031 Replies, 3,350,420 Views
How long does uob get back to you... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,653 Views
How much does NTUC... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 765 Views
Low Paying Stable Job vs High...
7 Replies, 638 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 1,404,806 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 16,739 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 6,764 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
360 Replies, 206,378 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
441 Replies, 291,013 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,564 Replies, 2,118,862 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 320,801 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 118,034 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 59,249 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
200 Replies, 42,678 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 604,082 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 242,308 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,908 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 37,126 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2