Anyone working in Recruit express? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone working in Recruit express?

Old 25-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Verified Member

allstar is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone working in Recruit express?

How's the life working as recruit express agent? Is it well paid?

Old 25-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

good luck.. you will need it if you join RE

Old 26-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Used to work there before as recruitment consultant. It's an extremely fast paced environment and requires really good communication skills. Always have to be on the phone, calling candidates, liaising, and matching them to a suitable job positions.

After all, have to bear in mind that it is a sales job despite the fancy title of "recruitment consultant'. Perm staffs have targets to meet monthly, although I feel that the targets given to them are achievable. Need to have the "sales DNA" in order to do well.

Remuneration is also pretty good, with a decent basic salary, topped with commission scheme that is determined by your monthly sales generated. First 1-2 years may be tough, but hard work will pay off typically from 2nd to 3rd year onwards. If you're able to survive, it is an attractive & dynamic job with good salary.

Old 26-12-2014, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

RE north east west r quite difficult to hit target
RE central aka bfcg(banking finance central govt) has more resumes sent to em
Thus easier life hit target. Some more bfcg has more decent look ladies
There r more atas names like Robert Walters or hays
Another trend is big banks have a unique position call talent acquisition.
Sounds like cool only

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 26-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Typical boiler room telesales environment. You can make a decent living if you are really good in telephone sales, but if you really want to build a credible sales career over the long term, there are much better places out there.
Old 26-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

RE is easily the worst recruitment agency out there...

Old 28-12-2014, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
second this... the only reason y they are still surviving is because fresh and ignorant job seekers are born every minute.
Old 28-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
To be fair, RE can be a pretty decent recruitment agency if you're looking for holiday jobs, temp job, or as a fresh diploma/degree graduate looking for your first job.

Because RE is one of the more established recruitment firm, they have a large clientele, ranging from well-known MNCs, to smaller firms & factories hidden in tuas. I feel that the main factor lies in the recruitment consultant that you're liaising with. If your consultant is sincere to match you to a job that you like, then you'll have a pleasant experience. Sad to say many consultants are just eager to close the contract and hit the quota, hence the bad reputation...
Old 29-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
To be fair, RE can be a pretty decent recruitment agency if you're looking for holiday jobs, temp job, or as a fresh diploma/degree graduate looking for your first job.

Because RE is one of the more established recruitment firm, they have a large clientele, ranging from well-known MNCs, to smaller firms & factories hidden in tuas. I feel that the main factor lies in the recruitment consultant that you're liaising with. If your consultant is sincere to match you to a job that you like, then you'll have a pleasant experience. Sad to say many consultants are just eager to close the contract and hit the quota, hence the bad reputation...
An individual recruiter's sincerity has nothing to do with it. The problem is places like RE does not allow a recruiter to spend time and try to match candidates with the correct job. They have to close the deal & move on ASAP, otherwise confirm will not hit target.

RE targets recruitment of junior level positions that are below 150k annual remuneration. The margins and fees they charge per placement is also very thin, the recruiters cannot afford to waste time talking to candidates or companies, they need to make up the lack of margin with high volumes of placements to meet KPI.

This is a sad fact. I also went in telling myself that I want to help people find good jobs, but quickly realise either I waste time on each person trying to get them a good job or I myself face the axe and need to look for job.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:57 PM

kittymark1987 is on a distinguished road
Default Star Recruitment

I am surprised no one has yet to write a complaint in the internet about this recruitment firm. (Star Recruitment) When I first started working, boss said unpaid training but could not give me a timeline. I saw a few young guys working for 2 months with no pay or paid only $200.

I requested to have a employment letter signed so I was signed on 4th May 2016. Basic agreed was $2500 but was told 30% would be deducted if I do not hit $10 000 sales target and no commission will be given even if i hit $9000 sales. It was not elaborated in details on how ONE DAY'S wage would be deducted DAILY if we do not send in 10 resumes per day and a further deduction of pay on minor mistakes on job advertisements posting.

I was not happy with the talking down culture and felt that it was almost impossible to hit $10 000 sales target monthly since all the existing clients were given to a Malay lady. And I realised they were the only recruitment firm who will deduct basic pay and review sales on weekly/monthly basis. Most reviewed on quarterly basis with no deduction of basic. So I decided i will work until 31st May to get 1 month salary.

In the end, I received only $270 for a MONTH'S wage. I was shocked and angered. They deducted so much from my pay. I was practically left with nothing, not even enough to cover transportation. I worked 10 to 12 hrs per day, sent 8 to 10 resumes daily consistently (except on a few days <5 days), clinched a new client and closed in a few thousand of sales.

I called Steven (boss) and he shouted at me saying I was not a good worker. I don't mean to defend or praise myself, but I think I was the better ones among the rest. I worked fast. Even if I didn't hit $10 000 sales target, it was unethical of him to deduct my pay to such extent. He played with numbers in calculation of basic pay and deductions. How could an employer deduct one day's wage ($120+) for not sending 10 resumes?

And he likes to have weekly challenge. If we don't hit the weekly challenge, he would expect us to treat all the colleagues or give money to him. I felt very uncomfortable with this arrangement because it reflected a lack of kindness and generosity on his part. We are already having 30% pay cut with no commission and we still got to compensate him?? I have been working for 10 years and I have never come across such nonsense. He likes to talk down and humiliate people too, stripping off peoples' self esteem. RUDE.

He employs foreign workers on social visit pass and just reimburse a few hundred (to shut their mouth). All the employees have left. 2 remained but I doubt they will stay seeing how others like me have been treated. I am writing this and I hope this post will spread so that people will not go thru the same as I did.

Please do NOT work for STAR RECRUITMENT. They are basically just a bunch of cheats who plays with the contract and law, taking advantage of people who are sincere employees. I have lodged a complaint against them but please spread the word. When I saw the payslip, I cried for many hours because I felt shortchanged and humiliated. I lost my brother 7 months ago. Thats why I left my previous teaching job (been there 7 years). I wanted to join the corporate world to have a change of environment but I did not expect such a treatment from my 1st corporate job. Going to work was a dread because daily we faced verbal insults and sarcasm. Don't make the same mistake as I did.

An ethical and humane person would not put sand in a person's rice bowl (An ancient Indian saying). We all just want to work hard and earn our deserved wages.

Company: Star Recruitment Ptd Ltd
Owner: Steven Chan and Charlotte