Associate in DBS - Page 11 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Associate in DBS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some banks have very inflated titles. Case-in-point: HSBC, sooo easy to get AVP or VP ranked there and still earning peanuts. All my friends in HSBC all at least VP lol.
why is dbs paying so high, if others are paying lower ?

Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why is dbs paying so high, if others are paying lower ?
Because it's an internal ranking system. Different banks use different payscales / ranges for different banks. Assistant manager rank in some banks earn 5 - 7k etc etc. All depends on the bank and their internal ranks.

Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
Kenn is on a distinguished road
Default

In a macro view, it is known that different banks have various hierarchical structure in compensation packages.

In a micro view, different banks have various internal ranking system to provide remuneration packages.

Overall, it all boils down to your altitude and performance grade (not including underhand or unscrupulous tactics) to command higher wages. Apparently, it is usually the opposite that commands higher wages (backstabbing, licking boots etc.)

Friend's Experience in Foreign - Difficult entry but Expects 10% more than Local.

My 2 cents worth, thank-you.

Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
In a macro view, it is known that different banks have various hierarchical structure in compensation packages.

In a micro view, different banks have various internal ranking system to provide remuneration packages.

Overall, it all boils down to your altitude and performance grade (not including underhand or unscrupulous tactics) to command higher wages. Apparently, it is usually the opposite that commands higher wages (backstabbing, licking boots etc.)

Friend's Experience in Foreign - Difficult entry but Expects 10% more than Local.

My 2 cents worth, thank-you.
No idea what you saying.
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 27-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Senior associate

Hi guys,

Recently got offered a middle office role at DBS in at a senior associate level, 2.5yrs exp.

For those working in the bank, does $5k sound like a reasonable offer?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 27-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys,

Recently got offered a middle office role at DBS in at a senior associate level, 2.5yrs exp.

For those working in the bank, does $5k sound like a reasonable offer?

Thanks!
Yes. Take it. After 1 year or so, hop.
Reply With Quote

  #107 (permalink)  
Old 27-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys,

Recently got offered a middle office role at DBS in at a senior associate level, 2.5yrs exp.

For those working in the bank, does $5k sound like a reasonable offer?

Thanks!
Hi, care to share what were your 2.5 years of experience that managed to get you this senior associate position? I presumed that you've a master's degree, as 2.5 years of banking experience could not get you a senior associate position. At most, associate in DBS Bank.

Nevertheless, $5K plus is absolutely good for relatively limited experience. Hope this answers your question clearly.
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 28-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, care to share what were your 2.5 years of experience that managed to get you this senior associate position? I presumed that you've a master's degree, as 2.5 years of banking experience could not get you a senior associate position. At most, associate in DBS Bank.

Nevertheless, $5K plus is absolutely good for relatively limited experience. Hope this answers your question clearly.
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Don't have a masters degree though, but I do have a good honours. My experience is in risk mgmt, where I've had exposure to both the qualitative and quant sides of risk. Some aspects of my job also required me to liaise directly with senior mgmt.

I guess that partly based on the scope of my exp., the hiring dept wanted to push for a more senior position instead of associate.
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 28-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default undergrad in risk mgmt position

hi,

do you think its suitable for a undergrad to take up a risk management position? or rather do corporation employ undergrad or fresh grad for this position? btw im from uol banking&finance. currently waiting for results
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 28-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Don't have a masters degree though, but I do have a good honours. My experience is in risk mgmt, where I've had exposure to both the qualitative and quant sides of risk. Some aspects of my job also required me to liaise directly with senior mgmt.

I guess that partly based on the scope of my exp., the hiring dept wanted to push for a more senior position instead of associate.
Hi, just to clarify, you mean your total work experience since grad is 2.5yrs? Then 5k is a very good pay.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
salary for second year senior associate in Big 4 HaigNY Income and Jobs 30 16-10-2012 11:30 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Relocating to Singapore with... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 4,394 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 45,699 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,760 Replies, 490,596 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 8,230 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,257 Replies, 1,020,267 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
762 Replies, 507,165 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 12,649 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 89,430 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,771 Replies, 831,352 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,935 Replies, 5,161,769 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 171,262 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 248,354 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
337 Replies, 257,818 Views
What prospective jobs will be...
8 Replies, 860 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
836 Replies, 419,497 Views
queries about UOB service exec
2 Replies, 270 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
243 Replies, 152,012 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,866 Replies, 2,106,843 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
272 Replies, 111,719 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
421 Replies, 251,148 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 8,184 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,859 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 817,124 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,895 Replies, 1,749,388 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 310,882 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,171 Replies, 203,783 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 54,203 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,591 Replies, 976,565 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,043 Replies, 1,381,934 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,853 Replies, 3,612,170 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2