PA in China for SG Company - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




PA in China for SG Company

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
wiccawiz is on a distinguished road
Default PA in China for SG Company

Just curious what would be a reasonable salary package for being a personal assistant in China - for a Singapore company?

The manufacturing company that I interviewed for is open to suggestions from me but I haven't done anything like that before either.

They are covering accommodations, meals, travel insurance, and transport plus 14 days leave with me coming home to Singapore 3-4 times a year (we haven't talked about if the company or I should be paying for this part. I am assuming company).

They also have not decided if I would be signed to the Singapore company, or its counterpart in China.

I am inclined towards being signed on to the Singapore company and then have them declare the CPF, and tax (if any) for me so that I won't have to worry about it.

The most glaring thing for me here is medical insurance, because travel and medical insurance are two different things.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiccawiz View Post
Just curious what would be a reasonable salary package for being a personal assistant in China - for a Singapore company?

The manufacturing company that I interviewed for is open to suggestions from me but I haven't done anything like that before either.

They are covering accommodations, meals, travel insurance, and transport plus 14 days leave with me coming home to Singapore 3-4 times a year (we haven't talked about if the company or I should be paying for this part. I am assuming company).

They also have not decided if I would be signed to the Singapore company, or its counterpart in China.

I am inclined towards being signed on to the Singapore company and then have them declare the CPF, and tax (if any) for me so that I won't have to worry about it.

The most glaring thing for me here is medical insurance, because travel and medical insurance are two different things.
wow what kind of company gives expat terms to a PA?? well not full angmo luxurious expat terms but at least accommodation and 3-4 flights a year (with 14 days of leave only??) is a lot considering that you could get a local PA for a fraction of the cost and not to mention these young PRC girls are very charming.....

i have been on a tax-free salary in the ME before and i definitely don't "worry" about paying my income taxes to the Singapore gahment! medical insurance is no big deal if you are properly remunerated.

i find it extremely fishy.. ask the company for more details of the salary package!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
wiccawiz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow what kind of company gives expat terms to a PA?? well not full angmo luxurious expat terms but at least accommodation and 3-4 flights a year (with 14 days of leave only??) is a lot considering that you could get a local PA for a fraction of the cost and not to mention these young PRC girls are very charming.....

i have been on a tax-free salary in the ME before and i definitely don't "worry" about paying my income taxes to the Singapore gahment! medical insurance is no big deal if you are properly remunerated.

i find it extremely fishy.. ask the company for more details of the salary package!
I am still finalizing the offer with them. Trust me, I do not think that the terms are very luxurious...

That being said, I also do know that a real PA is a 24/7 job. Kind of like a butler with more admin duties. However, I also just don't want to bite off more than I can chew and then end up over there, penniless and unable to return to Singapore.

What is this tax-free salary that you are talking about? And also where is ME?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiccawiz View Post
I am still finalizing the offer with them. Trust me, I do not think that the terms are very luxurious...

That being said, I also do know that a real PA is a 24/7 job. Kind of like a butler with more admin duties. However, I also just don't want to bite off more than I can chew and then end up over there, penniless and unable to return to Singapore.

What is this tax-free salary that you are talking about? And also where is ME?
I still find it very fishy.. since there are millions of lower-cost alternatives from China..
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Take a look at the full package they proposed. I don't find it fishy at this point. Although employing local PRCs is definitely a better option, they might be looking for a Singaporean for the ease of mobility (travelling). Are you required to travel with your boss?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2015, 01:54 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
wiccawiz is on a distinguished road
Default

I do not find it fishy at all, tbh.

Yes, I am required to travel with my CEO (now going to be referred to as boss).

The proposed package so far would include accommodations (in a hostel), travel insurance, meals (I eat whatever the boss eats), and transport (company car, public transport, I don't know yet).

I would be allowed to come back 3-4 times a year, depending on my boss's schedule.

14 days of leave, 1 year of service = 1 more day of AL, up to a maximum of 18 days. Not that I would be using it too much I think...

NO overseas allowance. basic that they are giving now is S$2500.

If I am out-stationed within China or out of China (except for SG), I would be paid according to the standard calculations of the China office (I don't know what this means, and also they mentioned that it is complicated and too much to be explained in a text message).

For accommodations, the rep mentioned that I would be allocated in a hostel. And with that, she referred to Taizhou. I have never been in a hostel before so it is difficult for me to judge living conditions like common or attached bathroom. They did mentioned that each hostel has a washing machine. Looking at the sentence structure, I am assuming it is a shared machine.

I will also be given a work phone, so no mobile phone allowances there.

I will also not be given work equipment as well. I am just weird out since they need me to coordinate stuff for the boss man.

They suggested that I take 50% of the pay in SGD and the remainder in RMB. When I asked of the salary can be negotiated, and what about CPF, the question was put on reserver and I was deferred to meeting up with the CEO first.

On the job ad, it was indicated that the amount that they are willing to pay is 'Above Expected Salary', and my expected salary on the site is S$2700. Was I a little misled here or are HRs not bothered (be it their ad or my expected)?

Last edited by wiccawiz; 03-02-2015 at 01:57 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
Workaholic is on a distinguished road
Default

Meet up with the CEO first then keep us posted.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've seen so many ang moh PAs in Singapore (working for ang moh bosses in ang moh companies) with expat packages so I don't find this fishy at all.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've seen so many ang moh PAs in Singapore (working for ang moh bosses in ang moh companies) with expat packages so I don't find this fishy at all.
I think it is more likely that they are trailing spouses and not on expat packages, but then again who knows?

While it is possible I don't think any company with prudent practices will second a PA on expat terms unless you are for the owner/founder/chairman/president of some MNC or a tycoon/billionare. Budget and work visa quotas are simply better allocated to execs who can contribute to management, revenue and governance.

Not to disparage the TS, but I'm just saying be weary and negotiate smartly. All the best and hope that the offer works out.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think it is more likely that they are trailing spouses and not on expat packages, but then again who knows?
Not in my company. The PA gets a car too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting MBBS/MD in China and practise in USA/Singapore? ravonboy Education and Personal Growth 14 20-01-2021 02:15 PM
Chinese Taobao agent,from China by sea and by air to Singapore door-to-door tom2014 Market Talk 3 16-07-2015 10:12 AM
why salary is different, because we are from china? bosonee General Discussions 3 22-02-2013 07:04 PM
Principal and Pre-School Teachers required in Ningbo, China hrjobsopp Marketplace and Find Work 0 25-09-2012 05:26 PM
What attracts you to a company? glitterz Income and Jobs 6 14-08-2012 12:17 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 17,047 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,136 Replies, 3,949,094 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
381 Replies, 208,747 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
496 Replies, 16,660 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,196 Replies, 6,241,105 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,121 Replies, 871,602 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 27,044 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,570 Replies, 2,122,085 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
241 Replies, 38,771 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 6,718 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,039 Replies, 3,359,819 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,870 Replies, 1,247,293 Views
Assistant Director considered as... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,538 Views
Salaries for Tech Product Manager
1 Replies, 2,158 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
503 Replies, 150,794 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,070 Replies, 1,407,914 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 28,081 Views
How much does influencers make...
3 Replies, 607 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
141 Replies, 7,779 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,027 Replies, 1,898,004 Views
Private Degree accepted in Govt... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 21,823 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 76,848 Views
Getting funded for university
3 Replies, 2,668 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,703 Replies, 1,060,343 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 3,147 Views
Usually is it ok to HR recruiters...
4 Replies, 1,208 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
186 Replies, 53,670 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
185 Replies, 186,559 Views
Getting MBBS/MD in China and... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 13,329 Views
Covid-related job opportunities... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 827 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2