Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Banking Grades/Levels
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2021, 12:07 AM
KKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeZero View Post
Good day everyone!

I have recently moved to Singapore, and I'm considering a career move to the banking industry. I'm not familiar with the banking grades used in Singapore, so I'm looking for some guidance on the managerial levels?

Example: Manager -> Senior Manager -> Associate Director -> Director -> Associate VP -> VP -> Senior VP -> C-Level -> CEO

I have about 12 yrs of experience in the IT industry. I've led teams up to 50 people but, I am looking for managerial roles that usually don't have to manage teams with more than 12-15 people.

I am trying to level my experience and expectation to the banking roles available in the market.

Thanks in advance for your wise tips.
Hello,

Firstly, welcome to Singapore

Secondly, the banking grades differs from bank to bank and could also be different within each bank's divisions.

The number of people you lead can also vary between commercial and private banks. The best gauge should probably go by the years of experience you have. If you're applying for an IT function in a bank, then the experience you have is relevant and I think you should enter at around the Associate Director to Director rank.

Hope this helps