Different rank in local banks - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Different rank in local banks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
edison is on a distinguished road
Default Different rank in local banks

Hi all,

i had search through the forum and found that there is rank or pay structure across there local banks and most value rank(Company) within the same rank?
and discuss about AWS or incentive or allowance

Can anyone summarize or share the structure in this 3 banks?

OCBC:
associate->senior associate->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)-VP(1,2)-Director

UOB
AM->Manager(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->VP(1,2) -Director

DBS
associate->senior associate->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)-VP(1,2)-Director

Thanks
Edison


Last edited by edison; 22-03-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What the bonus like for local banks' ops and mid office? anyone can shed some light as well?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edison View Post
Hi all,

i had search through the forum and found that there is rank or pay structure across there local banks and most value rank(Company) within the same rank?
and discuss about AWS or incentive or allowance

Can anyone summarize or share the structure in this 3 banks?

OCBC:
associate->senior associate->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)-VP(1,2)-Director

UOB
AM->Manager(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->VP(1,2) -Director

DBS
associate->senior associate->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)-VP(1,2)-Director

Thanks
Edison
Why do you need this info? What is your offer and which bank? It seems a bit silly to be looking for so much detailed info if you are just looking to apply for some jr level job in a bank.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2016, 12:49 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
edison is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why do you need this info? What is your offer and which bank? It seems a bit silly to be looking for so much detailed info if you are just looking to apply for some jr level job in a bank.
i have offer in in dbs as associate in back office....i just wanna know which bank how many years to climb to next level.
currently ocbc and uob is at 2nd round interview stage, if pass then will get the offer.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edison View Post
i have offer in in dbs as associate in back office....i just wanna know which bank how many years to climb to next level.
currently ocbc and uob is at 2nd round interview stage, if pass then will get the offer.
just go for the higher paid ones. playing politics is the key, knowing all the bank's ranks is useless imo.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just go for the higher paid ones. playing politics is the key, knowing all the bank's ranks is useless imo.
I read a bit on ranks in industries. From what I understand, in the investing industry, rank isn't that important. How people value you is the assets you managed, the significance of your work, the brand of your fund and your track record.

I sense that either in larger organizations or in the financial services, both of which UOB/DBS/OCBC is a part of, rank and title DOES matter. The reasons are that because the work there more standardized compared to investing, the rank you have will suggest more or less what you do and what you're capable of.

For example:
An analyst in Fund A could be 1) employing macro strategies, 2) hedging bond exposure, 3) researching stock for PMs, 4) optimizing trade execution.

A BO analyst in Bank A, B, C will be doing accounting for PnL. A BO associate will command x number of analyst. A VP will be finding new ways to streamline the process.

I could be wrong. But my take is that the larger the organization, the more rank matters.

What's your starting salary?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I read a bit on ranks in industries. From what I understand, in the investing industry, rank isn't that important. How people value you is the assets you managed, the significance of your work, the brand of your fund and your track record.

I sense that either in larger organizations or in the financial services, both of which UOB/DBS/OCBC is a part of, rank and title DOES matter. The reasons are that because the work there more standardized compared to investing, the rank you have will suggest more or less what you do and what you're capable of.

For example:
An analyst in Fund A could be 1) employing macro strategies, 2) hedging bond exposure, 3) researching stock for PMs, 4) optimizing trade execution.

A BO analyst in Bank A, B, C will be doing accounting for PnL. A BO associate will command x number of analyst. A VP will be finding new ways to streamline the process.

I could be wrong. But my take is that the larger the organization, the more rank matters.

What's your starting salary?
yea of course rank matters cauz pay & power depends on rank. but all the e.g. u list so far is job titles, not rank. every org will make us of job titles depend on their need. some are conservative, some anyhow inflate, some the whole co. inconsistent ad-hoc. once u go out work u will realise things are not as straight forward.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 24-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why do you need this info? What is your offer and which bank? It seems a bit silly to be looking for so much detailed info if you are just looking to apply for some jr level job in a bank.
Whats your problem? The forum serves as a site for people like him to get more information on jobs and prospects, if you have no answer to his question then save yourself the trouble and stfu.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am curious about stanchart's

They have bands (7,6,5..) and within these bands there are grades (M15,M16...)

How do they transpose to local banks?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am curious about stanchart's

They have bands (7,6,5..) and within these bands there are grades (M15,M16...)

How do they transpose to local banks?
its faster if u tell us ur current salary then somebody in scb can tell u roughly which band it is.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big 4 back-office rank & salary structure adclicko1 Income and Jobs 1 30-08-2015 11:47 AM
Technology in local banks kitkat Income and Jobs 11 02-02-2014 12:34 PM
NUS: Rank of Programme Officer vs Programme Executive darkstar Income and Jobs 0 21-01-2014 11:36 AM
IT in banks sochews Income and Jobs 7 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
NS Rank yragmc General Discussions 1 07-08-2011 01:00 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,321 Replies, 325,506 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,136 Replies, 875,415 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,085 Replies, 1,410,924 Views
Keppel Associate Programme 2018 ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,368 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,033 Replies, 1,904,070 Views
Career as a quant... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 42,693 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,056 Replies, 3,372,265 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,871 Replies, 1,251,373 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,139 Replies, 3,954,769 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,575 Replies, 2,126,485 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
532 Replies, 154,341 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
392 Replies, 211,020 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
774 Replies, 399,096 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
245 Replies, 40,434 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 8,228 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,709 Replies, 1,063,362 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 17,484 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 131,051 Views
Advice for SAF regular pls
9 Replies, 1,186 Views
Usually is it ok to HR recruiters...
5 Replies, 1,411 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 37,907 Views
OCBC mortgage specialist
3 Replies, 3,331 Views
just want to know ur opinion
0 Replies, 181 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,219 Replies, 6,254,598 Views
Salaries for Tech Product Manager
8 Replies, 2,527 Views
What course should I undertake? ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,116 Views
SIA Technical Services / Aerospace... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 9,591 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 106,065 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
526 Replies, 19,153 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
646 Replies, 482,093 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2