Career as Teacher - Page 1166 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11651 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2024, 08:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually such information are not available openly. You can try asking your friends if any if they have friends from those schools.

A guage is how many openings does the school has?

These days, if we see posts which are posted by non-teachers or students, we just ignore. Dun feed them the attention.
Not the OP, but I agree with your comment. Let's avoid naming any specific schools, teams, and individuals too as it is a form of doxxing.

Anyone who is eligible to apply for OPE would have been in service for awhile. Reach out to your networks to find out. If you are stuck but have a good relationship with your RO (e.g. supportive RO), you can tap on your RO's help to reach out and gather info. The interview would also be an opportunity to gauge if you are a good fit with the school.

Reply With Quote
  #11652 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2024, 08:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not the OP, but I agree with your comment. Let's avoid naming any specific schools, teams, and individuals too as it is a form of doxxing.

Anyone who is eligible to apply for OPE would have been in service for awhile. Reach out to your networks to find out. If you are stuck but have a good relationship with your RO (e.g. supportive RO), you can tap on your RO's help to reach out and gather info. The interview would also be an opportunity to gauge if you are a good fit with the school.
School climate can change overnight with every change in the Leadership. . Furthermore with MM making the perpetual move once at least every 8 years from 2027, things are really fluid and dynamic.

Reply With Quote
  #11653 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2024, 09:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

close down this forum pls

infested with low ses teachers who complain too much about literally everything hahaha

Reply With Quote
  #11654 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2024, 10:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
close down this forum pls

infested with low ses teachers who complain too much about literally everything hahaha
I agree with closing down this thread too, but the real reason behind it seems to be the non-teachers coming in to bash whatever they don't understand or don't know.
Reply With Quote
  #11655 (permalink)  
Old 17-06-2024, 11:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
School climate can change overnight with every change in the Leadership. . Furthermore with MM making the perpetual move once at least every 8 years from 2027, things are really fluid and dynamic.
I thought the rotation will begin from 2025. so the OPE could be more exciting since more KP positions will be available, but also more competitive since more people are moving around. is this rationalisation fair?

then again those schools with high-needs for KP, like having issues to fill up could have been settled by enhanced posting by those due for posting out of HQ?
Reply With Quote
  #11656 (permalink)  
Old 18-06-2024, 12:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I thought the rotation will begin from 2025. so the OPE could be more exciting since more KP positions will be available, but also more competitive since more people are moving around. is this rationalisation fair?

then again those schools with high-needs for KP, like having issues to fill up could have been settled by enhanced posting by those due for posting out of HQ?
1. Rotations implemented 2027
2. Guidance from HQ is 'fair consideration'. HR will ensure all rotating KPs find a landing spot - whether via OPE or supt facilitation. Schs have to set aside some senior KP quota to account for rotations.

Anyway OPE openings are available via HRP. No need to guess, just search.
Reply With Quote

  #11657 (permalink)  
Old 18-06-2024, 07:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with closing down this thread too, but the real reason behind it seems to be the non-teachers coming in to bash whatever they don't understand or don't know.
Just do not response to the non-teachers post. It's very evident, isn't it. If you dun feed them, they will just own self reply ownself. Anyway, school holidays are ending. Students need to go back to school again.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #11658 (permalink)  
Old 18-06-2024, 08:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just do not response to the non-teachers post. It's very evident, isn't it. If you dun feed them, they will just own self reply ownself. Anyway, school holidays are ending. Students need to go back to school again.
Open postings out on workplan. Can just use the app to login via singpass.

If you look at the openings for each school, you can roughly tell already.
Reply With Quote
  #11659 (permalink)  
Old 18-06-2024, 08:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Now you all admit that there are bad schools with bad teachers.

Now choosing a school to avoid these people

This means there are quite a number of bad teachers getting easy money

Dont f,ucking tell me that it is the school rules and regulation that is bad for the teqchers.

Rules and regulations are set. Culture is based on people. In short, your peers , colleagues

As usual, want to ignore your students. Good.

The students will never appreciate the likes of you. Beneath human behavior
Reply With Quote
  #11660 (permalink)  
Old 18-06-2024, 11:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default No

Say no to teachers no good
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh...
8 Replies, 6,150 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,641 Replies, 5,581,404 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,527 Replies, 12,998,985 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,608 Replies, 3,666,023 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
973 Replies, 505,674 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,967 Replies, 1,706,467 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,535 Replies, 4,015,373 Views
Work in SMU ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 9,571 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,583 Replies, 1,269,335 Views
Best Stat board/Ministry ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 38,520 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,185 Replies, 2,596,148 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,667 Replies, 2,652,712 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,389 Replies, 6,658,711 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,799 Replies, 7,248,501 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,202 Replies, 481,225 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,676 Replies, 1,510,815 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,432 Replies, 727,004 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,112 Replies, 4,952,200 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,454 Replies, 10,891,894 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
955 Replies, 472,695 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,948 Replies, 3,011,409 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 14,109 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
214 Replies, 194,872 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
920 Replies, 491,084 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
295 Replies, 221,068 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,344 Replies, 1,196,276 Views
Is my understanding of Gold ETF...
0 Replies, 120 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,958 Replies, 1,574,005 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 17,741 Views
when you quit how many days do you... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,754 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2