Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone working in Recruit express?
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be fair, RE can be a pretty decent recruitment agency if you're looking for holiday jobs, temp job, or as a fresh diploma/degree graduate looking for your first job.

Because RE is one of the more established recruitment firm, they have a large clientele, ranging from well-known MNCs, to smaller firms & factories hidden in tuas. I feel that the main factor lies in the recruitment consultant that you're liaising with. If your consultant is sincere to match you to a job that you like, then you'll have a pleasant experience. Sad to say many consultants are just eager to close the contract and hit the quota, hence the bad reputation...
An individual recruiter's sincerity has nothing to do with it. The problem is places like RE does not allow a recruiter to spend time and try to match candidates with the correct job. They have to close the deal & move on ASAP, otherwise confirm will not hit target.

RE targets recruitment of junior level positions that are below 150k annual remuneration. The margins and fees they charge per placement is also very thin, the recruiters cannot afford to waste time talking to candidates or companies, they need to make up the lack of margin with high volumes of placements to meet KPI.

This is a sad fact. I also went in telling myself that I want to help people find good jobs, but quickly realise either I waste time on each person trying to get them a good job or I myself face the axe and need to look for job.