Do you put your photo in your CV? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Do you put your photo in your CV?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default Do you put your photo in your CV?

Just curious. Some people say yes, some say no, both feel very strongly about the opposing view.

Me, I never put my photo in my CV.. I'm wondering if that's the reason why I get called for 1% of the jobs I apply for.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why not put your photo and try? Maybe you'll land an interview right away.

I always put, but I seldom look for jobs.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
Just curious. Some people say yes, some say no, both feel very strongly about the opposing view.

Me, I never put my photo in my CV.. I'm wondering if that's the reason why I get called for 1% of the jobs I apply for.
I don't believe in giving my photos for job applications. One should not be employed based on looks.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default

Yep, exactly what I mean. 2 replies, 1 yes and 1 no. So what's the general consensus?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 23
financepil is on a distinguished road
Default

Can I say it depends on what kind of job you are applying for!!
cos management/banking/consultant job may need a photo in your resume cos I hear some say looks really counted towards these kind of jobs(I aint sure hw true it is)

When it comes to engineering hell no need !!!!! lol
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I select people amongst the resumes that come through when there's an opening in my firm and i have to admit that if you're attractive looking, with the slightest work related experience you have, i'll get my HR to arrange for you to come down for a chat with the rest of my team.

What i can say is, job opportunities shouldn't be based on appearance but the truth is that if you're good looking,you'll have an easier path in life. I wouldn't say i'm the most capable person with what experience and skills i have over in my resume but i definitely secured enough interviews based on my photo enclosed (bless my mum and dad for good genes) to give me more shots at jobs i'm looking to secure.

Bottom line is if you're average looking, skip the photo. If you know you're better looking than most, put that photo in and get that extra edge leading you to more interviews.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I select people amongst the resumes that come through when there's an opening in my firm and i have to admit that if you're attractive looking, with the slightest work related experience you have, i'll get my HR to arrange for you to come down for a chat with the rest of my team.

What i can say is, job opportunities shouldn't be based on appearance but the truth is that if you're good looking,you'll have an easier path in life. I wouldn't say i'm the most capable person with what experience and skills i have over in my resume but i definitely secured enough interviews based on my photo enclosed (bless my mum and dad for good genes) to give me more shots at jobs i'm looking to secure.

Bottom line is if you're average looking, skip the photo. If you know you're better looking than most, put that photo in and get that extra edge leading you to more interviews.
how shallow.... but it's the truth! haha.

it explains why people fall head over heels over celebrities.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is also known as the Halo effect:

Halo effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The halo effect is a cognitive bias whereby the perception of one trait (i.e. a characteristic of a person or object) is influenced by the perception of another trait (or several traits) of that person or object. An example would be judging a good-looking person as more intelligent.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes I have placed my picture, bec it seems needed in singapore.

I am extremly good looking but am a fresh grad with no expereience and do not get called back as much. Most places prefer expereince
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes I have placed my picture, bec it seems needed in singapore.

I am extremly good looking but am a fresh grad with no expereience and do not get called back as much. Most places prefer expereince
What's your degree in? Job market should be peaking up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
164 Replies, 77,077 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,631 Replies, 2,618,197 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,793 Replies, 273,495 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,194 Replies, 972,604 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
690 Replies, 212,301 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,118 Replies, 5,590,774 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 13,362 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,294 Replies, 909,425 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
389 Replies, 251,429 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,655 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,670 Replies, 1,609,714 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,635 Replies, 784,579 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 1,784 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
396 Replies, 288,171 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 14,462 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 22,478 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
462 Replies, 88,302 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 3,064 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,091 Replies, 500,798 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,298 Replies, 1,910,124 Views
Ceca
2 Replies, 274 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
378 Replies, 335,157 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 972 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,916 Replies, 1,086,536 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,222 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 93,020 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 565,437 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,270 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 580 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,458 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2