Compare civil service salary - Page 1253 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12521 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2021, 02:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
those are specialised scheme. thats why the first qn is what is the scheme the OP is on and he replied mx scheme. no point debating about specialised scheme. and btw, these scheme have higher monthly pay but avg annual package of 15 months. the overall package is slightly more than the general mx scheme (i am referring to avg performer, they are ppl getting 18 mths for sure, just like ppl getting 20 mths in mx scheme)
Not all, some specialised schemes have a bonus payout equal to, if not more than the MX scheme.

Reply With Quote
  #12522 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2021, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah, thats why it depends on what he wants.
i am opposite. i was from private MNC (9 years) to GLC (1 yr) to PS (now 3rd year)

currently 36 YO mx10 equivalence (just promoted).. nothing fantastic, drawing 8k flat.. last year package 16.8 months (mid, end year 0 and mac 0)..
Is your MX10 workload more relaxed than your private MNC stint?

Reply With Quote
  #12523 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is your MX10 workload more relaxed than your private MNC stint?
nope. haha. i think equally busy.. everyday OT and i work even on paternity leave.. from budgeting to approval paper to presentation to to project/contract management to ppl management.. have not count ton of things for my approval..

Reply With Quote
  #12524 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2021, 03:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nope. haha. i think equally busy.. everyday OT and i work even on paternity leave.. from budgeting to approval paper to presentation to to project/contract management to ppl management.. have not count ton of things for my approval..
Favorite phrase in CS is "no mmf for headcount means no work!"
Reply With Quote
  #12525 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2021, 04:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
those are specialised scheme. thats why the first qn is what is the scheme the OP is on and he replied mx scheme. no point debating about specialised scheme. and btw, these scheme have higher monthly pay but avg annual package of 15 months. the overall package is slightly more than the general mx scheme (i am referring to avg performer, they are ppl getting 18 mths for sure, just like ppl getting 20 mths in mx scheme)
Any idea how much a senior specialist drawn monthly?
Reply With Quote
  #12526 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not all, some specialised schemes have a bonus payout equal to, if not more than the MX scheme.
I'm on a specialised scheme and well first my PB is slightly higher grade-for-grade viz MXO officers. I also get special bonuses (up to 1 month annually), retention bonuses (up to 3 months per year), and special pay adjustments annually.
Reply With Quote

  #12527 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2021, 11:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm on a specialised scheme and well first my PB is slightly higher grade-for-grade viz MXO officers. I also get special bonuses (up to 1 month annually), retention bonuses (up to 3 months per year), and special pay adjustments annually.
Oh and to add my base is 30% higher than a comparable MXO officer. Of course the responsibilities and hours are commensurate though.
Reply With Quote
  #12528 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2021, 01:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Left

I was a civil servant for about 10 years. Graduated with First Class Honours but worked in a totally unrelated field. Started as a MX13 and became MX12 after a year. Within 3-4 years became MX11 and I resigned as a MX10.

I was quite a “high flyer” despite I am not a scholar. Partly was because my grade was almost always a B or A unless for those year that I should be getting default grade C. My salary started at about 4K and last drawn was 9.6K. Yes, on average my increment was about 400+ due to my grading.

What make me left?

I realised that i was doing work for the sake of working. The passion as compared to when I first joined was gone. Everyday I dragged myself out of bed to work. Due to technology advancements, work seemed to be never ending. WFH only made thing worst.

I was lucky i started investing young. I decided to throw letter back in Apr after PB. Last day was 2nd of May. Currently happily semi retired doing full time tuition and grabfood. Monthly income only about 3K now but my passive income is able to cover the shortfall. Furthermore, Wife and kid likes it that I have time for them now.

Just want to advise the younger ones. Don’t join just because of high salary. Join for passion.
Reply With Quote
  #12529 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2021, 08:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was a civil servant for about 10 years. Graduated with First Class Honours but worked in a totally unrelated field. Started as a MX13 and became MX12 after a year. Within 3-4 years became MX11 and I resigned as a MX10.

I was quite a “high flyer” despite I am not a scholar. Partly was because my grade was almost always a B or A unless for those year that I should be getting default grade C. My salary started at about 4K and last drawn was 9.6K. Yes, on average my increment was about 400+ due to my grading.

What make me left?

I realised that i was doing work for the sake of working. The passion as compared to when I first joined was gone. Everyday I dragged myself out of bed to work. Due to technology advancements, work seemed to be never ending. WFH only made thing worst.

I was lucky i started investing young. I decided to throw letter back in Apr after PB. Last day was 2nd of May. Currently happily semi retired doing full time tuition and grabfood. Monthly income only about 3K now but my passive income is able to cover the shortfall. Furthermore, Wife and kid likes it that I have time for them now.

Just want to advise the younger ones. Don’t join just because of high salary. Join for passion.
Good sharing and advice. Are you in mid 30s?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12530 (permalink)  
Old 13-09-2021, 08:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was a civil servant for about 10 years. Graduated with First Class Honours but worked in a totally unrelated field. Started as a MX13 and became MX12 after a year. Within 3-4 years became MX11 and I resigned as a MX10.

I was quite a “high flyer” despite I am not a scholar. Partly was because my grade was almost always a B or A unless for those year that I should be getting default grade C. My salary started at about 4K and last drawn was 9.6K. Yes, on average my increment was about 400+ due to my grading.

What make me left?

I realised that i was doing work for the sake of working. The passion as compared to when I first joined was gone. Everyday I dragged myself out of bed to work. Due to technology advancements, work seemed to be never ending. WFH only made thing worst.

I was lucky i started investing young. I decided to throw letter back in Apr after PB. Last day was 2nd of May. Currently happily semi retired doing full time tuition and grabfood. Monthly income only about 3K now but my passive income is able to cover the shortfall. Furthermore, Wife and kid likes it that I have time for them now.

Just want to advise the younger ones. Don’t join just because of high salary. Join for passion.
Your passion is tuition and grabfood?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,808 Replies, 2,163,383 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
716 Replies, 382,810 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
665 Replies, 334,662 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,960 Replies, 7,657,679 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
550 Replies, 319,472 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 114,987 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,949 Replies, 1,512,711 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,539 Replies, 767,069 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,233 Replies, 1,533,176 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,883 Replies, 5,050,899 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 128,626 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,860 Replies, 4,480,904 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 78,308 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 55,821 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
932 Replies, 293,204 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,408 Replies, 643,417 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
342 Replies, 71,193 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 12,671 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
843 Replies, 244,667 Views
Career at Keppel
4 Replies, 1,399 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
601 Replies, 476,927 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,930 Replies, 648,540 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
195 Replies, 51,164 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,054 Replies, 775,307 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
213 Replies, 81,555 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,061 Replies, 1,880,800 Views
ST Engineering Land Systems ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 1,962 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,314 Replies, 2,671,635 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
287 Replies, 117,639 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,935 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2