Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see 2 main contributors under the "hot" topic of retirement. One is the old multi-millionaire and the other is..., well a guy who makes a lot of trashy and repetitive (and conflicting) assumptions.

The postings from the old guy made a lot more sense and is more logical and objective. He also doesnt resort / retaliate to insults and insinuations.

The other poster seems very insecure and seems in need of validation. He turned defensive and abusive when other posters questioned his assumptions.

The old millionaire guy is definitely more steady and I guess this comes from "having been there and done that" He has benefited financially from the knowledge that he is sharing in his posts but he is leaving it up to readers to follow his advise.

It is clear who is a class above.

Yes. I have retired, and I am retired rich.
Rich in the sense that my passive income is more than 120% of last drawn salary.
I increase my spending every year by 5%, and my nest eggs still increase every year my at least 10%.
I don't need to downgrade my living standard like some stupid fellow who advice the 45 yo to reorganize his living style downward.
Plan properly and you should be able to live with 60% replacement income when you retire, and not otherwise.
If you are no good, just find out how other people make their golden years as a reward for the contribution they have made, to himself, his family and the country. Don't create wealth like a frog under coconut shell........