Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   PA in China for SG Company (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4974-pa-china-sg-company.html)

wiccawiz 02-02-2015 02:49 PM

PA in China for SG Company

Just curious what would be a reasonable salary package for being a personal assistant in China - for a Singapore company?

The manufacturing company that I interviewed for is open to suggestions from me but I haven't done anything like that before either.

They are covering accommodations, meals, travel insurance, and transport plus 14 days leave with me coming home to Singapore 3-4 times a year (we haven't talked about if the company or I should be paying for this part. I am assuming company).

They also have not decided if I would be signed to the Singapore company, or its counterpart in China.

I am inclined towards being signed on to the Singapore company and then have them declare the CPF, and tax (if any) for me so that I won't have to worry about it.

The most glaring thing for me here is medical insurance, because travel and medical insurance are two different things.

Unregistered 02-02-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiccawiz (Post 62189)
Just curious what would be a reasonable salary package for being a personal assistant in China - for a Singapore company?

The manufacturing company that I interviewed for is open to suggestions from me but I haven't done anything like that before either.

They are covering accommodations, meals, travel insurance, and transport plus 14 days leave with me coming home to Singapore 3-4 times a year (we haven't talked about if the company or I should be paying for this part. I am assuming company).

They also have not decided if I would be signed to the Singapore company, or its counterpart in China.

I am inclined towards being signed on to the Singapore company and then have them declare the CPF, and tax (if any) for me so that I won't have to worry about it.

The most glaring thing for me here is medical insurance, because travel and medical insurance are two different things.

wow what kind of company gives expat terms to a PA?? well not full angmo luxurious expat terms but at least accommodation and 3-4 flights a year (with 14 days of leave only??) is a lot considering that you could get a local PA for a fraction of the cost and not to mention these young PRC girls are very charming.....

i have been on a tax-free salary in the ME before and i definitely don't "worry" about paying my income taxes to the Singapore gahment! medical insurance is no big deal if you are properly remunerated.

i find it extremely fishy.. ask the company for more details of the salary package!

wiccawiz 02-02-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62192)
wow what kind of company gives expat terms to a PA?? well not full angmo luxurious expat terms but at least accommodation and 3-4 flights a year (with 14 days of leave only??) is a lot considering that you could get a local PA for a fraction of the cost and not to mention these young PRC girls are very charming.....

i have been on a tax-free salary in the ME before and i definitely don't "worry" about paying my income taxes to the Singapore gahment! medical insurance is no big deal if you are properly remunerated.

i find it extremely fishy.. ask the company for more details of the salary package!

I am still finalizing the offer with them. Trust me, I do not think that the terms are very luxurious...

That being said, I also do know that a real PA is a 24/7 job. Kind of like a butler with more admin duties. However, I also just don't want to bite off more than I can chew and then end up over there, penniless and unable to return to Singapore.

What is this tax-free salary that you are talking about? And also where is ME?

Unregistered 02-02-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiccawiz (Post 62193)
I am still finalizing the offer with them. Trust me, I do not think that the terms are very luxurious...

That being said, I also do know that a real PA is a 24/7 job. Kind of like a butler with more admin duties. However, I also just don't want to bite off more than I can chew and then end up over there, penniless and unable to return to Singapore.

What is this tax-free salary that you are talking about? And also where is ME?

I still find it very fishy.. since there are millions of lower-cost alternatives from China..

Unregistered 02-02-2015 08:43 PM

Take a look at the full package they proposed. I don't find it fishy at this point. Although employing local PRCs is definitely a better option, they might be looking for a Singaporean for the ease of mobility (travelling). Are you required to travel with your boss?

wiccawiz 03-02-2015 01:54 AM

I do not find it fishy at all, tbh.

Yes, I am required to travel with my CEO (now going to be referred to as boss).

The proposed package so far would include accommodations (in a hostel), travel insurance, meals (I eat whatever the boss eats), and transport (company car, public transport, I don't know yet).

I would be allowed to come back 3-4 times a year, depending on my boss's schedule.

14 days of leave, 1 year of service = 1 more day of AL, up to a maximum of 18 days. Not that I would be using it too much I think...

NO overseas allowance. basic that they are giving now is S$2500.

If I am out-stationed within China or out of China (except for SG), I would be paid according to the standard calculations of the China office (I don't know what this means, and also they mentioned that it is complicated and too much to be explained in a text message).

For accommodations, the rep mentioned that I would be allocated in a hostel. And with that, she referred to Taizhou. I have never been in a hostel before so it is difficult for me to judge living conditions like common or attached bathroom. They did mentioned that each hostel has a washing machine. Looking at the sentence structure, I am assuming it is a shared machine.

I will also be given a work phone, so no mobile phone allowances there.

I will also not be given work equipment as well. I am just weird out since they need me to coordinate stuff for the boss man.

They suggested that I take 50% of the pay in SGD and the remainder in RMB. When I asked of the salary can be negotiated, and what about CPF, the question was put on reserver and I was deferred to meeting up with the CEO first.

On the job ad, it was indicated that the amount that they are willing to pay is 'Above Expected Salary', and my expected salary on the site is S$2700. Was I a little misled here or are HRs not bothered (be it their ad or my expected)?

Workaholic 03-02-2015 07:37 AM

Meet up with the CEO first then keep us posted.

Unregistered 03-02-2015 08:40 PM

I've seen so many ang moh PAs in Singapore (working for ang moh bosses in ang moh companies) with expat packages so I don't find this fishy at all.

Unregistered 04-02-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62234)
I've seen so many ang moh PAs in Singapore (working for ang moh bosses in ang moh companies) with expat packages so I don't find this fishy at all.

I think it is more likely that they are trailing spouses and not on expat packages, but then again who knows?

While it is possible I don't think any company with prudent practices will second a PA on expat terms unless you are for the owner/founder/chairman/president of some MNC or a tycoon/billionare. Budget and work visa quotas are simply better allocated to execs who can contribute to management, revenue and governance.

Not to disparage the TS, but I'm just saying be weary and negotiate smartly. All the best and hope that the offer works out.

Unregistered 04-02-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62267)
I think it is more likely that they are trailing spouses and not on expat packages, but then again who knows?

Not in my company. The PA gets a car too.