Banking Grades/Levels - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Banking Grades/Levels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
CodeZero is on a distinguished road
Default Banking Grades/Levels

Good day everyone!

I have recently moved to Singapore, and I'm considering a career move to the banking industry. I'm not familiar with the banking grades used in Singapore, so I'm looking for some guidance on the managerial levels?

Example: Manager -> Senior Manager -> Associate Director -> Director -> Associate VP -> VP -> Senior VP -> C-Level -> CEO

I have about 12 yrs of experience in the IT industry. I've led teams up to 50 people but, I am looking for managerial roles that usually don't have to manage teams with more than 12-15 people.

I am trying to level my experience and expectation to the banking roles available in the market.

Thanks in advance for your wise tips.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2021, 12:07 AM
KKK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeZero View Post
Good day everyone!

I have recently moved to Singapore, and I'm considering a career move to the banking industry. I'm not familiar with the banking grades used in Singapore, so I'm looking for some guidance on the managerial levels?

Example: Manager -> Senior Manager -> Associate Director -> Director -> Associate VP -> VP -> Senior VP -> C-Level -> CEO

I have about 12 yrs of experience in the IT industry. I've led teams up to 50 people but, I am looking for managerial roles that usually don't have to manage teams with more than 12-15 people.

I am trying to level my experience and expectation to the banking roles available in the market.

Thanks in advance for your wise tips.
Hello,

Firstly, welcome to Singapore

Secondly, the banking grades differs from bank to bank and could also be different within each bank's divisions.

The number of people you lead can also vary between commercial and private banks. The best gauge should probably go by the years of experience you have. If you're applying for an IT function in a bank, then the experience you have is relevant and I think you should enter at around the Associate Director to Director rank.

Hope this helps

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2021, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Singapore
Posts: 32
gurlInTech is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi CodeZero, I’m not sure when you was a junior in IT industry you ever had a manager that only know how to manage people and have almost zero knowledge in the work. If you ever successfully get into banking I hope you would work doubly hard to understand about the work your subordinates do so they wouldn’t resent you as a “parachute boss”. Not trying to sound rude but just wanna voice out the woes of the juniors out there.

The best manager that I’ve heard is someone who knows exactly how to solve any problem of his/her subordinates who can’t solve and lead by example.

Hope you have a successful career forward.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2021, 10:05 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
CodeZero is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKK View Post
Hello,

Firstly, welcome to Singapore

Secondly, the banking grades differs from bank to bank and could also be different within each bank's divisions.

The number of people you lead can also vary between commercial and private banks. The best gauge should probably go by the years of experience you have. If you're applying for an IT function in a bank, then the experience you have is relevant and I think you should enter at around the Associate Director to Director rank.

Hope this helps
Thanks, it aligns what I had in mind.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2021, 10:17 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
CodeZero is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurlInTech View Post
Hi CodeZero, I’m not sure when you was a junior in IT industry you ever had a manager that only know how to manage people and have almost zero knowledge in the work. If you ever successfully get into banking I hope you would work doubly hard to understand about the work your subordinates do so they wouldn’t resent you as a “parachute boss”. Not trying to sound rude but just wanna voice out the woes of the juniors out there.

The best manager that I’ve heard is someone who knows exactly how to solve any problem of his/her subordinates who can’t solve and lead by example.

Hope you have a successful career forward.
Well said, could not agree more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
banking & finance, grade, level, singapore

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SIA AO grades Barqui Income and Jobs 19 21-05-2020 12:16 PM
Clarification on superscale salary grades Username123 Income and Jobs 2 20-12-2019 04:07 PM
87% of our students have achieved better grades for the last CA2! – Read more gratifytuitionagency General Discussions 0 26-09-2016 08:51 PM
Job grades and responsibilities in Civil Service Janechia Income and Jobs 13 01-06-2015 12:28 AM
Direct recruitment into non entry-level grades? miwashi Income and Jobs 9 08-07-2011 10:20 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 158,711 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 22,068 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 99,832 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,683 Replies, 4,601,258 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,565 Replies, 7,339,107 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 2,497,980 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,214 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 133,376 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 75 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,166 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,009 Replies, 520,455 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,846 Replies, 607,721 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
437 Replies, 273,880 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,409,422 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 1,746,597 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,138 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,640 Replies, 1,275,907 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,682 Replies, 4,351,291 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 571,141 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,751 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,059 Replies, 2,521,178 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,231 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,028 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 221,274 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,515 Replies, 730,756 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,642 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,886 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,432 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 737,709 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 272,080 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2