How much savings do you have? - Page 31 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth




How much savings do you have?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Say you, Say Me
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile No Big Deal

No big deal. My friend has cash of over $20million and shares over half that amount and he is only in his early 30s!! Even drives a Lamborghini.

Know why? According to him he says many rich ah-siah kias in Singapore have rich fathers who have only 1 to 2 child. These people will never tell you their money is dropped from their fathers' pants or their parents give them money to start a booming business enterprise or their father gave them the house etc.

They just tell you they have 'made it' because of their 'own' (ehem) capability. Well, that's only HALF the story of course and they leave the other half to your greedy 'imagination'



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #302 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Have the following:

1. Cash - S$140k tied up in company account.
2. Stocks - zero
3. Property: 1 house in UK (S$400k fully paid) and 1 flat in Paris (S$350k 50% paid up).
4. Car - prefer taxi or MRT

Reply With Quote
  #303 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Forgot to mention that i'm 37 yrs old with wife and 2 kids. Currently salary about S$130k but fluctuates due to running own biz. Am feeling insecure in SG as i never feel comfortable with properties going up, up and up. Renting HDB for S$2.5k p.m.

Reply With Quote
  #304 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Forgot to mention that i'm 37 yrs old with wife and 2 kids. Currently salary about S$130k but fluctuates due to running own biz. Am feeling insecure in SG as i never feel comfortable with properties going up, up and up. Renting HDB for S$2.5k p.m.
Are you a PR or a citizen?
Reply With Quote
  #305 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Seeing all your posts, really make me reflect at my money mis-management, and also lack of foresight... but then, life lessons sometimes are expensive.

34 now, married.

Annual income (myself only) - $160K
Cash - $10K
Stocks - $0
1 4RM HDB flat (550K val) - with 450K loan left

Lost most of my cash in business... so good lesson...
Reply With Quote
  #306 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seeing all your posts, really make me reflect at my money mis-management, and also lack of foresight... but then, life lessons sometimes are expensive.

34 now, married.

Annual income (myself only) - $160K
Cash - $10K
Stocks - $0
1 4RM HDB flat (550K val) - with 450K loan left

Lost most of my cash in business... so good lesson...
With your relatively high income, if you are prudent you should have no problem accumulating some wealth in a few years.

May I know how you managed to get a high paying job after your business venture?
Reply With Quote

  #307 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
With your relatively high income, if you are prudent you should have no problem accumulating some wealth in a few years.

May I know how you managed to get a high paying job after your business venture?
Yea, now main focus on saving and increasing my net-worth, which was battered when I did business between 28 - 31.

Well, when you do business, you meet a lot of people, and gain a lot of real world experience. Basically, the school of hard knocks. Opens your eyes and makes you hungry, so gives you an edge to climb very fast when you go back to the corporate world. Corporate world seems to crawl very slowly by then....
Reply With Quote
  #308 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yea, now main focus on saving and increasing my net-worth, which was battered when I did business between 28 - 31.

Well, when you do business, you meet a lot of people, and gain a lot of real world experience. Basically, the school of hard knocks. Opens your eyes and makes you hungry, so gives you an edge to climb very fast when you go back to the corporate world. Corporate world seems to crawl very slowly by then....
Thanks for sharing. Are you in a sales-related role now?
Reply With Quote
  #309 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing. Are you in a sales-related role now?
No problem, I'm also here to learn from others. Nope, not in sales, more in IT line.
Reply With Quote
  #310 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No problem, I'm also here to learn from others. Nope, not in sales, more in IT line.
Hope you don't mind if I ask further: is it IT project management related, or support related?

Thanks!


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
condo, cpf, house, retirement, savings, shares, stocks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not enough savings for retirement Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 0 14-05-2007 07:59 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
[Seeking Opinion] SGUnited...
0 Replies, 1 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,550 Replies, 1,087,576 Views
Buying or renting a property ???...
8 Replies, 9,261 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 31,527 Views
Nursing Home
0 Replies, 81 Views
Be a commodities trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
221 Replies, 167,269 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,078 Replies, 2,957,690 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,847 Replies, 1,715,441 Views
How much do you need to retire...
9 Replies, 1,220 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 73,380 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,400 Replies, 958,888 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,107 Replies, 1,318,988 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 365,985 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,985 Replies, 1,130,488 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 87,846 Views
Internal auditor
7 Replies, 4,486 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 11,825 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
224 Replies, 218,363 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
643 Replies, 468,423 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,378 Replies, 1,982,511 Views
Big Four Promotion/Bonus/Incr... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 7,511 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 130,080 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
882 Replies, 455,415 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,009 Replies, 3,816,251 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
267 Replies, 175,274 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
152 Replies, 20,227 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 308,711 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 24,836 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
4 Replies, 1,274 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,592 Replies, 5,831,158 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2