How much savings do you have? - Page 32 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth




How much savings do you have?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #311 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

always thought i'm the more fortunate among my peers until i see the multi mil networth most folks in this forum has... haiz...

32 yrs married with 1 kid
combined annual with wife about S$200k

Jap car fully paid for
HDB Executive Condo (S$200k loan left)
Stocks and Cash (~S$400 - S$450k ish with wife)

Reply With Quote
  #312 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

myself: 200K, IT
Wife: 100K, banking

Age: mid 30s

Home: terrace house, valued at 2.4M

Cash and stocks: 750K

Reply With Quote
  #313 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
always thought i'm the more fortunate among my peers until i see the multi mil networth most folks in this forum has... haiz...

32 yrs married with 1 kid
combined annual with wife about S$200k

Jap car fully paid for
HDB Executive Condo (S$200k loan left)
Stocks and Cash (~S$400 - S$450k ish with wife)
Living in a HDB, regardless of size, is nothing to be proud of.

Reply With Quote
  #314 (permalink)  
Old 13-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Living in a HDB, regardless of size, is nothing to be proud of.
at least its a roof over the head, many of my friends are struggling high the high COVs..
Reply With Quote
  #315 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

age 25

job - foriegn banker

cash: only ard sgd 50k (self investor)
fixed D/investments: sgd 200k
Reply With Quote
  #316 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Living in a HDB, regardless of size, is nothing to be proud of.
Not sure why some people must put others down. HDB nothing to be proud of? So what if you got many condos/private property to your name? You are just the type that I totally ignore when it comes to social functions....
Reply With Quote

  #317 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure why some people must put others down. HDB nothing to be proud of? So what if you got many condos/private property to your name? You are just the type that I totally ignore when it comes to social functions....
We are all here to compare salaries.

So you are proud of mediocrity?

If your son gets a C, you're happy?

If the government can't perform and screws up policies, you're proud?
Reply With Quote
  #318 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are all here to compare salaries.

So you are proud of mediocrity?

If your son gets a C, you're happy?

If the government can't perform and screws up policies, you're proud?
er... you are comparing apples/oranges?

Whoever said anything about being proud of mediocrity?

I am just saying why should a person staying in a HDB flat, with a respectable job (he and wife combine income $200K??) be put down?

So if you son get a C, you disown him ah? That's what you trying to tell me?
Reply With Quote
  #319 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In Singapore, if you don't live in a private property, you are actually a nobody. That's a reality. Noone will tell you this in your face in the real world. We are now in an online forum so people will tell you the hard facts.

Those who live in hdb - nobody
Those who live in condo - almost there
Those who live in a landed property - you've arrived and indeed a somebody. Only 5% of Singaporeans live in a landed property

Work harder to be a somebody in your life
Reply With Quote
  #320 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In Singapore, if you don't live in a private property, you are actually a nobody. That's a reality. Noone will tell you this in your face in the real world. We are now in an online forum so people will tell you the hard facts.

Those who live in hdb - nobody
Those who live in condo - almost there
Those who live in a landed property - you've arrived and indeed a somebody. Only 5% of Singaporeans live in a landed property

Work harder to be a somebody in your life
Keyboard warrior, what makes you think i'm not staying in a landed?

Just that I don't really put down other people who stay in a HDB but have an honest living.

That's the difference. I think enough has been said. Lead your life, and if life throws you a curve ball, be sure to come back and read this statement that you have written.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
condo, cpf, house, retirement, savings, shares, stocks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not enough savings for retirement Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 0 14-05-2007 07:59 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,665 Replies, 1,280,493 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
116 Replies, 57,604 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,709 Replies, 4,612,221 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,334 Replies, 573,499 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,695 Replies, 4,354,588 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,063 Replies, 2,524,372 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,007 Replies, 2,501,819 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 3,629 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
627 Replies, 99,102 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
459 Replies, 370,171 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
136 Replies, 100,221 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 134,220 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 4,414 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
473 Replies, 272,629 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,584 Replies, 7,345,370 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 275,043 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
4 Replies, 299 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 22,661 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 119,349 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,517 Replies, 732,110 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,848 Replies, 608,627 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,011 Replies, 521,922 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,749,907 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,737 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 140,405 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,750 Replies, 1,411,629 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,893 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,803 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 222,628 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2