Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor and stupid View Post
You really may want to consider again. Its not just the starting pay difference, the mid pay is also difference, it may take you anyway from 10 -> 15years or forever to catch up to government pay rate.

Simple maths: 500/mth at 3% increment * number of months = amount you lost!!

Just take the government job 1st, then if really dun fit, transit to priv sector by then your last drawn pay also high rite?
You are from the govt sector yourself previously and been complaining about it mr miwashi and now you want another person to follow you and be another loser.

Be real pls, govt starting pay is higher than private at first becoz they want to attract fresh graduates who had no idea what they want and just anyhow take the job becoz 3k to them is quite alot compared to their peers who are just getting 2.5k- 2.8k (excluding better paying jobs like banks, oil and gas etc)

Once you are in govt jobs u will find it hard to get out most of the time as we all know due to many factors such as skillset etc. Yes you may lose out in terms of starting pay but I can assure you with the right opportunity coupled with your hardwork, EQ etc, you will earn back much more than what you lose in the beginning in the private sector.

FYI, I dont agree with your last drawn pay high so if u go private you will get a higher pay, which is totally ********...you will be lucky if they didnt take a 20% paycut due to irrelevant skillsets. Remember there are tons of graduates out there, who cares you are from govt sector.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 PM

poor and stupid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are from the govt sector yourself previously and been complaining about it mr miwashi and now you want another person to follow you and be another loser.

Be real pls, govt starting pay is higher than private at first becoz they want to attract fresh graduates who had no idea what they want and just anyhow take the job becoz 3k to them is quite alot compared to their peers who are just getting 2.5k- 2.8k (excluding better paying jobs like banks, oil and gas etc)

Once you are in govt jobs u will find it hard to get out most of the time as we all know due to many factors such as skillset etc. Yes you may lose out in terms of starting pay but I can assure you with the right opportunity coupled with your hardwork, EQ etc, you will earn back much more than what you lose in the beginning in the private sector.

FYI, I dont agree with your last drawn pay high so if u go private you will get a higher pay, which is totally ********...you will be lucky if they didnt take a 20% paycut due to irrelevant skillsets. Remember there are tons of graduates out there, who cares you are from govt sector.
[sarcastic]
Right.... Mr "unregistered guest"

Yeah you may be our president or one of the ministers thats why you know everything and cannot allow yourself to be identified online
[/sarcastic]

Or you could be one of the cheapo HR trying to fake talented grads into joining you for peanuts.

Ok disclaimer for my last post: Only quite true for non-sales role.

Well, I never liked to talk about sales roll anyway, because the income for that is ranged 0 ~ 999999999999999

edited: ok more disclaimer: my "govt sector" = "stat board/ministries" ,not government linked/subbed/owned/snatched/whatever - corp/coy/co

Last edited by poor and stupid; 07-12-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
[sarcastic]
Right.... Mr "unregistered guest"

Yeah you may be our president or one of the ministers thats why you know everything and cannot allow yourself to be identified online
[/sarcastic]

Or you could be one of the cheapo HR trying to fake talented grads into joining you for peanuts.

Ok disclaimer for my last post: Only quite true for non-sales role.

Well, I never liked to talk about sales roll anyway, because the income for that is ranged 0 ~ 999999999999999

edited: ok more disclaimer: my "govt sector" = "stat board/ministries" ,not government linked/subbed/owned/snatched/whatever - corp/coy/co
FYI, I dont need to fake. This is a fact, go check around with your friends (if you have any)
but hey WAIT A MINUTE arent you a perfect example, how much paycut did you get when you quit the govt sector to join the private sector? I been following your post for a long time where u keeping telling ppl that u are prepared to take a pay cut to join the private sector. (i can search your post if you want it to prove my claims )

Be true to yourself before advising others, why give them bad recommendations and see them destroy themselves. Arent you worried about karma!??

Career is something important to everyone esp sinkies. Choose wisely, know your strengths and weaknesses. You may have the interest (be it monetary or non-monetary) but do you have the characteristics or capabilities for it? Ask yourself this qns before coming here to ask for other's advise....

Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
FYI, I dont need to fake. This is a fact, go check around with your friends (if you have any)
but hey WAIT A MINUTE arent you a perfect example, how much paycut did you get when you quit the govt sector to join the private sector? I been following your post for a long time where u keeping telling ppl that u are prepared to take a pay cut to join the private sector. (i can search your post if you want it to prove my claims )

Be true to yourself before advising others, why give them bad recommendations and see them destroy themselves. Arent you worried about karma!??

Career is something important to everyone esp sinkies. Choose wisely, know your strengths and weaknesses. You may have the interest (be it monetary or non-monetary) but do you have the characteristics or capabilities for it? Ask yourself this qns before coming here to ask for other's advise....
This guy is a chameleon who will change story whenever he feel like it & mislead young grads down the wrong path. First he slander NEA until got sacked, then he condem all engineers, now he condem pte sector and ask everyone to join govt sector.

If you look at his earlier post, he was very rude and keep insulting people. Then after a round of good scolding from some engineers and real name got exposed by ex-colleague, now he suddenly try to act kind & concern talk politely, but at the end of the day still rubbish advice intend to mislead others. Everyone knows of the challenges of a mid-career to transit to pte sector, most end up pay cut or start from scratch, yet he say until like can just send out CV to any company and demand same or higher pay anytime you feel like it.

When he cannot defend his points, standard fall back is to accuse others of being anoynomous (as if having a stupid registered nick is not anoynomous). Corner him even more he will play the charity card, saying he is here out of good heart to "help" others in their career.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:

I would like you to prove it, if you could. I have never working in a govt sector before, unless poly is "govt sector". No way i will be willing to take a 20% pay cut, as now my pay is really super low.

Hmm lets see...

me: 8.55am - 11+pm
bonus = 13th month no more
leave = 17, all 17 spent at home doing office work anyway

I am in the priv sector dealing with IP, I am the only "engineer" here and of course my pay is the lowest in this office lolx
Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I would like you to prove it, if you could. I have never working in a govt sector before, unless poly is "govt sector". No way i will be willing to take a 20% pay cut, as now my pay is really super low.

Hmm lets see...

me: 8.55am - 11+pm
bonus = 13th month no more
leave = 17, all 17 spent at home doing office work anyway

I am in the priv sector dealing with IP, I am the only "engineer" here and of course my pay is the lowest in this office lolx
wow bro.. u really one of the jia lat workers sia.. never go enjoy a bit ar? go relax a bit

Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
wow bro.. u really one of the jia lat workers sia.. never go enjoy a bit ar? go relax a bit
he dua pao xian lah. if really so busy and hardworking where got time to come forum and write so much rubbish
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
he dua pao xian lah. if really so busy and hardworking where got time to come forum and write so much rubbish
You obviously have no idea what a R&D specifically electronics "engineer" does.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

bro, you shouldnt tired yourself lah.. go drink go enjoy a bit lah.. dun work like a cow..
Old 07-12-2012, 05:40 PM

maverickz2009 is on a distinguished road

I am jobless for more than 6 years and I am happy about it. I don't depend on a Job to earn money, just to survive. There are many ways to make Money. Why people want to exchange their Total Freedom just to earn money to survive?