Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 168 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1671 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I see, have they contacted you for 2nd round yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, I did a 6-question test when I went down.

Reply With Quote
  #1672 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I applied for a job. The application deadline was 7 Sept. however, the job advert resurfaced again yesterday. I checked my status but it’s still “Submitted”. May I know if I’m rejected automatically?

Reply With Quote
  #1673 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for a job. The application deadline was 7 Sept. however, the job advert resurfaced again yesterday. I checked my status but it’s still “Submitted”. May I know if I’m rejected automatically?
For some job agencies they do not update the status. I have recently gone for an interview, the status is still “submitted”

Reply With Quote
  #1674 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I went for interview last month and was told that I would get the results in 1-2 weeks(both offer/rejection). However no word from them till now. Called HR, hr said they were still processing. Not sure what to do next 😞
Reply With Quote
  #1675 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I went for interview last month and was told that I would get the results in 1-2 weeks(both offer/rejection). However no word from them till now. Called HR, hr said they were still processing. Not sure what to do next 😞
I’d keep looking in the meantime, there’s a small chance you will get the offer (based off previous anecdotes here) but the same thing happened to me and I didn’t get it. When I did eventually get a verbal offer from HR it took place within 3 days.
Reply With Quote
  #1676 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I went for interview last month and was told that I would get the results in 1-2 weeks(both offer/rejection). However no word from them till now. Called HR, hr said they were still processing. Not sure what to do next 😞
Same here, I was told that I would get results in 3-4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I didn't receive anything, and I thought of giving up. Until about 1 month later I received the verbal offer.

Below is a summary of my timeline

29 May: Application
3 July: Invitation for interview on 9 July
9 July: Interview
10 Sept: Verbal offer call
13 Sept: Verbal offer confirmation call
21 Sept: Signing of contract

I'm not sure if I was lucky or something, but don't give up!
Reply With Quote

  #1677 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’d keep looking in the meantime, there’s a small chance you will get the offer (based off previous anecdotes here) but the same thing happened to me and I didn’t get it. When I did eventually get a verbal offer from HR it took place within 3 days.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Reply With Quote
  #1678 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Same here, I was told that I would get results in 3-4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I didn't receive anything, and I thought of giving up. Until about 1 month later I received the verbal offer.

Below is a summary of my timeline

29 May: Application
3 July: Invitation for interview on 9 July
9 July: Interview
10 Sept: Verbal offer call
13 Sept: Verbal offer confirmation call
21 Sept: Signing of contract

I'm not sure if I was lucky or something, but don't give up!

Thanks! Keeping a positive mind! BTW did you send any emails to get status updates from HR?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1679 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks! Keeping a positive mind! BTW did you send any emails to get status updates from HR?
I didn't because I was still applying for new jobs while waiting, so I just let it be. If it will come, it will come.
Reply With Quote
  #1680 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Have anyone successfully convert to perm staff from those temp contract?

Heard nowadays temp staff headcount are park under those external recruitment agency and they won't consider to convert you to perm after contact ends
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,931 Replies, 6,043,904 Views
An upgrade to my system
0 Replies, 24 Views
Different rank in local banks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 120,879 Views
shipping from China to Singapore
1 Replies, 581 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,063 Replies, 284,966 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
289 Replies, 187,577 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,677 Replies, 1,376,663 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,058 Replies, 837,292 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 124,007 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,804 Replies, 1,186,542 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 57,064 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,752 Replies, 3,188,234 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
750 Replies, 384,218 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 93,493 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,527 Replies, 1,007,260 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 97,598 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,775 Replies, 839,753 Views
Software developers salary outlier ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,358 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
853 Replies, 584,807 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 2,816 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,965 Replies, 1,821,176 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,018 Replies, 1,162,652 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
5 Replies, 1,527 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 35,334 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,475 Replies, 2,056,226 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 286,094 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 7,319 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,407 Replies, 597,413 Views
How Much Do You Need to Earn... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 19,262 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,111 Replies, 3,892,810 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2