Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 218 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2171 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 01:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hi guys, is it normal that HR/hiring managers have yet to make a decision 2 months after interview?

Reply With Quote
  #2172 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, wondering if it’s normal to wait over 2 months after verbal offer for a written offer? This is for a ministry not in defence field. Hr keeps promising one deadline and then exceeding said deadline, says they’re still processing. How likely is it for a verbal offer to be retracted?
I worry about this too, because my medical appointment was suddenly cancelled and changed to filling up a form instead

Reply With Quote
  #2173 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 02:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi guys, is it normal that HR/hiring managers have yet to make a decision 2 months after interview?
not normal

Reply With Quote
  #2174 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2020, 12:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Does PUB gives out AWS (13 month bonus)?
Reply With Quote
  #2175 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 01:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Reapply

Anyone met with a suitation whereby you have cleared all the supposed interviews and clearance, thereafter you turn down the contract due to very valid health reason (eg. major operation).

They relisted the appointment recently, and my doctor gave me a clean bill of health. I was wondering what are the chances of my reapplication for the appointment? Will i actually still be considered?

Side note: when i turn down the offer, it ended on a pretty good note. no any sour feelings between both parties.
Reply With Quote
  #2176 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 05:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone met with a suitation whereby you have cleared all the supposed interviews and clearance, thereafter you turn down the contract due to very valid health reason (eg. major operation).

They relisted the appointment recently, and my doctor gave me a clean bill of health. I was wondering what are the chances of my reapplication for the appointment? Will i actually still be considered?

Side note: when i turn down the offer, it ended on a pretty good note. no any sour feelings between both parties.
Call HR to check if the previous offer still stands.
Reply With Quote

  #2177 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Call HR to check if the previous offer still stands.
Just wondering, usually what are the chances man? Like will they offer again even😕 dropped them a mail liaow
Reply With Quote
  #2178 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 11:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wondering, usually what are the chances man? Like will they offer again even😕 dropped them a mail liaow
Since u said didnt end on sour note it should be fine but I doubt former offer will still stand. U may have to apply and go through the interview process again as there may be candidates that are better than u this time round. Also Depends on dept headcount.
Reply With Quote
  #2179 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2020, 01:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since u said didnt end on sour note it should be fine but I doubt former offer will still stand. U may have to apply and go through the interview process again as there may be candidates that are better than u this time round. Also Depends on dept headcount.
Yes. I figured that too 😕
Reply With Quote
  #2180 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I worry about this too, because my medical appointment was suddenly cancelled and changed to filling up a form instead
I faced the same situation too. May I know what did you apply for?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,089 Replies, 2,717,439 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,268 Replies, 998,109 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,720 Replies, 1,639,030 Views
How much do you need to retire...
4 Replies, 131 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 32,569 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 17,811 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,294 Replies, 5,655,234 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,816 Replies, 281,037 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,937 Replies, 1,099,124 Views
Ntu sociology degree ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 47,317 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
603 Replies, 461,265 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,740 Replies, 804,632 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,022 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,945 Replies, 3,752,724 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,116 Replies, 510,088 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,342 Replies, 1,931,127 Views
Getting funded for university
0 Replies, 64 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,792 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,801 Views
Advice for "Research Coordinator"...
7 Replies, 4,619 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 26,077 Views
Corporate Banking Analyst
3 Replies, 383 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 94,689 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
721 Replies, 219,492 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,650 Replies, 789,549 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 22,965 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,385 Replies, 569,695 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 29,435 Views
FEE PE Exam ( Electrical )
4 Replies, 2,409 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 141,646 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2