How much are you earning per annum? - Page 828 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8271 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

You can retire in 10 years time. By the time you're 55, your condo will be paid off. Your children will also be working and they will be financially independent. In fact, they can also contribute to the household expenses if they are still living with you. You can sell your condo for $1.2m and then downgrade to a $400k four-room HDB flat. So, you have cash of $800k.

You will spend $40k pa from age 55 to 65 for you and wife, assuming no car, no maid. This means over the 10 years you will spend $400k in total. You can then top up your wife's CPF SA with $241k for the CPF Life Enhanced scheme. At 65, you and wife will each get $1750 pm from CPF Life or $3500 pm in total. This will last you until you both die. As a bonus, your children will give you $500 pm from each of them and if you have two children, you will get an extra $1000 pm.

On top of this, you still have cash of $339k ( ($1500 x 12 x 10) + ($800k - $400k) - $241k). You can keep this as emergency fund or to take care of inflation.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
45, sole bread winner, total income $108k pa.

Expenses
1. Condo mortgage $2000 pm (10 more years to pay)
2. Car instalment and other car expenses $1200 pm
3. Children tuition, pocket money, enrichment, etc $1000 pm
4. Household expenses $2000 pm
5. Others $1300 pm

Savings $1500 pm

Reply With Quote
  #8272 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can retire in 10 years time. By the time you're 55, your condo will be paid off. Your children will also be working and they will be financially independent. In fact, they can also contribute to the household expenses if they are still living with you. You can sell your condo for $1.2m and then downgrade to a $400k four-room HDB flat. So, you have cash of $800k.

You will spend $40k pa from age 55 to 65 for you and wife, assuming no car, no maid. This means over the 10 years you will spend $400k in total. You can then top up your wife's CPF SA with $241k for the CPF Life Enhanced scheme. At 65, you and wife will each get $1750 pm from CPF Life or $3500 pm in total. This will last you until you both die. As a bonus, your children will give you $500 pm from each of them and if you have two children, you will get an extra $1000 pm.

On top of this, you still have cash of $339k ( ($1500 x 12 x 10) + ($800k - $400k) - $241k). You can keep this as emergency fund or to take care of inflation.


How much you expect to earn when you retire in 10 years time?
How much will your saving then?
How much income (or passive income be more accurate) you can derive from your nest eggs?
How much do you intend to spend after retirement?
Do you intend to down grade your living standard to what is somehow equivalent to 2k a month? Without car? Without oversea holidays? Every meal home cooked?
Not to forget you will not getting your CPF Life at age 55.

Don't give stupid advice if you are not competent.
Consult your financial planner for a plan to work for you.
To get into Greece type of financial crisis at age 55 is really not a joke.....

Reply With Quote
  #8273 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Don't be stupid. He can get $800k cash when he moves to a hdb flat. What's wrong with retiring in a hdb flat? 83% of Singaporeans now live in hdb flats. Don't be arrogant. Just because you live in a condo, you look down on people living in hdb flats. Don't be snobbish and arrogant please. Have you forgotten that you lived in a hdb flat before?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much you expect to earn when you retire in 10 years time?
How much will your saving then?
How much income (or passive income be more accurate) you can derive from your nest eggs?
How much do you intend to spend after retirement?
Do you intend to down grade your living standard to what is somehow equivalent to 2k a month? Without car? Without oversea holidays? Every meal home cooked?
Not to forget you will not getting your CPF Life at age 55.

Don't give stupid advice if you are not competent.
Consult your financial planner for a plan to work for you.
To get into Greece type of financial crisis at age 55 is really not a joke.....

Reply With Quote
  #8274 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be stupid. He can get $800k cash when he moves to a hdb flat. What's wrong with retiring in a hdb flat? 83% of Singaporeans now live in hdb flats. Don't be arrogant. Just because you live in a condo, you look down on people living in hdb flats. Don't be snobbish and arrogant please. Have you forgotten that you lived in a hdb flat before?

Please be forward looking!
Now only 45, already plan to down grade your living standard when retire.
You should plan how to retire with 60% replacement income of your last drawn salary, not planning to live (more accurately surviving) with 2k equivalent of today's money.
If you already enjoying good life now with car and condo, do you want to live in flat and squeeze into public transport?

Equip your children so they can earn 10 times your present salary. Then ask 5k from each of them to enjoy life like a duke and not a beggar.....

If your are on subsistence lifestyle, just confine it to yourself. Others should plan for better life than what already have........in 10 years time.
Reply With Quote
  #8275 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be stupid. He can get $800k cash when he moves to a hdb flat. What's wrong with retiring in a hdb flat? 83% of Singaporeans now live in hdb flats. Don't be arrogant. Just because you live in a condo, you look down on people living in hdb flats. Don't be snobbish and arrogant please. Have you forgotten that you lived in a hdb flat before?


People already go for musang king and you still contended with kampong durian????????
Reply With Quote
  #8276 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default A class above

I see 2 main contributors under the "hot" topic of retirement. One is the old multi-millionaire and the other is..., well a guy who makes a lot of trashy and repetitive (and conflicting) assumptions.

The postings from the old guy made a lot more sense and is more logical and objective. He also doesnt resort / retaliate to insults and insinuations.

The other poster seems very insecure and seems in need of validation. He turned defensive and abusive when other posters questioned his assumptions.

The old millionaire guy is definitely more steady and I guess this comes from "having been there and done that" He has benefited financially from the knowledge that he is sharing in his posts but he is leaving it up to readers to follow his advise.

It is clear who is a class above.
Reply With Quote

  #8277 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be stupid. He can get $800k cash when he moves to a hdb flat. What's wrong with retiring in a hdb flat? 83% of Singaporeans now live in hdb flats. Don't be arrogant. Just because you live in a condo, you look down on people living in hdb flats. Don't be snobbish and arrogant please. Have you forgotten that you lived in a hdb flat before?


Are you going to spend your retirement life just wondering around Orchard Road everyday?
Reply With Quote
  #8278 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see 2 main contributors under the "hot" topic of retirement. One is the old multi-millionaire and the other is..., well a guy who makes a lot of trashy and repetitive (and conflicting) assumptions.

The postings from the old guy made a lot more sense and is more logical and objective. He also doesnt resort / retaliate to insults and insinuations.

The other poster seems very insecure and seems in need of validation. He turned defensive and abusive when other posters questioned his assumptions.

The old millionaire guy is definitely more steady and I guess this comes from "having been there and done that" He has benefited financially from the knowledge that he is sharing in his posts but he is leaving it up to readers to follow his advise.

It is clear who is a class above.

Yes. I have retired, and I am retired rich.
Rich in the sense that my passive income is more than 120% of last drawn salary.
I increase my spending every year by 5%, and my nest eggs still increase every year my at least 10%.
I don't need to downgrade my living standard like some stupid fellow who advice the 45 yo to reorganize his living style downward.
Plan properly and you should be able to live with 60% replacement income when you retire, and not otherwise.
If you are no good, just find out how other people make their golden years as a reward for the contribution they have made, to himself, his family and the country. Don't create wealth like a frog under coconut shell........
Reply With Quote
  #8279 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Common on guys. Let's not quarrel like a bunch of old ladies.

Retirement is all about choice. Noone is right or wrong. Some prefer to retire like a king while others prefer to retire simply. To each his own. We don't need to impose your idea of retirement on others.

If you want to maintain your current lifestyle in retirement, you can do so and just need to work longer to 70 or 75 years old.

If you want to retire early at 50 or 55, and willing to downgrade to public housing, just do it since you value your free time more. Or if you have other pursuits in life.

At the end of the day, be happy with your choice. Don't need to quarrel.
Reply With Quote
  #8280 (permalink)  
Old 25-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Common on guys. Let's not quarrel like a bunch of old ladies.

Retirement is all about choice. Noone is right or wrong. Some prefer to retire like a king while others prefer to retire simply. To each his own. We don't need to impose your idea of retirement on others.

If you want to maintain your current lifestyle in retirement, you can do so and just need to work longer to 70 or 75 years old.

If you want to retire early at 50 or 55, and willing to downgrade to public housing, just do it since you value your free time more. Or if you have other pursuits in life.

At the end of the day, be happy with your choice. Don't need to quarrel.
You rude guy how dare you say that old ladies like to fight.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,729 Replies, 1,298,162 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,772 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 455,408 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,827 Replies, 4,650,706 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme...
3 Replies, 109 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,093 Replies, 2,536,447 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,656 Replies, 7,374,177 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 135,292 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 203,236 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,724 Replies, 4,367,479 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,849 Replies, 612,242 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,033 Replies, 527,962 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 59,031 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 37,017 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
880 Replies, 228,384 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 112,494 Views
DXC Technology
0 Replies, 51 Views
Y Ventures Group
0 Replies, 32 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,022 Replies, 2,515,854 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 26,756 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 9,039 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 7,792 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 279,197 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
487 Replies, 276,672 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,788 Replies, 1,421,652 Views
Process Engineer Salary
3 Replies, 5,241 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,914 Replies, 1,762,704 Views
Maybe it's rosy after all
1 Replies, 1,673 Views
Best-paying jobs in the US
1 Replies, 2,844 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2