Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Different rank in local banks (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6939-different-rank-local-banks.html)

edison 22-03-2016 08:38 PM

Different rank in local banks

Hi all,

i had search through the forum and found that there is rank or pay structure across there local banks and most value rank(Company) within the same rank?
and discuss about AWS or incentive or allowance

Can anyone summarize or share the structure in this 3 banks?

OCBC:
associate->senior associate->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)-VP(1,2)-Director

UOB
AM->Manager(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->VP(1,2) -Director

DBS

Thanks
Edison

Unregistered 22-03-2016 11:27 PM

What the bonus like for local banks' ops and mid office? anyone can shed some light as well?

Unregistered 23-03-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edison (Post 81936)
Hi all,

i had search through the forum and found that there is rank or pay structure across there local banks and most value rank(Company) within the same rank?
and discuss about AWS or incentive or allowance

Can anyone summarize or share the structure in this 3 banks?

OCBC:

UOB
AM->Manager(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->AVP(do there have 1,2,3,4,5)->VP(1,2) -Director

DBS

Thanks
Edison

Why do you need this info? What is your offer and which bank? It seems a bit silly to be looking for so much detailed info if you are just looking to apply for some jr level job in a bank.

edison 23-03-2016 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81956)
Why do you need this info? What is your offer and which bank? It seems a bit silly to be looking for so much detailed info if you are just looking to apply for some jr level job in a bank.

i have offer in in dbs as associate in back office....i just wanna know which bank how many years to climb to next level.
currently ocbc and uob is at 2nd round interview stage, if pass then will get the offer.

Unregistered 23-03-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edison (Post 81959)
i have offer in in dbs as associate in back office....i just wanna know which bank how many years to climb to next level.
currently ocbc and uob is at 2nd round interview stage, if pass then will get the offer.

just go for the higher paid ones. playing politics is the key, knowing all the bank's ranks is useless imo.

Unregistered 23-03-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81980)
just go for the higher paid ones. playing politics is the key, knowing all the bank's ranks is useless imo.

I read a bit on ranks in industries. From what I understand, in the investing industry, rank isn't that important. How people value you is the assets you managed, the significance of your work, the brand of your fund and your track record.

I sense that either in larger organizations or in the financial services, both of which UOB/DBS/OCBC is a part of, rank and title DOES matter. The reasons are that because the work there more standardized compared to investing, the rank you have will suggest more or less what you do and what you're capable of.

For example:
An analyst in Fund A could be 1) employing macro strategies, 2) hedging bond exposure, 3) researching stock for PMs, 4) optimizing trade execution.

A BO analyst in Bank A, B, C will be doing accounting for PnL. A BO associate will command x number of analyst. A VP will be finding new ways to streamline the process.

I could be wrong. But my take is that the larger the organization, the more rank matters.

What's your starting salary?

Unregistered 23-03-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81982)
I read a bit on ranks in industries. From what I understand, in the investing industry, rank isn't that important. How people value you is the assets you managed, the significance of your work, the brand of your fund and your track record.

I sense that either in larger organizations or in the financial services, both of which UOB/DBS/OCBC is a part of, rank and title DOES matter. The reasons are that because the work there more standardized compared to investing, the rank you have will suggest more or less what you do and what you're capable of.

For example:
An analyst in Fund A could be 1) employing macro strategies, 2) hedging bond exposure, 3) researching stock for PMs, 4) optimizing trade execution.

A BO analyst in Bank A, B, C will be doing accounting for PnL. A BO associate will command x number of analyst. A VP will be finding new ways to streamline the process.

I could be wrong. But my take is that the larger the organization, the more rank matters.

What's your starting salary?

yea of course rank matters cauz pay & power depends on rank. but all the e.g. u list so far is job titles, not rank. every org will make us of job titles depend on their need. some are conservative, some anyhow inflate, some the whole co. inconsistent ad-hoc. once u go out work u will realise things are not as straight forward.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81956)

Whats your problem? The forum serves as a site for people like him to get more information on jobs and prospects, if you have no answer to his question then save yourself the trouble and stfu.

Unregistered 28-04-2016 01:41 AM

I am curious about stanchart's

They have bands (7,6,5..) and within these bands there are grades (M15,M16...)

How do they transpose to local banks?

Unregistered 28-04-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84587)
I am curious about stanchart's

They have bands (7,6,5..) and within these bands there are grades (M15,M16...)

How do they transpose to local banks?

its faster if u tell us ur current salary then somebody in scb can tell u roughly which band it is.