Seeking job through recruitment agency? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Seeking job through recruitment agency?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 33
Stressfullsociety is on a distinguished road
Default Seeking job through recruitment agency?

Hi all,

Fresh diploma grad here. I'm currently seeking for a job. Should i approach recruitment agency as i feel that it is easier to find one.

I'm not very sure how recruitment agency works, Do they have any hidden agenda?

Can anyone recommend some better agencies?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16
Devjyoti is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi stressfulsociety,
I have sought & found jobs through recruitment agencies in the past. You send them your resume, they find suitable jobs for you & get back to you- if you like the kind of jobs they sent, you mail them back/call them up & them you're interested, they then fix up interviews for you. If you do get a job, they get a commission from the Company.

I have found them pretty useful in the past.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 33
Stressfullsociety is on a distinguished road
Default

anyone have other opinion?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devjyoti View Post
Hi stressfulsociety,
I have sought & found jobs through recruitment agencies in the past. You send them your resume, they find suitable jobs for you & get back to you- if you like the kind of jobs they sent, you mail them back/call them up & them you're interested, they then fix up interviews for you. If you do get a job, they get a commission from the Company.

I have found them pretty useful in the past.
i do have the same opinion. tip: find a recruitment agency that is highly specialized in your field of interest. for example, get in touch with agencies that deal with finance jobs if you are interested in working in the finance environment, likewise for IT. Don't go for agencies that handle every like jobs. who knows the resume you've submitted might be considered for a call operator job or an insurance agent job. they know nuts about your qualifications and are only interested in meeting quotas
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 33
Stressfullsociety is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i do have the same opinion. tip: find a recruitment agency that is highly specialized in your field of interest. for example, get in touch with agencies that deal with finance jobs if you are interested in working in the finance environment, likewise for IT. Don't go for agencies that handle every like jobs. who knows the resume you've submitted might be considered for a call operator job or an insurance agent job. they know nuts about your qualifications and are only interested in meeting quotas
Hi,
How do i know which agencies are specialize in which field? Any agencies to recommend? My interest is in the field of supply chain and logistic management.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 64
aplover is on a distinguished road
Default

U r generally not going to get much mileage with recruitment agencies that are specialized for fresh grad or diploma or those with low salary. Not trying to be rude or funny here but specialized agencies in certain job sectors generally cater for experienced n more importantly higher paid jobs.

Why? Because they are paid on a commission basis based on annual salaries. Time is precious to them so they rather work on higher yielding jobs.

For new grads or lower paying jobs, there are general recruitment or mass market agencies that cater to this market like recruit express, kelly services etc.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 33
Stressfullsociety is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplover View Post
U r generally not going to get much mileage with recruitment agencies that are specialized for fresh grad or diploma or those with low salary. Not trying to be rude or funny here but specialized agencies in certain job sectors generally cater for experienced n more importantly higher paid jobs.

Why? Because they are paid on a commission basis based on annual salaries. Time is precious to them so they rather work on higher yielding jobs.

For new grads or lower paying jobs, there are general recruitment or mass market agencies that cater to this market like recruit express, kelly services etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i do have the same opinion. tip: find a recruitment agency that is highly specialized in your field of interest. for example, get in touch with agencies that deal with finance jobs if you are interested in working in the finance environment, likewise for IT. Don't go for agencies that handle every like jobs. who knows the resume you've submitted might be considered for a call operator job or an insurance agent job. they know nuts about your qualifications and are only interested in meeting quotas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devjyoti View Post
Hi stressfulsociety,
I have sought & found jobs through recruitment agencies in the past. You send them your resume, they find suitable jobs for you & get back to you- if you like the kind of jobs they sent, you mail them back/call them up & them you're interested, they then fix up interviews for you. If you do get a job, they get a commission from the Company.

I have found them pretty useful in the past.
Hi all,
i heard many bad reviews about recruit express. Any recruitment agencies to recommend?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Achieve is pretty good. But I am not in the supply chain industry.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much Commission does a Job Agency Recruiter take? icy water Income and Jobs 14 24-03-2014 01:06 AM
Translation Agency WIP SG Seeking Southeast Asian Partners WIPSg Marketplace and Find Work 0 05-12-2012 04:30 PM
Become Top Tutors - Gradtutors Home Tuition Agency gradtutors Marketplace and Find Work 0 26-11-2012 03:54 PM
Which job agency the best davidtanwei Income and Jobs 1 24-05-2011 09:37 AM
Agency Questions syler Income and Jobs 1 02-12-2010 04:51 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,653 Replies, 4,585,892 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,005 Replies, 518,491 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 3,007 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,611 Replies, 1,269,203 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,734 Replies, 1,405,764 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,999 Replies, 2,492,252 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,552 Replies, 7,330,720 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,666 Replies, 4,345,878 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 271,127 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,021 Replies, 736,742 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 96,083 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,331 Replies, 569,339 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
866 Replies, 219,212 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,058 Replies, 2,517,482 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 34,642 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 368,987 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 729,205 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 452,047 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,909 Replies, 1,741,927 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 56,758 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 151,606 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,844 Replies, 606,413 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 25,941 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 99,513 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,933 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 639,878 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 23,936 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 69,915 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,093 Replies, 1,310,276 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 106,945 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2